Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Omg...I sent in my deposit check and packet on 4/4, but still get nothing of confirmation. Mann...

hi..what did you send in ligible copy of residency proof. its jusr regular copy of SSN AND ID
OR coloring copy...

Members don't see this ad.

they just want a photo copy of your drivers license or state photo ID and social security card...legible just means easily read

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey gsinccom, do you still have a house or condo 4 rent?

Hey gsinccom, do you still have a house or condo 4 rent?
Our renters just moved out and we have it up for sale. We have an offer but if it isn't finalized in the next month we may put it up for rent again. You are welcome to ask again at that time if you are still looking.

In the past, Roseman put together a roomate database for those interested. You may want to contact Dr. DeYoung for details on this if he hasn't already let you know. You may also want to try ksl.com classifieds and/or craigslist salt lake city.

Hi guys, just got accepted to Utah campus yesterday. I interviewed at Nevada campus- can someone tell me more about the area? Cost of living? Activities? Attractions? And the like?

Our renters just moved out and we have it up for sale. We have an offer but if it isn't finalized in the next month we may put it up for rent again. You are welcome to ask again at that time if you are still looking.

In the past, Roseman put together a roomate database for those interested. You may want to contact Dr. DeYoung for details on this if he hasn't already let you know. You may also want to try ksl.com classifieds and/or craigslist salt lake city.
Thanks for the info!

I contacted Dr. Deyoung about my status. I'm on the waitlist and he said he would have a better idea about everybodys rank on the waitlist after April 25th.

Hi guys, just got accepted to Utah campus yesterday. I interviewed at Nevada campus- can someone tell me more about the area? Cost of living? Activities? Attractions? And the like?

CONGRATS

When did you interview? And please share your stats for us still waiting. Thanks!

I've lived here my whole life. Cost of living depends on the area you decided to live in. There are plenty of things to do. What kind of attractions are you looking for? There are tons of places to go hiking lots of outdoor stuff to do skiing etc.

I contacted Dr. Deyoung about my status. I'm on the waitlist and he said he would have a better idea about everybodys rank on the waitlist after April 25th.

Same here. Does anyone know the chances of getting in from the wait list? Or are we screwed?

CONGRATS

When did you interview? And please share your stats for us still waiting. Thanks!

I interviewed the last interview session, I believe, March 20th. My stats aren't that great, so I'm embarrassed, but perhaps they will help someone in a similar situation. I had a very low opinion of myself, and did not think I would even get into A pharmacy school. So, good luck everyone!

PCAT average percentile: 55
Overall GPA: 3.034
Pre-requistie GPA: 3.38

Dr. Deyoung said that the Nevada waitlist is about 12 people right now and the deadline is coming up (April 25) for the deposits and all. So don't lose hope! :xf:

I interviewed the last interview session, I believe, March 20th. My stats aren't that great, so I'm embarrassed, but perhaps they will help someone in a similar situation. I had a very low opinion of myself, and did not think I would even get into A pharmacy school. So, good luck everyone!

Dr. Deyoung said that the Nevada waitlist is about 12 people right now and the deadline is coming up (April 25) for the deposits and all. So don't lose hope! :xf:
if they haven't called you yet....do we assume that we are on the waitlist?? He said I was waitlisted, but couldn't tell me what position I was in yet. worried....blah

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

For those who need to pay the tuition deposit, do you know if the enrollment package + deposit must be RECEIVED by the university by the deadline or POSTMARKED by the deadline?? The e-mail says the university should have the documents by the deadline, but this is tricky for those who are sending from out of state??? I will call Dr. DeYoung to confirm, but was wondering if any of you know. Thanks!

my overall GPA was a 3.2 and dont know my pre-req GPA, but you probably did really well in your interview!
so theres only 12 people in the waitlist for nv?

my overall GPA was a 3.2 and dont know my pre-req GPA, but you probably did really well in your interview!
so theres only 12 people in the waitlist for nv?
That's probably the waitlist for those all ready accepted to Utah campus but still want Nevada campus. So for example, when someone gives up there seat in Nevada this opens a seat for people who are all ready accepted to Utah. This is still very good for the people not accepted yet because now there's a vacant seat in Utah and someone who has not been called yet will get an acceptance call!

Hey guys,

For those who need to pay the tuition deposit, do you know if the enrollment package + deposit must be RECEIVED by the university by the deadline or POSTMARKED by the deadline?? The e-mail says the university should have the documents by the deadline, but this is tricky for those who are sending from out of state??? I will call Dr. DeYoung to confirm, but was wondering if any of you know. Thanks!
Yea the e-mail definitely says, "must receive by 4/16". So if you can't get a response by mid-day tomorrow; I would definitely fed-ex the packet and deposit tomorrow! Don't risk it if your out-of-state!

That's probably the waitlist for those all ready accepted to Utah campus but still want Nevada campus. So for example, when someone gives up there seat in Nevada this opens a seat for people who are all ready accepted to Utah. This is still very good for the people not accepted yet because now there's a vacant seat in Utah and someone who has not been called yet will get an acceptance call!

Yeah, sorry that I might have been unclear. I included that tidbit for people still hoping to get into the Henderson campus, but there's probably another wait-list for those waiting to get accepted. I definitely think people will not meet the deadline for the deposit or accept admission somewhere else.

I'm curious about Dr. Deyoung's waitlist. I wonder if he has people lined up in a certain order. I remember them saying that they rate us by different aspects of our application. Honestly, I thought my interview wasn't that good. I was kind of fidgety and somehow forgot to make eye contact at times. I think what saved me is my extracurriculars. I'm obviously very lucky and grateful. Good things come to those who wait. :xf:

Yea the e-mail definitely says, "must receive by 4/16". So if you can't get a response by mid-day tomorrow; I would definitely fed-ex the packet and deposit tomorrow! Don't risk it if your out-of-state!

My e-mail says "must receive by April 25," but maybe because I got a later acceptance. So, I don't think post-mark matters. Get it there!

Send out ur $1,000 check + docs asap.

In the meantime, call the registrar to let her know about its on the way.

If u sent it already, call registrar. she will give u a verbal confirmation. that's why i did!

Hey guys,
So i have submitted my enrollment packet with the deposit. What's next in terms of financial aid? Do I wait for the financial aid office to call me and tell me that FAFSA covered everything or do i have to call and make an appt with them to work on paperwork? Thanks

Send out ur $1,000 check + docs asap.

In the meantime, call the registrar to let her know about its on the way.

If u sent it already, call registrar. she will give u a verbal confirmation. that's why i did!

My e-mail says "must receive by April 25," but maybe because I got a later acceptance. So, I don't think post-mark matters. Get it there!

Thanks all!! I'll definitely send out asap :)

Any news for wait listed people? I'm hoping this week will be our lucky week!

at least he said that you were on the waitlist, he just told me that he'll know my status by april 25.

Due to a recent acceptance to a public school at home I'll be giving up my seat. Good luck to whoever get it! :D

Hi guys,

Do anybody have any idea about how many students give up their admission each year on Nevada and Utah campus??

Hi guys,

Do anybody have any idea about how many students give up their admission each year on Nevada and Utah campus??

Idk but I hope enough to land me a seat!!!
This forum is getting scary! It has been quite quiet. :-/

Good Luck to you and all my fellows who are still waiting to hear from Dr. D.

Idk but I hope enough to land me a seat!!!
This forum is getting scary! It has been quite quiet. :-/

Good Luck to you and all my fellows who are still waiting to hear from Dr. D.

Since interviews are over, you can divide the people who regularly post into these categories: those who haven't gotten in and are waiting for good news, those who got in and are waiting to start, and those who are current students waiting for summer to come. ;)

I'm pretty sure there was a lot of movement of the waitlist last year by the end, meaning a lot of people got in from the waitlist. Just be patient and if you've earned it, you will get a seat.

I was accepted to Utah, wait list for Nevada. Got into Nevada today, so there is one seat open. FYI, I was in top 10 wait list for Nevada. Do not give up hope!

I wonder, have any rejections gone out yet? Also does anyone have any advice on whether to wait it out to see if you made the waitlist or to email or call to find out, because I have one pre-req I still need to take in spring and I wanted to know if it was worth taking or not... I obviously REALLY want to get in, this is my first choice and I really liked the school at my interview... lol so whats the best adequate, to wait or show them you care by contacting them? :) :confused:

I wonder, have any rejections gone out yet? Also does anyone have any advice on whether to wait it out to see if you made the waitlist or to email or call to find out, because I have one pre-req I still need to take in spring and I wanted to know if it was worth taking or not... I obviously REALLY want to get in, this is my first choice and I really liked the school at my interview... lol so whats the best adequate, to wait or show them you care by contacting them? :) :confused:

You better finish the pre-req in this spring. You never know if you will get a call oneweek before the school starts in August. In worst senario, you can re-apply next 2013 cycle again, but you still need the pre-req done, right?

Question for Current Students- How do holidays work especially over the summer. I am doing the MBA program starts on July 3rd. will we have the 4th off what about the 24th since it is a state holiday?

Last edited:
Question for Current Students- How do holidays work especially over the summer. I am doing the MBA program starts on July 3rd. will we have the 4th off what about the 24th since it is a state holiday?

Roseman doesn't do federal or state holidays, so I don't expect those to be days off for MBA students (including myself). You'll get every other Monday off as long as you pass assessments, which is very doable.

You better finish the pre-req in this spring. You never know if you will get a call oneweek before the school starts in August. In worst senario, you can re-apply next 2013 cycle again, but you still need the pre-req done, right?

very true, thanks. :)

I just got a call from Dr. De Young!! I got admission into the Utah school and I am Wait listed for the Nevada campus! Good luck everyone and god bless!

I just got a call from Dr. De Young!! I got admission into the Utah school and I am Wait listed for the Nevada campus! Good luck everyone and god bless!

Wow, you got a call on a SaTurDay!:luck:
COngratulation

Yeah I was so shocked. I was doing research with my teacher out in the field in 95 deg weather. Thank you so much!

Aweosome!! congrats..... I am hoping and praying I make it off the waitlist and what a great feeling to get off it when you least expect it on a saturday... lol I received a call from the number "1" earlier haha now I am wondering who it is, but its probably just a phoneprank off an app :p He said he will let people on the waitlist know their rank after April 27th, and that is when he will have a better idea.

I hope we get some good news sooooon and hopefully it isnt to difficult to get off the waitlisting but if Nevada is still full that isnt a great indication but anything can happen from here until August...:xf:

Aweosome!! congrats..... I am hoping and praying I make it off the waitlist and what a great feeling to get off it when you least expect it on a saturday... lol I received a call from the number "1" earlier haha now I am wondering who it is, but its probably just a phoneprank off an app :p He said he will let people on the waitlist know their rank after April 27th, and that is when he will have a better idea.

I hope we get some good news sooooon and hopefully it isnt to difficult to get off the waitlisting but if Nevada is still full that isnt a great indication but anything can happen from here until August...:xf:

Thank you so much! Do NOT lose HOPE! I emailed Dr. De Young a few weeks back and asked for my rank. He messaged back and said I am wait listed and should know after April 25th. He called today on a Saturday to let me know. Don't lose hope guys! Good luck in the process!

Also he said 50+ applicants have NOT turned in a deposit yet. This is JUST for the NEVADA campus. I can only imagine how many spots could open up at the Utah school. I am top 10 wait listed for Nevada but I am enrolled at the Utah campus now. So don't lose hope guys, a long game ahead. Good luck to you all.

Also he said 50+ applicants have NOT turned in a deposit yet. This is JUST for the NEVADA campus. I can only imagine how many spots could open up at the Utah school. I am top 10 wait listed for Nevada but I am enrolled at the Utah campus now. So don't lose hope guys, a long game ahead. Good luck to you all.

Congrats!
Do you mind sharing your stats please. ;)

Congrats! Hope i hear from him soon! Are you from fresno? lol i live like 2 hours away from fresno. Is your first choice Nevada?

Wow, you got a call on a SaTurDay!:luck:
COngratulation

The way you capitalized things made me think O_O what's the subliminal message? TDCO?

Anyways, I also was accepted to the Utah campus and I got a call on Saturday that I has a seat to the Nevada campus. :highfive: Perhaps thesituation took my Utah spot. :)

I think I was the 12th person on the list of waiters for Nevada, so that means a lot of people are backing out. Good luck everyone!