Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by Golden Bear, 09.01.11.

1. Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. amhong

amhong

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Thanks for all your help! Nice meeting you for the interview! Haha
  2. Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Pharmacy Student
    Kappa Psi SDN 2+ Year Member
    Model is unknown until they make their decision and put in the orders, but based on recent history, it will probably be one of the Dell business models.
  3. taurus2012

taurus2012

Pharmacy Student
    Hello Everyone, I am new to this web site. I got admission in Roseman Univesity, for 2012. Anyone in the same batch. Just want to connect with you all. Also, looking for accommodation.
  4. nh1027

nh1027

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank you!!! My stats weren't high at all. GPA 3.40, PCAT 60th percentile. Since he just responded to me and I interviewed on 2/7, I'm sure you'll hear soon! Good luck!!! :)
  5. nh1027

nh1027

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got both options offered. On my application I put that I'd go to either.
  6. nh1027

nh1027

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey amhong, you're going to Western right??
  7. Nanikure

Nanikure

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Anyone know a good place to look for roommates for the Utah campus? I'd rather have a roommate who attends the school or one of the other schools nearby..
  8. orangetulip

orangetulip

Pre-Pharmacy
    Does anyone know if there are any seats left in either campus and if Dr. DeYoung is still calling and accepting candidates? I'm still anxiously waiting :(
  9. Shanomi20

Shanomi20

Pre-Pharmacy
    my friend who interviewed end of january got called two days ago for nevada campus. I interviewed 2/21 and i called him yesterday... he said i'm on waiting list and i should call back april 20th and he'll tell my rank on the waiting list
  10. amhong

amhong

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I am if I pass biochem! Lmao. If I don't.. -.- then UofA
  11. jksp

jksp

Join the class of 2015 at FB: http://www.facebook.com/groups/rosemancop2015/
  12. taurus2012

taurus2012

Pharmacy Student
    Hello Golden Bear, I got admission in Roseman, Nevada. So how tough are the exams. I am really tensed regarding the 90%. How many hours do u guys study daily.? The exams are multiple questions or essay's.?
  13. taurus2012

taurus2012

Pharmacy Student
  14. Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Pharmacy Student
    They're multiple choice mostly. Some can be trickier than others but there's relatively few of the "two of the above" or "A and B, A and C..." types of questions. They are not bad if you prepare, and you should put in a few hours a day on average. I say on average because a lot of people, myself included, might not be as inspired to study hard until the 2-3 days before exams. I've found it tougher to get back on routine after holidays/breaks in the schedule for whatever reason, which is something I'd definitely advise students to be wary of.
  15. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Agreed. P1 year isn't to bad. You will see a lot more of the NAPLEX type questions in P2 year though.

A.
    B.
    C.
    D. Two of the above
    E. All of the above

Or my new most hated question format...

Which of the following is NOT true

A.
    B.
    C.
    D.
    E. All are true

It can get pretty crazy but it's doable. You basically just have to know your stuff really well.
  16. madeyoohlook

madeyoohlook

Pharmacy Student
    Hi Golden Bear,
    Do you guys get a spring break? I am trying to plan my wedding around that time but I am afraid that I will need that time to catch up on some studying. Advice please? Thanks.
  17. Ctooz

Ctooz

Post Doc
    Whomever got into this school, be prepared to endure the worst experience of your academic lives lol ! This school is absolutely no joke. You will have to memorize so much information, it will blow your mind. 60% of the class will bomb the first exam. I heard they recently took away the extra 5% from you group test, that adds to your individual exam (so essentially you could make an 85% on the test with group points and still pass) But now, it's 90% on your own every exam, no group points. P1 isn't so bad, but P2 is horrible. I actually had a life in P1, P2 was nothing but studying. So happy I graduated. Good luck everyone and god bless.
  18. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Sounds to me like you have something against the school. Yes its tough, no doubts there, but did you miss the part about it being an accelerated program? Its suppose to be hard. You should have known that going in. They aren't getting rid of the team point thing so I'm not sure where that came from.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile
  19. trap

trap

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Happy April Fools Day, Ctooz.

Team points still exist, and the bomb rate on the first test is not close to 60%. P2 is reputedly a lot harder than P1 tho, so that part's true.
  20. jksp

jksp

The 5% group point will still be in the assessment in the block systems. And more and more other 3-yr block programs adopted this approach including the group points.

I am glad it's no easy work, since we are dong a PharmD degree. I want a quality PharmD so as to build my career quality and reputation. We don't want patients say: that pharmacist knows so little even spelt words wrong.
  21. jrc71

jrc71

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    :thumbup:
  22. FarmDeeHI

FarmDeeHI Pharm.D., MBA

Pharmacist
    NCPA SDN 2+ Year Member
    We had a long four day weekend that they called a Spring Break (5 days if you passed the exam on the prior Friday) so if you can get married and honeymoon w/in those four days, then plan away. I, personally, would have wished for a longer one but I'll take what I can get. I'm also getting married later this year but had to change the date because the date we wanted cut into the last week of schooling in December. Booo.
  23. ducdoo

ducdoo

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Or you can do the whole shebang during summer break ^___^

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk
  24. madeyoohlook

madeyoohlook

Pharmacy Student
    Thats good to hear. I think I will be ok. I can have my wedding and party for three days and i will have the honeymoon after the semester. :) Thank you! Good luck on your wedding and congratulations!
  25. FarmDeeHI

FarmDeeHI Pharm.D., MBA

Pharmacist
    NCPA SDN 2+ Year Member
    Right back at ya! See you next year at Roseman.
  26. ramii

ramii

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi, I am applying for 2012 or 2013 intake. I have a Bachelor of Pharmacy from India class 2008 and MSc from UK class 2010. Currently I am registered Pharmacist in Iran practicing Pharmacy. I would like to know what is academic forgiveness and can i be eligible for that?
  27. ramii

ramii

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi, I am applying for 2012 or 2013 PharmD Program intake. I have a Bachelor of Pharmacy from India class 2008 and MSc from UK class 2010. Currently I am registered Pharmacist in Iran practicing Pharmacy. I would like to know what is academic forgiveness and can i be eligible for that?
    I do not know how to fill out the prerequisit section of the application form since have done my all studies overseas! Can any body give me some tips please?
  28. FarmDeeHI

FarmDeeHI Pharm.D., MBA

Pharmacist
    NCPA SDN 2+ Year Member
    :thumbup::thumbup:
  29. nh1027

nh1027

Pre-Pharmacy
    Lol I'm still having trouble with biochem as well. I have faith you'll pass! Still hoping to see you there:xf:
  30. ducdoo

ducdoo

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Do well on you biochem! It will visit you again in you p1 year.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk
  31. orangetulip

orangetulip

Pre-Pharmacy
    It's already april, if we haven't heard yet, does that mean Roseman is full?
  32. freshnewkicks

freshnewkicks

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I'm wondering the same thing....
  33. Tojatra

Tojatra

Pre-Pharmacy
    From what I understand: They have already contacted all of the people who they have accepted into their campuses and they have until about April 14 to accept. At that time, they will have a better idea of who else can be accepted and who will be contacted to be on the wait list.

I may be wrong though...
  34. cpak2007

cpak2007

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I think you are right! I'm trying to stay hopeful because from what I hear, a lot of people from the waitlist get accepted. Hopefully I become one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think he has this "waitlist" completed yet thought because all he told me was that he would have a better idea by april 16. I also have no heard of anyone being ranked on the waitlist yet, unless they are trying to get into the nevada campus and are already accepted into utah.
  35. orangetulip

orangetulip

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank you for the info, how disappointing if that is true though :(
  36. xKenny

xKenny

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I will be applying for the 2013 fall semester cycle. Do you guys have any tips?
  37. jksp

jksp

4/16/2012 is the deadline for $1000 deposit for those accepted. I am sure some people will give up their spot so after that date the school will move onto wait list. You may get a call anytime for an offer then!
  38. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Just making sure. They haven't contacted people on waitlist yet? They made only offers to the amount of people they offer Sears. 112 in Henderson and90 in Utah.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile
  39. val848

val848

SDN 2+ Year Member
    What????? ....
    How do you know that they offered 112 and 90 seats so far?
  40. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    No i'm just saying that's how many seats needs to be filled. I was wondering if they offered that many so far and see who accepts it then opens it up to waitlist.
    No clue

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile
  41. Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Pharmacy Student
    Yeah, I didn't understand your post either. If you are saying that there are 112 remaining seats in Henderson, that's probably not accurate because I'm pretty sure more of them have been filled by now. If you are saying there are 112 total seats, that's also not accurate because it's more like 145.

Utah probably has the capacity for about 145 as well if the classrooms are truly identical, but I don't the class has been filled to capacity as of last year.
  42. val848

val848

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Golden Bear,
    So Utah has the capacity to seat 145 as well? Do you have any insights as to why they limit it to 112?
  43. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Sorry was responding on my phone. I was wondering like, if they contacted the exact number of people as there are seats so far. Like if Nevada has 145 seats, they only contacted those 145 and gave them til mid april to decide and then based off that, they will start contacting those who are the waitlist? Or is it like they contacted 200+ and waiting til mid april to see if they accept or reject the offer then contact those on waitlist.

44. val848

val848

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I do not think they contact more than they have seats for.... So, no, they probably do not contact 200+ for Nevada if they only have 145 seats go Nevada...

I think they contact 145 fe Nevada and 112 for Utah at most. if any of them decline, they move down the list.
  45. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    They are only limited by the number of chairs in the classroom. The Henderson campus classrooms are a little larger than the ones in South Jordan. They usually accept 145 students for Henderson and 112 for South Jordan. Since coming to South Jordan they have increased the number of students per class each year and they finally maxed out the classroom capacity in South Jordan this past year for the class of 2014 at 112 students. I'd imagine they are going to max out the seats every year from here on out. I wouldn't be surprised if they added additional seating somehow to accomodate more students, not because there is a need for more pharmacists, but the monetary reward it too great for them.
  46. Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Pharmacy Student
    Oops. I stand corrected on the Utah seating capacity.
  47. diastole

diastole

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Utah is up to 112 now? It is getting harder and harder not to put Roseman and diploma mill in the same sentence.
  48. gsinccom

gsinccom

Pharmacist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Diastole, did you or any of your friends have a rotation with Kai or Krystal? If so, what were your thoughts on the experience?

Btw, what is it looking like for you after graduation? And, how did the match turn out for you guys?

Congrats on being so close to graduation! I remember how good it felt to wrap up rotations:) I imagine you feel the same.
    Last edited: 04.06.12
  49. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yep, and I'm sure they are currently thinking of ways to get more seats in the classroom :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile
  50. Pham

Pham

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

Its no different then any other school during this time. The University of Utah Increased the number of seats they take from 45 to 60 in 2010 again in 2011 and will prob again this year.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal