About the ads

Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by Golden Bear, Sep 1, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. patela814

patela814

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    How can you not know your pre-req gpa? It is required on the application. Are you as stupid as jewunit? Please say you're not, because I don't want to see you next year.
  2. ugotjewd

ugotjewd

Take pictures stealthily? You sound creepy. BTW, can you send me your picture so I know to avoid you in the restroom.
  3. patela814

patela814

At least it wasn't an 11%!!! Jewunit gives us all hope!!!
  4. JEW UNIT

JEW UNIT

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Because I came to the PCAT drunk and didn't bother to study? lol...It was during the phase where I was switching out of pharmacy and going into dental. Plus I only took it once to feel it out before I taking it again.

Just because I didn't do well on some test, doesn't mean I'm stupid...Have you taken a test from this school yet? Team points save your ass...Getting 90% is not easy...Plus out of 5 test so far, I needed team points for 2 of them.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  5. keefis

keefis

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Wow, very mature. With your attitude you definitely don't need to worry about seeing me next year. The application does not ask you to calculate your pre requisite gpa. It only asks you to calculate the gpa from your transcripts. Your ignorance is outstanding.
  6. patela814

patela814

I am very happy that you won't be coming next year!!! People like you and jew unit don't belong in pharmacy. You guys are a waste of oxygen.
  7. patela814

patela814

So, you couldn't make it into dental, huh??? You couldn't beat 11% on the DAT's??? Maybe you should drink some more before taking it.
  8. JEW UNIT

JEW UNIT

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I didn't even take the DAT. :|....Where in my comment, did I say I took the DAT? Plus, they don't have percentages, they have RAW scores.
  9. keefis

keefis

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  10. JEW UNIT

JEW UNIT

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  11. patela814

patela814

Maybe you could get an 11 then on the DAT's. Secondly, my cousin went to this school and had no problems passing at all. You must be a genius!!!
  12. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Go troll somewhere else. I wouldn't bother applying if you keep that attitude up because you won't get in.
  13. JEW UNIT

JEW UNIT

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Agreed. There is no point in an argument or any of your insults.
  14. Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Pharmacy Student
    Kappa Psi SDN 2+ Year Member
    I knew I should have elaborated....

People aren't gonna want strangers going around the waiting area with a camera and just taking pictures. But after a few weeks or so of meeting people during your first year, I think you'd be interested to know if you interviewed on the same day as them. But nobody has pictures during interview days, so it's not really possible to know.
  15. stoichiometrist

stoichiometrist

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just got my interview invite! I think it's about time they saw my September PCAT score.
  16. Dtviet27

Dtviet27 BS, MP(ASCP), CLSp(MB)

Pharmacy Student
    Hi, for all who was interviewed yesterday, how do feel the interview went and have you heard from the school yet? Good luck to all!
  17. Dtviet27

Pharmacy Student
    Hey Shanny, it was nice meeting you and the folks yesterday at the interview. Remember me? I sat next to you at the student common. How did your interview went? Mine was ok, but the professor didn't come in till like 20 minutes into the interview with the student. She was kind of rushed through her questions but they were't too hard. Well, hope everyone did well and i guess now we're playing the waiting game :)
  18. LM2

LM2

Pre-Pharmacy
    I know they say they give extra preference to Utah and Nevada residents but does anyone know how much it actually helps to live in either state?
  19. Stilltrying1288

Stilltrying1288

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I think it went pretty well, don't think anybody will hear anything for a week or two.
  20. JEW UNIT

JEW UNIT

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    They grade on a point system. Residents of Utah and Nevada gets 1 point extra to their total score. Not really a big deal.
  21. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    How many points do bachelors get?
  22. stoichiometrist

stoichiometrist

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Is there a way we can get a schedule of the breakdown of points that are allocated?
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  23. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    No, not even the people conducting the interviews know what the point breakdown is.
  24. thesituation559

thesituation559 Ready for whatever

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I have heard the majority of the points come from the interview. I'm not 100 % so if anyone knows different let us know.
  25. hoover907

hoover907

Pre-Pharmacy
    Anyone know how many people they accept the first round?
  26. JEW UNIT

JEW UNIT

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    From what I heard, Dr. DeYoung get's half the seats filled by the end of all interviews (I don't know the exact number for each interview week). But he does that to be fair to everybody at all interview dates.
  27. thesituation559

thesituation559 Ready for whatever

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I interview January 24th. I hope too many spots aren't taken up before then.
  28. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    January is still relatively early for an interview. You should be fine.
  29. shannyanny

shannyanny

Pre-Pharmacy
    There were so many nice people there in Henderson Monday! I think were all nervous... except for the tall Bball guy who already got accepted to AZ- he just made me laugh he seemed so relaxed. Fun stuff, hope we get in!
  30. Trankuil

Trankuil GO UTES!

Pharmacist
    NCPA SDN 2+ Year Member

Im a p2 at Roseman, i roam these forums from time to time. Using team points does not in the slightest mean you didnt study or are stupid. Im clarifying that for everyone. And Unit, just wait for the p2 year tests :) You still have a few doozies in p1 to take since your only in biochem now. Good luck though, let me know if you need anything.

And if anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me. Im not gonna be a downer, but i wont sugar coat anything. There are always goods and bads with any program and there is no difference here.
  31. keefis

keefis

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Pong Champ, are you at the henderson campus??
  32. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    No, I'm at So.Jo.
  33. keefis

keefis

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Okay, I thought your username came up in a conversation I had with a P1 student but I am mistaken. Do you know if the So.jo. campus has the same layout as henderson?
  34. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    The layout is the same as far as classroom setup goes. The Henderson campus is a little bigger though as their pharmacy class is around 150 while the South Jordan classes are around 100.
  35. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I just mailed in my app today! Am I suppose to receive confirmation they received it? How long does that take? My mail should get there saturday.
  36. keefis

keefis

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    They will send you an email confirming the receipt of your application. The email I got did not say whether it was complete or not and I knew I was missing a transcript. When I turned my app in I hand delivered it to the henderson campus and I got a confirmation email within ten minutes of walking out the door. I am guessing you should hear something Monday.
  37. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    You handed it in? :oops: Nice. What's the email titled, so I can find it through my spam/inbox!
  38. keefis

keefis

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I think it is just the school name.
  39. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    So, what campus fills up faster? henderson or south jordan?
  40. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Henderson fills up first.
  41. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    So it is better to apply earlier!
  42. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    As long as you apply by the deadline you have a chance of getting in. They won't fill all the seats until ask the interviews have finished. If you get called early you will get to choose which campus you want to attend. The Henderson campus is the more popular choice.
  43. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I'm just hoping for an interview..which I'll be lucky..since im at bare minimum 2.800. I hope to be the first 2.800 that gets accepted.
  44. Dtviet27

Pharmacy Student
    Hi Pong Champ, I see that you're attending SJ campus. I'm looking forward to attending there too as my wife can work at the ARUP laboratory. I see that your screen name tells much about your hobby. I played quite a bit of table tennis back in undergraduate, too, but those were the old days. My skill isn't the same anymore with work and school to think about. During the interview visit at Henderson campus I saw that they have two tables there (what about SJ, anyone else play?). Back to the more important, how soon after the first batch of interview (Nov. 7) will we hear from Dr. DeYoung? I think the waiting game is beginning to be a bit of a nerve itching for all of us. Thanks for all of your post. They're quite informative!
  45. Dtviet27

Pharmacy Student
    Hi Trankuil,

Appreciate your post and thanks for not "sugar coat anything". Since you're a p2 student (and congratulation for making this far), many of us would love to get our facts straight in term of what they're looking in qualifying applicants. Of course, numbers have to be good, but what do you think are the border lines?

Thanks for any opinion.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  46. Ayuka001

Ayuka001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    how did u do on the pcat?
  47. 88888888

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    88 comp
    91 bio,93 chem, 97 math, 25..reading
  48. criszhang

criszhang

Pre-Pharmacy
    can anyone tell me if i have a C in organic chemistry 2? will it lower my chance to get in to Roseman, i haven't take pcat yet, plan to apply for 2013. maintained overall gpa 3.74 with my organic Chemistry 2. thanks a bunch
  49. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yes, ping ping is very popular here at the South Jordan campus. We have two tables and between the two pharmacy classes, nursing and dental students, it's rare to see them not occupied. It's one of the few things we can do at school to relax and take a break from everything.

How soon you hear back from the admissions department varies. I have heard of students who heard within a week and others who had the early interview date and didn't hear back until the following April. I couldn't imagine having to wait 5 months to hear back from them.

From what I understand, having talked to Dr. DeYoung, after each interview session he is allowed to accept a handful (sorry, I don't know the exact number) of candidates based on their overall score starting at the top of the list and working down. After each subsequent interview session the list is reorganized and again, he'll call the top few candidates and offer them a spot. Only about half of the spots will be filled by the time all the interviews conclude so even if you have the last interview date, you still have a good chance of getting in.

The waiting game is in fact a horrible time for everyone involved. Hang in there everyone. Good luck to all.
  50. Pong Champ

Pong Champ

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I don't think having a C in O-chem II will hurt your chances of getting in, especially if you have a 3.74 overall GPA. If you do well on the PCAT and the other areas of your application are strong then you have a very good chance of getting an interview. Good luck.