Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, you couldn't make it into dental, huh??? You couldn't beat 11% on the DAT's??? Maybe you should drink some more before taking it.

I didn't even take the DAT. :|....Where in my comment, did I say I took the DAT? Plus, they don't have percentages, they have RAW scores.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't even take the DAT. :|....Where in my comment, did I say I took the DAT? Plus, they don't have percentages, they have RAW scores.

Maybe you could get an 11 then on the DAT's. Secondly, my cousin went to this school and had no problems passing at all. You must be a genius!!!

are you a freakin ******? 11%? and still needing those group points to pass every time? are you the stupidest person in your class? or are there more like you? you definitely give me a confidence boost. i will apply. if you can make it, i definitely will make it!

Go troll somewhere else. I wouldn't bother applying if you keep that attitude up because you won't get in.

Take pictures stealthily? You sound creepy. BTW, can you send me your picture so I know to avoid you in the restroom.

I knew I should have elaborated....

People aren't gonna want strangers going around the waiting area with a camera and just taking pictures. But after a few weeks or so of meeting people during your first year, I think you'd be interested to know if you interviewed on the same day as them. But nobody has pictures during interview days, so it's not really possible to know.

Just got my interview invite! I think it's about time they saw my September PCAT score.

Hi, for all who was interviewed yesterday, how do feel the interview went and have you heard from the school yet? Good luck to all!

From what I hear your chances just really depend on how well your interview goes- I'll be there too on Nov. 7th, but I have no idea how many of us will be there. It's a plus to interview early, that's for sure! Is this the only school you're applying to?

Hey Shanny, it was nice meeting you and the folks yesterday at the interview. Remember me? I sat next to you at the student common. How did your interview went? Mine was ok, but the professor didn't come in till like 20 minutes into the interview with the student. She was kind of rushed through her questions but they were't too hard. Well, hope everyone did well and i guess now we're playing the waiting game :)

I know they say they give extra preference to Utah and Nevada residents but does anyone know how much it actually helps to live in either state?

Hi, for all who was interviewed yesterday, how do feel the interview went and have you heard from the school yet? Good luck to all!

I think it went pretty well, don't think anybody will hear anything for a week or two.

I know they say they give extra preference to Utah and Nevada residents but does anyone know how much it actually helps to live in either state?

They grade on a point system. Residents of Utah and Nevada gets 1 point extra to their total score. Not really a big deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way we can get a schedule of the breakdown of points that are allocated?

Last edited:
Anyone know how many people they accept the first round?

Anyone know how many people they accept the first round?

From what I heard, Dr. DeYoung get's half the seats filled by the end of all interviews (I don't know the exact number for each interview week). But he does that to be fair to everybody at all interview dates.

From what I heard, Dr. DeYoung get's half the seats filled by the end of all interviews (I don't know the exact number for each interview week). But he does that to be fair to everybody at all interview dates.

I interview January 24th. I hope too many spots aren't taken up before then.

Hey Shanny, it was nice meeting you and the folks yesterday at the interview. Remember me? I sat next to you at the student common. How did your interview went? Mine was ok, but the professor didn't come in till like 20 minutes into the interview with the student. She was kind of rushed through her questions but they were't too hard. Well, hope everyone did well and i guess now we're playing the waiting game :)
There were so many nice people there in Henderson Monday! I think were all nervous... except for the tall Bball guy who already got accepted to AZ- he just made me laugh he seemed so relaxed. Fun stuff, hope we get in!

Because I came to the PCAT drunk and didn't bother to study? lol...It was during the phase where I was switching out of pharmacy and going into dental. Plus I only took it once to feel it out before I taking it again.

Just because I didn't do well on some test, doesn't mean I'm stupid...Have you taken a test from this school yet? Team points save your ass...Getting 90% is not easy...Plus out of 5 test so far, I needed team points for 2 of them.

Im a p2 at Roseman, i roam these forums from time to time. Using team points does not in the slightest mean you didnt study or are stupid. Im clarifying that for everyone. And Unit, just wait for the p2 year tests :) You still have a few doozies in p1 to take since your only in biochem now. Good luck though, let me know if you need anything.

And if anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me. Im not gonna be a downer, but i wont sugar coat anything. There are always goods and bads with any program and there is no difference here.

Pong Champ, are you at the henderson campus??

Okay, I thought your username came up in a conversation I had with a P1 student but I am mistaken. Do you know if the So.jo. campus has the same layout as henderson?

Okay, I thought your username came up in a conversation I had with a P1 student but I am mistaken. Do you know if the So.jo. campus has the same layout as henderson?

The layout is the same as far as classroom setup goes. The Henderson campus is a little bigger though as their pharmacy class is around 150 while the South Jordan classes are around 100.

I just mailed in my app today! Am I suppose to receive confirmation they received it? How long does that take? My mail should get there saturday.

I just mailed in my app today! Am I suppose to receive confirmation they received it? How long does that take? My mail should get there saturday.

They will send you an email confirming the receipt of your application. The email I got did not say whether it was complete or not and I knew I was missing a transcript. When I turned my app in I hand delivered it to the henderson campus and I got a confirmation email within ten minutes of walking out the door. I am guessing you should hear something Monday.

You handed it in? :oops: Nice. What's the email titled, so I can find it through my spam/inbox!

So, what campus fills up faster? henderson or south jordan?

So it is better to apply earlier!

As long as you apply by the deadline you have a chance of getting in. They won't fill all the seats until ask the interviews have finished. If you get called early you will get to choose which campus you want to attend. The Henderson campus is the more popular choice.

I'm just hoping for an interview..which I'll be lucky..since im at bare minimum 2.800. I hope to be the first 2.800 that gets accepted.

As long as you apply by the deadline you have a chance of getting in. They won't fill all the seats until ask the interviews have finished. If you get called early you will get to choose which campus you want to attend. The Henderson campus is the more popular choice.

Hi Pong Champ, I see that you're attending SJ campus. I'm looking forward to attending there too as my wife can work at the ARUP laboratory. I see that your screen name tells much about your hobby. I played quite a bit of table tennis back in undergraduate, too, but those were the old days. My skill isn't the same anymore with work and school to think about. During the interview visit at Henderson campus I saw that they have two tables there (what about SJ, anyone else play?). Back to the more important, how soon after the first batch of interview (Nov. 7) will we hear from Dr. DeYoung? I think the waiting game is beginning to be a bit of a nerve itching for all of us. Thanks for all of your post. They're quite informative!

Im a p2 at Roseman, i roam these forums from time to time. Using team points does not in the slightest mean you didnt study or are stupid. Im clarifying that for everyone. And Unit, just wait for the p2 year tests :) You still have a few doozies in p1 to take since your only in biochem now. Good luck though, let me know if you need anything.

And if anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me. Im not gonna be a downer, but i wont sugar coat anything. There are always goods and bads with any program and there is no difference here.

Hi Trankuil,

Appreciate your post and thanks for not "sugar coat anything". Since you're a p2 student (and congratulation for making this far), many of us would love to get our facts straight in term of what they're looking in qualifying applicants. Of course, numbers have to be good, but what do you think are the border lines?

Thanks for any opinion.

Last edited:
can anyone tell me if i have a C in organic chemistry 2? will it lower my chance to get in to Roseman, i haven't take pcat yet, plan to apply for 2013. maintained overall gpa 3.74 with my organic Chemistry 2. thanks a bunch

Hi Pong Champ, I see that you're attending SJ campus. I'm looking forward to attending there too as my wife can work at the ARUP laboratory. I see that your screen name tells much about your hobby. I played quite a bit of table tennis back in undergraduate, too, but those were the old days. My skill isn't the same anymore with work and school to think about. During the interview visit at Henderson campus I saw that they have two tables there (what about SJ, anyone else play?). Back to the more important, how soon after the first batch of interview (Nov. 7) will we hear from Dr. DeYoung? I think the waiting game is beginning to be a bit of a nerve itching for all of us. Thanks for all of your post. They're quite informative!

Yes, ping ping is very popular here at the South Jordan campus. We have two tables and between the two pharmacy classes, nursing and dental students, it's rare to see them not occupied. It's one of the few things we can do at school to relax and take a break from everything.

How soon you hear back from the admissions department varies. I have heard of students who heard within a week and others who had the early interview date and didn't hear back until the following April. I couldn't imagine having to wait 5 months to hear back from them.

From what I understand, having talked to Dr. DeYoung, after each interview session he is allowed to accept a handful (sorry, I don't know the exact number) of candidates based on their overall score starting at the top of the list and working down. After each subsequent interview session the list is reorganized and again, he'll call the top few candidates and offer them a spot. Only about half of the spots will be filled by the time all the interviews conclude so even if you have the last interview date, you still have a good chance of getting in.

The waiting game is in fact a horrible time for everyone involved. Hang in there everyone. Good luck to all.

can anyone tell me if i have a C in organic chemistry 2? will it lower my chance to get in to Roseman, i haven't take pcat yet, plan to apply for 2013. maintained overall gpa 3.74 with my organic Chemistry 2. thanks a bunch

I don't think having a C in O-chem II will hurt your chances of getting in, especially if you have a 3.74 overall GPA. If you do well on the PCAT and the other areas of your application are strong then you have a very good chance of getting an interview. Good luck.

I don't think having a C in O-chem II will hurt your chances of getting in, especially if you have a 3.74 overall GPA. If you do well on the PCAT and the other areas of your application are strong then you have a very good chance of getting an interview. Good luck.

Allow me to expand. The interview is what mostly matters for getting accepted...I was talking to my brother about this (a P3 at Roseman) and he did multiple interviews throughout his pharmacy run (they needed P2 and P3 to volunteer for interviews at one point).

Hmm, how is the chance to interact with like other students on campus? Pre-nursing, predental, mba, etc..?

Thanks again you two. It's really helpful to get so much information. Now if only I could find some part time pharmacy technician work xD.

have u had any experience? nowadays i've noticed that retail pharmacies wont hire u unless u got ample experience en can multitask cuz employers do not have time to train newbies. cuz at CVS, thats true, but you could probably try the grocery store pharmacies cuz they usually aren't as busy like tha more famous retail chains

roseman university and pacific university have the same program structure, but I feel that pacific is more welcoming and has that family-feel to it. what do you all think? I interviewed with both, and got accepted at pacific, but I wouldn't mind going to roseman either if i got in. where would you choose to go and why? just in case I have to choose, hehe. oh and does anyone know who has better NAPLEX passing rates?

Hmm, how is the chance to interact with like other students on campus? Pre-nursing, predental, mba, etc..?

Technically, the "pre-" shouldn't be there... but we basically do not interact with students with other programs. Don't worry though, it's not like you'd really get acquainted with all the students in your own program unless you're hypersocial. This is not specific to pharmacy school or even education in general; it would be the same in any group of 145 people.

roseman university and pacific university have the same program structure, but I feel that pacific is more welcoming and has that family-feel to it. what do you all think? I interviewed with both, and got accepted at pacific, but I wouldn't mind going to roseman either if i got in. where would you choose to go and why? just in case I have to choose, hehe. oh and does anyone know who has better NAPLEX passing rates?

The data set is pretty small for Pacific University, but I'm pretty sure Roseman has had higher NAPLEX passing rates in all the years for which there is data. I don't know the finer details of Pacific University's program, but some other factors you might consider are: different climates, different costs of living, different things to do around town (note: Las Vegas is quite accessible from Henderson), different classroom layouts, different number of years of existence for each program, the possibility of staying in the respective areas to start your career...

Roseman in consistently in the 98-99% passing range for the NAPLEX (It was 99% for 2011 graduates). That doesn't really suprise me either because anyone who can make it through Roseman's rigorous pharmacy program is going to be well prepared for the NAPLEX.

One week since the 1st interview has passed. I suppose all the early acceptances are sent by now.

I got a question for the P1 to P3 students.
How many hours on average can a pharmacy student dedicate toward working to pay bills? How is the Las Vegas/Henderson job market for young inexperienced student jobs?