About the ads

Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by Golden Bear, Sep 1, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. Stilltrying1288

Stilltrying1288

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    If you were missing a transcript they should have contacted you about that. If they're missing anything they should contact you within the first week of receiving it supposedly.
  2. thesituation559

thesituation559 Ready for whatever

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    They didn't state anything to that effect in the email. It said they are now doing the application reviewing process. I sent my application in with one of my two transcripts. On the application I checked yes I have taken the PCAT. The email didn't even say they don't have my PCAT score.

Did they tell you they didn't have your pcat score?

Edit- Email says if anything is missing they will strive to contact before the first week of March. Should I just contact there administrative offices?
  3. Stilltrying1288

Stilltrying1288

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    No but thats because I put when I took my PCAT on the application.
  4. thesituation559

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah I did the same. I put the date I took it.
  5. Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Pharmacy Student
    Kappa Psi SDN 2+ Year Member
    Random note on that Monday interview thing... all interviews at Henderson after this month (I think January, February, March?) are planned for Tuesdays.
  6. dkphx

dkphx

Pharmacy Student
    thanks Golden bear! :) I really wish I could attend the very first one, but I will see everyone at the 2nd interview the one in Nevada.
  7. thesituation559

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Have they given out second interviews already?
  8. LM2

LM2

Pre-Pharmacy
    they just gave three days to choose from so they prob just couldnt make it to the first day
  9. shannyanny

shannyanny

Pre-Pharmacy
    got mine today- good luck!
  10. shannyanny

shannyanny

Pre-Pharmacy
    4 days before my invite. AND I was told by email (bless that sweet lady in the office, she's right on top of things) right after receiving my application that one of my college transcripts wasn't there yet so I had to re-request that and they probably only got it the day before they emailed me. I was pretty surprised to get an invite this quickly... my gpa's not the greatest but I'm really determined and focused so maybe that prompted the invite.
  11. dkphx

dkphx

Pharmacy Student
    no i was invited to the very first one but i won't be able to make it. that week will be very hectic because i have 2 other interviews out of state, and 2 exams . my biochem and biophys... :)
  12. Nanikure

Nanikure

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yeah the earliest day I was offered was in November, the next available date is all the way in January, forget that noise.
  13. namtuoc

namtuoc

Pre-Pharmacy
    hey nanikure, would u mind sharing ur stats with us??? I am apply to roseman this year also..
  14. Nanikure

Nanikure

Pre-Pharmacy
    3.34 GPA
    83 Composite PCAT
    4 years Pharmacy Technician Experience

My GPA sucks :p
  15. asngrl4444

asngrl4444

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi, I am currently re-applying and would like some feedback from anyone who has reapplied and got accepted. Last year, when I applied, I received an interview; however, was placed on the waitlist and never got in. I am trying to reapply again this year but was wondering if I should keep all of my essay responses or should I change it up? Roseman is my first choice and I need another shot at the interview. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!!
  16. Nanikure

Nanikure

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well if you got an interview the first time then I would assume your essay responses were fine. I think there's an additional essay question for applicants reapplying though.
  17. Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Pharmacy Student
    I happen to fit this description. I applied to USN two years ago and got waitlisted but not accepted, then I applied last year and got in. I think I kept my answers similar but adjusted as needed for circumstances that changed, like additional pharmacy experience. And as Nanikure said, there is that additional "what have you done?" question for re-applicants that you'll have to address. In any case, I got a similar interview date between the two years, and I think the most important change was that I had a better interview the second time around.
  18. ariana716

ariana716

Pre-Pharmacy
    i just found out i got an interview :) i picked the nov 7 date. does anyone know the soonest i could find out i got accepted? and does anyone know how many people they interview out of all the people they apply..just wanna know what my chances are..really hope i get in!
  19. GaijinDesu

GaijinDesu

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Last year, I attended the Nov. interview and got accepted the following April. It varies from person to person, but the soonest is within a week or so.
  20. Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Pharmacy Student
    I've heard as little as a couple days afterward, and as much as... well, as late as you can get really.
  21. JEW UNIT

JEW UNIT

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I was one of the last people to get in...I interviewed in Nov and didn't get in until 2 weeks before orientation. Don't give up hope!!
  22. shannyanny

shannyanny

Pre-Pharmacy
    From what I hear your chances just really depend on how well your interview goes- I'll be there too on Nov. 7th, but I have no idea how many of us will be there. It's a plus to interview early, that's for sure! Is this the only school you're applying to?
  23. PharmDPls

PharmDPls

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I got an interview invite! I guess they received the PCAT scores. Not sure what date to choose from yet.
  24. LM2

LM2

Pre-Pharmacy
    did they give you choices?
  25. PharmDPls

PharmDPls

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

Yes, nov 7 and two dates in January.
  26. Stilltrying1288

Stilltrying1288

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Interviewing here on the 7th.
  27. thesituation559

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    they got the september pcat scores already? Did they email you guys that they received the scores?
  28. Stilltrying1288

Stilltrying1288

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    They just e-mailed me saying I had been chosen for an interview and asked which two dates I would consider my top two choices.
  29. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    They will still offer you an interview even if they haven't reveived your PCAT score. For those of you who took the September PCAT, they won't have your scores yet. That just means everything else was impressive enough to land you an interview. They won't offer you admission until they do get your PCAT score though.

Congrats to those who have upcoming interviews. Relax and be yourself and you'll do fine. Good luck to all!
  30. Stilltrying1288

Stilltrying1288

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I thought they required your PCAT score considering that they use it for the interview selection score. I mean I had no PCAT score before the September test and then 3-4 days later after I received my score I got an invite so I just assumed.
  31. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

You got your results in 4 days? When I took mine 2 years ago it took 6 weeks to your results. Things have changed I guess. You're probably right then. The school must get your results more quickly then they did back when I was applying.

They PCAT counts towards your overall admission score, not just to get the interview. A good score definitely helps though. I interviewed someone last year who had a 98 PCAT and did very well during the actual interview but he didn't get accepted and I'm still trying to figure out why.
  32. Stilltrying1288

Stilltrying1288

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    It took 5-6 weeks to get my score from the date I took the PCAT. Once my official scores were up though and sent out to schools I received the invite email. I don't know though maybe my application was just processed a bit later since I had it in October 1st.
  33. jrc71

jrc71

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    They PCAT counts towards your overall admission score, not just to get the interview. A good score definitely helps though. I interviewed someone last year who had a 98 PCAT and did very well during the actual interview but he didn't get accepted and I'm still trying to figure out why.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Do you remember their GPA? 98 PCAT score and a good interview but not accepted?
  34. keefis

keefis

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just confirmed an interview for Nov. 7th. See you all there!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
  35. Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Pharmacy Student
    With the first interview approaching, here are some seemingly random and disparate suggestions.

- Pharmacy is a small world. You will be meeting future colleagues during the interview and you never know how closely you might work with them some day, even if you don't end up going to Roseman. So with that in mind, really try to introduce yourselves to your (student) interviewers and tour guides.
    - Take pictures (perhaps stealthily if possible). If you make it in, you might randomly chat with people and realize that they interviewed on the same day as you, but you won't remember each other at all. At least you might as well get photo evidence.
    - You can prepare all you want and read your notes while you wait for your scheduled interview, but try your best to be relaxed and in a good state of mind by any means necessary. Plan ahead and use that intrapersonal intelligence.
    - Lab coat size is pretty much same as shirt size. Ignore the fancy numbers.
    - Don't distrust directions given by Google maps or GPS devices/apps. Yeah, I messed up last year and showed up slightly late, I admit it...
  36. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Wow! Do you remember their GPA? 98 PCAT score and a good interview but not accepted?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall what his GPA was but it was fairly decent. At least a 3.7 though. I do remember that he had retaken the PCAT to get the score of 98 so that may have been a factor in it. Maybe the other half of the interview team (a faculty member) didn't think he did so good. It's really hard to say why he didn't get in.
  37. Summitguy98

Summitguy98 .....

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

This is NOT typical. I know a few people in the P1 class with a 99 composite score on the PCAT. I got a 76 and also got into other schools. I chose Roseman because of the block schedule.
  38. dkphx

dkphx

Pharmacy Student
    Hi! How do you like the block schedule? Do you have available free times for school events and community service type stuff?
  39. shannyanny

shannyanny

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm headed down and possibly might be looking for someone to ride with me so I'm not driving through blizzards along... anyone else headed down? I'm leaving from Snow College area and plan to maybe go down early if I can. Weather isn't supposed to be great and it's looking like my family won't be able to make it so I just thought I'd check here to see who else is going.
  40. thesituation559

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just got an email today. Im interviewing Jan 24th in Nevada!!! They just received my pcat scores.
  41. PharmDPls

PharmDPls

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'll see you there!
  42. thesituation559

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Nice! See you there. Look forward to meeting everyone then. It's still a while away and I'm already nervous haha
  43. stoichiometrist

stoichiometrist

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Congratulations to those of you that got an interview so far. Has anyone gotten an interview without having had all transcripts sent in?
  44. thesituation559

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I sent 1 of 2 of my transcripts in with my supplemental application. I then sent my second transcript a week or 2 later for the other university i attended.After that I got an interview date.
  45. Nanikure

Nanikure

Pre-Pharmacy
    Good luck tomorrow everyone, game faces on!
  46. Ayuka001

Ayuka001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    hey you guys who got interviews, do you mind sharing your pcat scores?
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  47. keefis

keefis

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Ayuka001, My overall GPA is a 3.4 with a pcat composite of 87. I never calculated the pre-req gpa.
  48. ugotjewd

ugotjewd

lol.. 11% are you being stingy with your score?
  49. patela814

patela814

are you a freakin retard? 11%? and still needing those group points to pass every time? are you the stupidest person in your class? or are there more like you? you definitely give me a confidence boost. i will apply. if you can make it, i definitely will make it!
  50. patela814

patela814

Your GPA does suck, but at least your composite is not 11% like someone's (like jew unit).