Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call from Dr. DeYoung that I'm off the wait list for Nevada! So I'll be switching from the Utah Campus to Nevada! See you guys there! So the people that are on the wait list that opens up a spot at the Utah Campus. Don't lose hope yet. Still plenty of time!

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call from Dr. DeYoung that I'm off the wait list for Nevada! So I'll be switching from the Utah Campus to Nevada! See you guys there! So the people that are on the wait list that opens up a spot at the Utah Campus. Don't lose hope yet. Still plenty of time!

Congratulations, dude. See you around!

I have a question for the p2 and p3 students in Nevada or anyone who might know this. In the month of August, are there alot of people who decide to drop out of Nevada? I will be #3 on the waitlist for nevada starting august 1st. I'm wondering if I have a chance to get into Nevada if I am #3? Have people in previous classes gotten last minute calls to get into Nevada? Or is it easy to switch from Utah to Nevada for P2 year?

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed haha.

Thanks guys! Quick question. Does the drug screening have to be done in Nevada? I got an email with some paper work and it has a document of a place in Nevada for the drug screening

From Dr. DeYoung's email.

Your drug screening must be done at one of the College’s contractedvendors in Nevada or Utah (see attached form).

I'm starting the dental program at Roseman next month so I was perusing the posts to get a feel of student life from the Pharm students. Sounds like I have lots to be excited about with curriculum and setting up for success early on with study habits.

Any recent acceptance from the waitlist ? :scared:

Just got my call today :D I was top 10 for Utah's wait list as of the beginning of July. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else who is close, there is still hope!! I'll be officially at Utah unless something opens up at Nevada by August 1st.

Just got my call today :D I was top 10 for Utah's wait list as of the beginning of July. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else who is close, there is still hope!! I'll be officially at Utah unless something opens up at Nevada by August 1st.

Please can you share your stat
Thanks

Congrats ! I hope I get a call soon. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to Utah a few days ago :) I was top 10 as of beginning of June. good luck

Thanks guys! Quick question. Does the drug screening have to be done in Nevada? I got an email with some paper work and it has a document of a place in Nevada for the drug screening

They have a few locations in Salt Lake county that you can go to.

Congrats to everyone accepted to Roseman. Anyone accepted to Nevada not planning to attend, please let Dr. Young know so those on the waitlist don't have to wait much longer. Thank you, I'm excited to meet everyone soon :)

It is great to see people with families making such a journey. I am one on the other side of the fence. My wife is in after she interviewed in February and was accepted a few weeks later to either campus. She will attend the Utah campus, but we (me and our girls) will stay behind. They love their school and my job will help pay for expenses outside tuition. We may all live there soon but for now.......
Best of luck to you all.

It is great to see people with families making such a journey. I am one on the other side of the fence. My wife is in after she interviewed in February and was accepted a few weeks later to either campus. She will attend the Utah campus, but we (me and our girls) will stay behind. They love their school and my job will help pay for expenses outside tuition. We may all live there soon but for now.......
Best of luck to you all.

How far away will you live from her? That seems tough!

We live in Reno and would be an 8 hour drive away. We would rather have flights every other week so she can study at the airport and on the flight. Knowing the committment that you must have at this level is very important. We can always move there if the girls decide they want to leave the school that they have always been in. Again, I admire what each of you (and my wife) have committed to.

Truly amazing circumstances.Best of luck to your family!It willdefinitely pay off in the long run!Hopefully your wife will find some good rotations in Reno

Wooohoooo! I just got the call yesterday to transfer from utah to nevada!!! So excited!!! I was 15th on the wait list when I first got accepted in May. A miracle can really happen at the last minute, just have hope and patience :) goodluck everyone, I look forward to meeting you in a few weeks :D

Wooohoooo! I just got the call yesterday to transfer from utah to nevada!!! So excited!!! I was 15th on the wait list when I first got accepted in May. A miracle can really happen at the last minute, just have hope and patience :) goodluck everyone, I look forward to meeting you in a few weeks :D

Awesome!! Welcome to the Henderson Campus!

Congrats to the incoming class of 2015!!!:thumbup: For the P1s, if you need a sofa that pulls out and becomes a sofa bed (practically brand new) only used once when I thought I was going to have a roommate, dining table + 4 chairs, office chair (Steelcase), full mattress + boxspring, microwave, color printer etc.. send me an email at:

[email protected] I can send you pictures

If you buy the dining table, sofa, mattress, and chair I can throw in the rest for free!! We can work out the price.

I'm trying to get rid of all my furniture before I leave Vegas for my P3 rotations.

Thanks and super excited for the new class. You guys will make us proud!

We live in Reno and would be an 8 hour drive away. We would rather have flights every other week so she can study at the airport and on the flight. Knowing the committment that you must have at this level is very important. We can always move there if the girls decide they want to leave the school that they have always been in. Again, I admire what each of you (and my wife) have committed to.

I was in the same position as you. My family lived in az and I commuted every week from Henderson to Tucson. The commute was not ideal, but like you we did not want to uproot our kids from school. I just wanted to give you some encouragement from someone who has gone through what you are about to start. It may be difficult at times but believe it or not time will fly. Good luck.

Usn cop 2011

does anyone know when we have the 6 weeks off?

If anyone wants to hang out and have lunch or something after their BLS, I'm down. I'm a P2 and I'll be in the area.

Golden Bear, I'm down for lunch. BLS starts at 8am. I'm not sure when it is over, however.

If anyone wants to hang out and have lunch or something after their BLS, I'm down. I'm a P2 and I'll be in the area.

i can go for lunch too! my BLS is 8am of the 17th

r u on Facebook?

hey LM2! i am on BLS 8am of 17th.

r u on facebook c/o 2015?

I am the 1pm session. I don't have a FB but maybe ill join on my wifes and check it out..do you have the link for it?

Hello guys,

I am an aspiring student for Roseman University and plan to apply by the end of the year. I'm currently taking Organic Chemistry I and starting Speech soon. I've finished most of the requirements: Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, General Chemistry I and II, and English. I also recently finished Statistics.

I want to ask if Roseman would waive Calculus as a prerequisite for Statistics (3 Units)?

Hello guys,

I am an aspiring student for Roseman University and plan to apply by the end of the year. I'm currently taking Organic Chemistry I and starting Speech soon. I've finished most of the requirements: Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, General Chemistry I and II, and English. I also recently finished Statistics.

I want to ask if Roseman would waive Calculus as a prerequisite for Statistics (3 Units)?

They are pretty set on there prereqs so I would say no

Like no chance at all or would they at least consider? :( I've taken Calculus in High School but I was able get out of it. Seriously, I don't think I'll be able to handle Calculus since I struggled on Statistics which is arguably an easier class. :scared:

I'm pretty certain that it has to be some form of Calculus. Maybe there's an easier class that still qualifies? I remember two levels of Calculus being available back in undergrad.

Im pretty sure it is set and you will need to take calc.

Hello guys,

That would be great!! A few faculty would like that to happen in the future.