Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the situation: i don't recall there being a supp application for Roseman.

I meant the application not the supp sorry about that. So we fill the PDF file, print it and mail it to them?

Members don't see this ad.

I meant the application not the supp sorry about that. So we fill the PDF file, print it and mail it to them?

That's what I did :). It will probably help you to print an extra copy since you can't save it. & don't forget to sign it.

The easiest way to do this is to type out the essay questions in ms words etc. Then copy and paste into PDF when you are done. Or if you are willing to spend money on adobe acrobat or cheaper 3rd party software, you will be able to save your application as you revise your application.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
We were told today that the graduating class of 2011 had a 99% passing rate on the NAPLEX and that one student scored a 139, the highest in the nation.

Just wanted to share.

We were told today that the graduating class of 2011 had a 99% passing rate on the NAPLEX and that one student scored a 139, the highest in the nation.

Just wanted to share.

Wow! That's impressive!

that really is awesome! i think we also need to consider that the curriculum is very intense and the students who end up finishing the program have to be very good test takers since the pass rate for each exam throughout has to be at least 90% correct?

that really is awesome! i think we also need to consider that the curriculum is very intense and the students who end up finishing the program have to be very good test takers since the pass rate for each exam throughout has to be at least 90% correct?

Yes. On Friday's exam, we take the test twice. Once alone and the second time with our group...If we pass the group portion with 95% or higher (no more than 3 questions wrong), we all get 5% extra on our individual tests...That's been saving my ass lol...As sad as it sounds.

Yes. On Friday's exam, we take the test twice. Once alone and the second time with our group...If we pass the group portion with 95% or higher (no more than 3 questions wrong), we all get 5% extra on our individual tests...That's been saving my ass lol...As sad as it sounds.

So basically, most of the time it's more like 85%, although you can't ever feel good about relying on team points.

It's not a good idea to rely on team points. Last week, we had three teams not pass the exam.

It's not a good idea to rely on team points. Last week, we had three teams not pass the exam.

Amen to that. It's best to plan on passing by yourself without team points. We have people continually needing team point to pass and its hard when you don't get them. From my experience, it's rare that a team not get their team points though.

Was it true that 79 students did not pass last Friday's test and had to reassets? I over heard it from a P2 student.

Was it true that 79 students did not pass last Friday's test and had to reassets? I over heard it from a P2 student.

If you mean for Henderson, this is what I heard as well. It's also common knowledge that cardiology is one of the toughest blocks. By the way, can you PM me your name?

If you mean for Henderson, this is what I heard as well. It's also common knowledge that cardiology is one of the toughest blocks. By the way, can you PM me your name?

79! Wow, that's too bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received an invitation email yet? I just received mine about 20 minutes ago!! :D

hi everyone just received my interview invite for the following dates: nov 7, jan 19, and jan 24th.

has anyone else received the invite?
i am thinking of choosing January dates (i have two other interviews out of state in the same week), but since they are rolling do you think it is better to choose nov?

Hey guys! New to the forum aspect. i got my email today, and requested nov. 7. I know that is really soon but I plan on flying in the night before from California! Does anyone know what kind of interview questions they ask? So nervous!

my gpa is at a minimum..will they even accept someone at the minimum? lol

i think last cycle they found out (accepted or rejected) within the next 2 weeks post interview. they get back super fast. i think i'm going with the january interviews :/ i have a couple interviews lined up already and roseman requires a $1000 seat deposit within 15 days of acceptance.. :xf:

Congratulations on getting invited for interviews! Really glad to see that things are picking up around here. Going to try to address concerns in order although I'm too lazy to quote:

- If you think you can be ready for the interview in November and you really like Roseman, take it because you'll have a chance of getting accepted that much sooner and you can plan the rest of your interviews accordingly. If not, don't worry... your interview selection score is not going to drop between now and then.

- Interview questions from past years are available if you scroll all the way up, click on Interview Feedback, then Pharmacy Schools, then University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy (SDN hasn't updated the name yet). The most commonly listed questions are the ones that you're most likely to see, but some people like to ask the more interesting ones. I got the traditional questions, but I know people who got or who asked (as interviewers) the unusual questions. Just prepare as much as you want, then relax on the day of and get there early. Talk to people so you get used to talking. Remember to breathe and take a brief moment to compose an answer if needed. As long as you show that you can communicate orally and you don't have a downright dreadful personality, you'll be fine.

- People get in with low GPAs or low PCAT scores. Interview is a big part, so if you get the interview, you have a good chance.

- If you didn't get invited for an interview yet, hang in there. I got interviewed in February. I'm pretty sure they interview in March too.

- After the interview, you might get an answer in a pretty short period of time if they really like you. If not, it might take a month or even longer. I know many people who got accepted pretty late in the game, and I remember one person from last year's thread waiting for months and months after an early interview date before finally getting in. Don't lose hope.

Last edited:
I received my interview date as well last night, I picked November 7th. I am super excited, this is the only school I am applying to:)

Hey guys! Congratulations to all who have received interviews! Very exciting news! Do you guys have all the prereq's done? I plan on submitting my application this week.

my gpa is at a minimum..will they even accept someone at the minimum? lol

It all depends on what else is on your application. Did you explain on your application why your GPA is low and what you plan on doing differently to keep up in the program? It is an intense program and you will be quickly weeded out unless you take it seriously regardless of your undergrad stats. I would consider myself having a low GPA but I still got an interview and I nailed it, got accepted and am doing just as good as anyone.

I don't believe that the best students are necessarily the 4.0 type. Once you get in the program anything that happened in undergrad stat-wise is thrown out the window. Everyone starts with a clean slate. There are many 4.0 students that have a hard time in Roseman's pharmacy program while other students with who had lower GPA/PCAT that are thriving.

Bottom line is it's not how you performed in undergrad that will determine how well you do in pharmacy school, it's how seriously you take when you get there. Step up and work hard and you'll be fine.

If you do get an interview, make the best of it and sell yourself. If you got an interview, there was something on your application that the admissions department liked. Interview is the make it or break it point.

Good luck to all.

One november interview seems small, especially with it being on a Monday of all days.

One november interview seems small, especially with it being on a Monday of all days.

I agree, usually they do it on Thursdays. However, that's a non-test week and a potential day off for most students so that's probably works best for students and faculty to conduct interviews.

I agree, usually they do it on Thursdays. However, that's a non-test week and a potential day off for most students so that's probably works best for students and faculty to conduct interviews.

I'm hoping my Pcat scores come in this week. I really need a November 7th interview date, I've got my Pacific interview on the 5th, but Roseman is my top choice. I'd like to see where I stand with both schools around the same time period so I don't end up wasting 1000 dollars.

What campus is everyone wanting to get into, Utah or Nevada?

What campus is everyone wanting to get into, Utah or Nevada?

Nevada campus is preferred by many as it always fills up first and their waiting list is longer.

when do you pick what campus you would prefer?

IF you get to pick, it will be when you get your acceptance call. I say IF because the last handful of students get whatever is available. That's where the waiting list comes into play. What has happened in past years is that a student will accept a seat at the UT campus but will get waitlisted at the NV campus. If something becomes available in NV they will get a spot and a vacancy opens at the UT campus for someone else on their wait list.

IF you get to pick, it will be when you get your acceptance call. I say IF because the last handful of students get whatever is available. That's where the waiting list comes into play. What has happened in past years is that a student will accept a seat at the UT campus but will get waitlisted at the NV campus. If something becomes available in NV they will get a spot and a vacancy opens at the UT campus for someone else on their wait list.

Thanks for the info! I think i would want utah campus as my first choice

hi.. they let you choose your interview date and it is at a specific campus. so it doesn't matter what campus you interview at then?

hi.. they let you choose your interview date and it is at a specific campus. so it doesn't matter what campus you interview at then?

the email said your interview location didnt meant you would go to that campus if accepted

The date you do your interview will be campus specific. They don't hold interviews at both campuses on the same days. The campus you interview at doesn't mean that's the campus you have to attend. You'll still have a choice if youre accepted early enough.

thanks! sorry i must have overlooked that :)

For those who got an invitation for interview, when did you guys submit your application?

pretty late..first week of october

They received my application on 10/5.

Wow, I think that's very fast. I submitted my application yesterday, but my PCAT score hasn't arrive yet (I took the PCAT on Sept.21). So, they won't look at the application until they have the PCAT score, right?

One of my responses to the short essay portion was very short, it was about 4 sentences. Is that bad?

Wow, I think that's very fast. I submitted my application yesterday, but my PCAT score hasn't arrive yet (I took the PCAT on Sept.21). So, they won't look at the application until they have the PCAT score, right?

Yeah, they'll wait till they get your PCAT score before they offer you an interview. Don't worry, there will be plenty of interview dates for them to offer you.

One of my responses to the short essay portion was very short, it was about 4 sentences. Is that bad?

Depends. Did it answer the question completely? I don't think short answers are necessarily a bad thing.

PM me what it was and I can probably give you better feedback.

I think it's been Tuesday in the past for Henderson, and Nov. 7th is definitely good for most potential student volunteers because it's a reassessment Monday.

I think it's been Tuesday in the past for Henderson, and Nov. 7th is definitely good for most potential student volunteers because it's a reassessment Monday.

Oh yeah, they did Tuesday in Henderson and Thursdays in South Jordan the last few years. Kind of odd that it's a Monday for the first one.

Man the wait for the PCAT is killing me. I was wishing I'd get an interview at Roseman first so the possibility of having to dish out 1000 dollars to two schools wasn't as high.

Do they contact us when they receive our transcripts? I sent my application and ONE of my transcripts from the two schools I attended. They sent me an email confirming that. I ordered a transcript today from the second school I attended. Will Roseman email me when they receive the transcript? Also I took the PCAT Sept 26th will they email me when they receive that as well?

Do they contact us when they receive our transcripts? I sent my application and ONE of my transcripts from the two schools I attended. They sent me an email confirming that. I ordered a transcript today from the second school I attended. Will Roseman email me when they receive the transcript? Also I took the PCAT Sept 26th will they email me when they receive that as well?

If you were missing a transcript they should have contacted you about that. If they're missing anything they should contact you within the first week of receiving it supposedly.

If you were missing a transcript they should have contacted you about that. If they're missing anything they should contact you within the first week of receiving it supposedly.

They didn't state anything to that effect in the email. It said they are now doing the application reviewing process. I sent my application in with one of my two transcripts. On the application I checked yes I have taken the PCAT. The email didn't even say they don't have my PCAT score.

Did they tell you they didn't have your pcat score?

Edit- Email says if anything is missing they will strive to contact before the first week of March. Should I just contact there administrative offices?

They didn't state anything to that effect in the email. It said they are now doing the application reviewing process. I sent my application in with one of my two transcripts. On the application I checked yes I have taken the PCAT. The email didn't even say they don't have my PCAT score.

Did they tell you they didn't have your pcat score?

No but thats because I put when I took my PCAT on the application.