Roseman interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DENTALDMDD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone out there recieved an interview invite at Roseman?? If so, for when? I only added them to my AADSAS about a week and a half ago, but they let me fax them my DAT scores so Im hoping I hear back from them soon

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. My mailing was 7/22 and haven't heard anything as of yet. I heard they give out invites later in the cycle (like end of october or something).

Nope. My mailing was 7/22 and haven't heard anything as of yet. I heard they give out invites later in the cycle (like end of october or something).

i remember hearing something about roseman not offering interviews til late october?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey has anyone out there recieved an interview invite at Roseman?? If so, for when? I only added them to my AADSAS about a week and a half ago, but they let me fax them my DAT scores so Im hoping I hear back from them soon

i smell someone advertising their school..

haha jp :laugh:

lol you guys can't give this man a break

I know seriously! Im kinda confussed as to why, but whatever!

Friends of mine were at Roseman tonight for a pre-dental club tour and the faculty said they would be sending out interviews starting tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled and your Inboxes fresh! :zip:

Friends of mine were at Roseman tonight for a pre-dental club tour and the faculty said they would be sending out interviews starting tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled and your Inboxes fresh! :zip:

Yeah, and I hear they calculate your sGPA for the previous three years only (if that makes it higher). I'm psyched for that! 3.3 becomes 3.7 :)

Jeez... Now I'm going to be updating my inbox every half hour for like a day... :laugh:

Yeah, and I hear they calculate your sGPA for the previous three years only (if that makes it higher). I'm psyched for that! 3.3 becomes 3.7 :)

Jeez... Now I'm going to be updating my inbox every half hour for like a day... :laugh:

You mean... they'll forget that 2.75 that I got my freshman year?! :eek:

With that said, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: on the interview invite tomorrow, :luck: because I'm interview deprived as of now...
When I had my interviews over my head, it was exhausting. Now that I don't have anymore left, I :cry:

You mean... they'll forget that 2.75 that I got my freshman year?! :eek:

With that said, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: on the interview invite tomorrow, :luck: because I'm interview deprived as of now...
When I had my interviews over my head, it was exhausting. Now that I don't have anymore left, I :cry:

:laugh: Almost my exact freshman gpa, so I know how you feel. At least you've had multiple interviews. It's gotta feel good :thumbup:

So I thought they were supposed to hand out interviews today? Anyone get anything from them?

I got a call from the school today to schedule an interview. I picked Oct 26 out of the 3 options that she gave me. I am still waiting for the confirmation email.

I got a call from the school today to schedule an interview. I picked Oct 26 out of the 3 options that she gave me. I am still waiting for the confirmation email.

Do you mind sharing your stats? Also do you remember what other dates they gave you?

Members don't see this ad :)

What are your stats/mail out date?

Do you mind sharing your stats? Also do you remember what other dates they gave you?

I remember Nov 4 and Nov 18 (both are on Fri and I have lab so I picked Oct 26)

My stats: GPA 3.9, DAT AA 20/TS 20/PAT 19

I hope you will hear from them soon. Good luck!

You're interview day will be just fine, don't sweat it! Good luck! Maybe I'll see some of you here for the interview! lol

I scheduled my interview today for November 4th.

Im really excited!!

Anybody know where to get a hotel and stuff?

I know Roseman states they don't have a preference for residents and what not. But I can't help but notice something. Most (not all) of the predents profiles for Roseman interviews from last year and this year (so far) are all from either California or Utah. Any thoughts on this?

I know Roseman states they don't have a preference for residents and what not. But I can't help but notice something. Most (not all) of the predents profiles for Roseman interviews from last year and this year (so far) are all from either California or Utah. Any thoughts on this?

It could just be a reflection of the two states that has the most applicants applying to Roseman? Kind of how UoP is private and don't care, but they have roughly 2:1 cali people to everyone else. Not sure, maybe they secretly dislike OOS applicants :laugh:

It could just be a reflection of the two states that has the most applicants applying to Roseman? Kind of how UoP is private and don't care, but they have roughly 2:1 cali people to everyone else. Not sure, maybe they secretly dislike OOS applicants :laugh:

I was thinking they secretly prefer Utah and California residents for the pre-dec interviews :D But yea, maybe you're right... probably a lot more CA and UT residents applying.

i was there the other night for a campus visit with the predental club and they mentioned specifically that they receive the most applications from california and from utah. but they were very clear that they do a thorough review of all applications before extending any interviews. there will at least be one interview date in october, two in november and december, and one in january and february. good luck everyone!

It could just be a reflection of the two states that has the most applicants applying to Roseman?

I'm almost positive this is the reason. On a side note, someone mentioned to me that half the inaugural class is composed of Utah students. Maybe a current student could confirm or refute that.

Half the class is composed of Utah residents.......

There are quite a few people from California and Texas too

I received an invitation by email today. I'm an Arizona resident. However, I did grow up in Utah...so I guess you could argue that could be included in the point you're making. Either way, I'm very excited!

I recieved an interview invite last friday as well! Im scheduled for the 26th of october. I am extremely excited! Im a Colorado resident but go to school in Arizona. My buddy who goes to Roseman said they have people from all over in their class but the majority are from California, Utah, AZ and Texas. I think he said that there are a few from Canada and China as well.. But who knows ..

Got invited to a personal interview on Thursday 10/06.
Scheduled it on Oct 26th. See ya there. :cool:

Got invited to a personal interview on Thursday 10/06.
Scheduled it on Oct 26th. See ya there. :cool:

Did u get the follow up email...when I called n scheduled mine they said to look out for an email on monday...it's Monday n nothing so far :/

I'm pretty sure they just forgot Monday was a holiday.

I can't seem to get ahold of their office. I received the invite e-mail on friday, but no one answers when I call (5 times so far). Anyone else having this problem?

Received a phone call for the interview, then the interview invitation letter.

I can't seem to get a hold of their office. I received the invite e-mail on Friday, but no one answers when I call (5 times so far). Anyone else having this problem?
Leave a voice message, Amanda will listen to it later.

Monday is a holiday ???

Would someone like to give feedback on their interview (last years cycle of course). I think it would really help out the interviewees this cycle.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Would someone like to give feedback on their interview (last years cycle of course). I think it would really help out the interviewees this cycle.

Thanks! :thumbup:

+1

Does sound useful....

So they seem to prefer Utah/Cali kids?
Haven't heard from them at all. Thought my stats were decent for that school (3.7 sci, 19's)

Roseman doesn't prefer any state over another. They just recieve alot more applications from certain states. Dont worry, Im sure you will hear from them soon. They have only been giving out interviews since last Thursday I think, so there will be A LOT more to come..

As far as the interview goes all you need to know are a few things;

1- It is extremely laid back. I went to 4 interviews last year and it was by far the least intimidating. The day started out by meeting a few of the interviewees and introducing one of them to board and other interviewees. We then had some presentations, tour, lunch, group activity and a one on one interview. The interview was more of a conversation than an interview. In mine we talked about some of personal experiences and then I had an oppertunity to ask questions.

2- The ADCOM is looking to make sure you fit into the schools system. You could have a 4.0 and a 27 on the DAT but if you dont fit the system you wont get in. Do some research and know what the school is about. (That goes for any school you interview at)

3- Be yourself!

Search the threads for some more in-depth experiences from last years interviews. The school used to be called USN so you might want to search using that name.

So they seem to prefer Utah/Cali kids?
Haven't heard from them at all. Thought my stats were decent for that school (3.7 sci, 19's)

Same here. Havent heard from them too. Does it matter when we applied to them since we just started hearing back from the school.

Same here. Havent heard from them too. Does it matter when we applied to them since we just started hearing back from the school.

Late app's probably not a big deal for them. I have a late app and I just got one.

I haven't heard anything from Roseman yet....pooey...

What is Roseman's ideal student? Research and strong GPA/DAT? Cuz those are things I'm not. Surprisingly, I got an interview at UMN without any research experience =P

I just want to share that the interview went great. I was really impressed. Love the school, the program, the faculties and the new dental building (the building is brand-new and we were the first group that tour the building). The clinic has more than 180 chairs.

I'd love to go there!!! Everything was great except for the $400,000 loan. I don't know how long will I have to work to pay it off?

Yeah I loved the interview as well. I actually couldnt have been more impressed! It has now become one of my top choices.. The price is expensive but talking to the students there and looking at the prices of most other schools, its pretty comparable. The few students I spoke with there said that you dont need to take out the full 100k a year. They said they actually took out quite a bit less. Hopefully ill be hearing from them December 1st!

I just want to share that the interview went great. I was really impressed. Love the school, the program, the faculties and the new dental building (the building is brand-new and we were the first group that tour the building). The clinic has more than 180 chairs.

I'd love to go there!!! Everything was great except for the $400,000 loan. I don't know how long will I have to work to pay it off?

Is it true that they lack a sim lab?

Right now for the first year maybe two years they are going to have the sim-lab in the clinic itself. Why not when there are no upper classes using it? They have space for a sim lab to be built in the building.

Is it true that they lack a sim lab?

With the it being a new building the construction will be completed in stages. The spacious fifth floor (administrative/faculty) is complete as well as the 4th floor which is where the clinic is located. About half of the first floor is complete where dental class room, lockers, lobby and reception area are located. The Sim lab will be in clinic (4th floor) for the first year as each student has their own operatory. As supsequent classes begin work will start on the second and third floors. The Third floor will be another clinic floor and the second floor will have a simulation lab, additional lockers with additional space to grow into, etc... The other half of the first floor will be the emergency clnic as wells as a specialities clinic for OMS, Endo, Ortho, Pros, Peds, etc...

Its a state of the art building that is laid out very nicely. It has amazing views of the Wasatch mountains out all windows of the clinic and is situated in an very nice developing buisness district of suburban Salt Lake City.

Some more photos released from Thursday's dedication:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=17851145&title=utahs-first-dental-class-opens

Liason, so is it fair to assume than that the first class to actually use a sim lab will be the third class?

They weren't quite sure when we went on the tour, either next year or the 3rd year will be the first to use the sim lab.