Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Random note on that Monday interview thing... all interviews at Henderson after this month (I think January, February, March?) are planned for Tuesdays.

thanks Golden bear! :) I really wish I could attend the very first one, but I will see everyone at the 2nd interview the one in Nevada.

Members don't see this ad :)
they just gave three days to choose from so they prob just couldnt make it to the first day

For those who got an invitation for interview, when did you guys submit your application?
4 days before my invite. AND I was told by email (bless that sweet lady in the office, she's right on top of things) right after receiving my application that one of my college transcripts wasn't there yet so I had to re-request that and they probably only got it the day before they emailed me. I was pretty surprised to get an invite this quickly... my gpa's not the greatest but I'm really determined and focused so maybe that prompted the invite.

Have they given out second interviews already?

no i was invited to the very first one but i won't be able to make it. that week will be very hectic because i have 2 other interviews out of state, and 2 exams . my biochem and biophys... :)

Yeah the earliest day I was offered was in November, the next available date is all the way in January, forget that noise.

hey nanikure, would u mind sharing ur stats with us??? I am apply to roseman this year also..

Hi, I am currently re-applying and would like some feedback from anyone who has reapplied and got accepted. Last year, when I applied, I received an interview; however, was placed on the waitlist and never got in. I am trying to reapply again this year but was wondering if I should keep all of my essay responses or should I change it up? Roseman is my first choice and I need another shot at the interview. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi, I am currently re-applying and would like some feedback from anyone who has reapplied and got accepted. Last year, when I applied, I received an interview; however, was placed on the waitlist and never got in. I am trying to reapply again this year but was wondering if I should keep all of my essay responses or should I change it up? Roseman is my first choice and I need another shot at the interview. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

I happen to fit this description. I applied to USN two years ago and got waitlisted but not accepted, then I applied last year and got in. I think I kept my answers similar but adjusted as needed for circumstances that changed, like additional pharmacy experience. And as Nanikure said, there is that additional "what have you done?" question for re-applicants that you'll have to address. In any case, I got a similar interview date between the two years, and I think the most important change was that I had a better interview the second time around.

i just found out i got an interview :) i picked the nov 7 date. does anyone know the soonest i could find out i got accepted? and does anyone know how many people they interview out of all the people they apply..just wanna know what my chances are..really hope i get in!

i just found out i got an interview :) i picked the nov 7 date. does anyone know the soonest i could find out i got accepted? and does anyone know how many people they interview out of all the people they apply..just wanna know what my chances are..really hope i get in!

Last year, I attended the Nov. interview and got accepted the following April. It varies from person to person, but the soonest is within a week or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was one of the last people to get in...I interviewed in Nov and didn't get in until 2 weeks before orientation. Don't give up hope!!

From what I hear your chances just really depend on how well your interview goes- I'll be there too on Nov. 7th, but I have no idea how many of us will be there. It's a plus to interview early, that's for sure! Is this the only school you're applying to?

I got an interview invite! I guess they received the PCAT scores. Not sure what date to choose from yet.

they got the september pcat scores already? Did they email you guys that they received the scores?

They just e-mailed me saying I had been chosen for an interview and asked which two dates I would consider my top two choices.

They will still offer you an interview even if they haven't reveived your PCAT score. For those of you who took the September PCAT, they won't have your scores yet. That just means everything else was impressive enough to land you an interview. They won't offer you admission until they do get your PCAT score though.

Congrats to those who have upcoming interviews. Relax and be yourself and you'll do fine. Good luck to all!

They will still offer you an interview even if they haven't reveived your PCAT score. For those of you who took the September PCAT, they won't have your scores yet. That just means everything else was impressive enough to land you an interview. They won't offer you admission until they do get your PCAT score though.

Congrats to those who have upcoming interviews. Relax and be yourself and you'll do fine. Good luck to all!

I thought they required your PCAT score considering that they use it for the interview selection score. I mean I had no PCAT score before the September test and then 3-4 days later after I received my score I got an invite so I just assumed.

I thought they required your PCAT score considering that they use it for the interview selection score. I mean I had no PCAT score before the September test and then 3-4 days later after I received my score I got an invite so I just assumed.

You got your results in 4 days? When I took mine 2 years ago it took 6 weeks to your results. Things have changed I guess. You're probably right then. The school must get your results more quickly then they did back when I was applying.

They PCAT counts towards your overall admission score, not just to get the interview. A good score definitely helps though. I interviewed someone last year who had a 98 PCAT and did very well during the actual interview but he didn't get accepted and I'm still trying to figure out why.

You got your results in 4 days? When I took mine 2 years ago it took 6 weeks to your results. Things have changed I guess. You're probably right then. The school must get your results more quickly then they did back when I was applying.

They PCAT counts towards your overall admission score, not just to get the interview. A good score definitely helps though. I interviewed someone last year who had a 98 PCAT and did very well during the actual interview but he didn't get accepted and I'm still trying to figure out why.

It took 5-6 weeks to get my score from the date I took the PCAT. Once my official scores were up though and sent out to schools I received the invite email. I don't know though maybe my application was just processed a bit later since I had it in October 1st.

They PCAT counts towards your overall admission score, not just to get the interview. A good score definitely helps though. I interviewed someone last year who had a 98 PCAT and did very well during the actual interview but he didn't get accepted and I'm still trying to figure out why.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Do you remember their GPA? 98 PCAT score and a good interview but not accepted?

Just confirmed an interview for Nov. 7th. See you all there!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

With the first interview approaching, here are some seemingly random and disparate suggestions.

- Pharmacy is a small world. You will be meeting future colleagues during the interview and you never know how closely you might work with them some day, even if you don't end up going to Roseman. So with that in mind, really try to introduce yourselves to your (student) interviewers and tour guides.
- Take pictures (perhaps stealthily if possible). If you make it in, you might randomly chat with people and realize that they interviewed on the same day as you, but you won't remember each other at all. At least you might as well get photo evidence.
- You can prepare all you want and read your notes while you wait for your scheduled interview, but try your best to be relaxed and in a good state of mind by any means necessary. Plan ahead and use that intrapersonal intelligence.
- Lab coat size is pretty much same as shirt size. Ignore the fancy numbers.
- Don't distrust directions given by Google maps or GPS devices/apps. Yeah, I messed up last year and showed up slightly late, I admit it...

Wow! Do you remember their GPA? 98 PCAT score and a good interview but not accepted?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall what his GPA was but it was fairly decent. At least a 3.7 though. I do remember that he had retaken the PCAT to get the score of 98 so that may have been a factor in it. Maybe the other half of the interview team (a faculty member) didn't think he did so good. It's really hard to say why he didn't get in.

I got in with a composite score of 11...But I got lucky lol

This is NOT typical. I know a few people in the P1 class with a 99 composite score on the PCAT. I got a 76 and also got into other schools. I chose Roseman because of the block schedule.

This is NOT typical. I know a few people in the P1 class with a 99 composite score on the PCAT. I got a 76 and also got into other schools. I chose Roseman because of the block schedule.

Hi! How do you like the block schedule? Do you have available free times for school events and community service type stuff?

Just confirmed an interview for Nov. 7th. See you all there!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

I'm headed down and possibly might be looking for someone to ride with me so I'm not driving through blizzards along... anyone else headed down? I'm leaving from Snow College area and plan to maybe go down early if I can. Weather isn't supposed to be great and it's looking like my family won't be able to make it so I just thought I'd check here to see who else is going.

Just got an email today. Im interviewing Jan 24th in Nevada!!! They just received my pcat scores.

Congratulations to those of you that got an interview so far. Has anyone gotten an interview without having had all transcripts sent in?

Congratulations to those of you that got an interview so far. Has anyone gotten an interview without having had all transcripts sent in?

I sent 1 of 2 of my transcripts in with my supplemental application. I then sent my second transcript a week or 2 later for the other university i attended.After that I got an interview date.

hey you guys who got interviews, do you mind sharing your pcat scores?

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Ayuka001, My overall GPA is a 3.4 with a pcat composite of 87. I never calculated the pre-req gpa.

are you a freakin ******? 11%? and still needing those group points to pass every time? are you the stupidest person in your class? or are there more like you? you definitely give me a confidence boost. i will apply. if you can make it, i definitely will make it!

3.34 GPA
83 Composite PCAT
4 years Pharmacy Technician Experience

My GPA sucks :p

Your GPA does suck, but at least your composite is not 11% like someone's (like jew unit).

Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Ayuka001, My overall GPA is a 3.4 with a pcat composite of 87. I never calculated the pre-req gpa.

How can you not know your pre-req gpa? It is required on the application. Are you as stupid as jewunit? Please say you're not, because I don't want to see you next year.

With the first interview approaching, here are some seemingly random and disparate suggestions.

- Pharmacy is a small world. You will be meeting future colleagues during the interview and you never know how closely you might work with them some day, even if you don't end up going to Roseman. So with that in mind, really try to introduce yourselves to your (student) interviewers and tour guides.
- Take pictures (perhaps stealthily if possible). If you make it in, you might randomly chat with people and realize that they interviewed on the same day as you, but you won't remember each other at all. At least you might as well get photo evidence.
- You can prepare all you want and read your notes while you wait for your scheduled interview, but try your best to be relaxed and in a good state of mind by any means necessary. Plan ahead and use that intrapersonal intelligence.
- Lab coat size is pretty much same as shirt size. Ignore the fancy numbers.
- Don't distrust directions given by Google maps or GPS devices/apps. Yeah, I messed up last year and showed up slightly late, I admit it...

Take pictures stealthily? You sound creepy. BTW, can you send me your picture so I know to avoid you in the restroom.

At least it wasn't an 11%!!! Jewunit gives us all hope!!!

Because I came to the PCAT drunk and didn't bother to study? lol...It was during the phase where I was switching out of pharmacy and going into dental. Plus I only took it once to feel it out before I taking it again.

Just because I didn't do well on some test, doesn't mean I'm stupid...Have you taken a test from this school yet? Team points save your ass...Getting 90% is not easy...Plus out of 5 test so far, I needed team points for 2 of them.

Last edited:
How can you not know your pre-req gpa? It is required on the application. Are you as stupid as jewunit? Please say you're not, because I don't want to see you next year.

Wow, very mature. With your attitude you definitely don't need to worry about seeing me next year. The application does not ask you to calculate your pre requisite gpa. It only asks you to calculate the gpa from your transcripts. Your ignorance is outstanding.

Wow, very mature. With your attitude you definitely don't need to worry about seeing me next year. The application does not ask you to calculate your pre requisite gpa. It only asks you to calculate the gpa from your transcripts. Your ignorance is outstanding.

I am very happy that you won't be coming next year!!! People like you and jew unit don't belong in pharmacy. You guys are a waste of oxygen.

Because I came to the PCAT drunk and didn't bother to study? lol...It was during the phase where I was switching out of pharmacy and going into dental. Plus I only took it once to feel it out before I taking it again.

Just because I didn't do well on some test, doesn't mean I'm stupid...Have you taken a test from this school yet? Team points save your ass...Getting 90% is not easy...Plus out of 5 test so far, I needed team points for 2 of them.

So, you couldn't make it into dental, huh??? You couldn't beat 11% on the DAT's??? Maybe you should drink some more before taking it.