2018 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Applying 2014 Cycle, Entering 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Filipino95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings! I haven't seen a thread for those applying to Roseman University's pharmacy program this 2014-2015 cycle, so here it is! Last year's thread looks like it had a lot of useful information, so let's hope this is just as constructive. Ask each other questions, share information, and so on for everyone to see and learn from.

Good luck to all, Class of 2018 hopefuls!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I'm currently working on the application for Roseman right now because I'm planning on applying for Early Decision... :) I just requested my schools for official transcripts. I'm super anxious! Is anyone else applying for Early Decision?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes that last year's thread was amazing! I practically read every post, was very informative and I learned a lot too. Looking to get in in 2015 also but, need to take my PCAT still. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I'm currently working on the application for Roseman right now because I'm planning on applying for Early Decision... :) I just requested my schools for official transcripts. I'm super anxious! Is anyone else applying for Early Decision?

Hey, I was going to apply early decision here, but then I saw that you need 90% or above on every exam.
Just wondering, do you think that would be realistic, because I am just thinking that in my prerequisite classes I did not get 90% or above in every exam and I feel as though those classes are much easier compared to pharmacy classes. What do you think?

Hey there. I'm planning on applying for Early Decision as well.

Do any of you know how to fill out the prerequisite coursework evaluation in the supplement application if you went to a university on a quarter system? I know some of us took three quarters of general chemistry and organic chemistry rather than taking two semesters of each of them...

Do any of you know how to fill out the prerequisite coursework evaluation in the supplement application if you went to a university on a quarter system? I know some of us took three quarters of general chemistry and organic chemistry rather than taking two semesters of each of them...

I did my undergrad at the University of Oregon that is on the quarter system, but also took a few semester long prereqs elsewhere. I completed the supplemental prereq form, but also sent my transcripts to dr deyoung for a transcript evaluation to verify my work. As long as you meet the semester or quarter hours you will be fine.

submitted mine as well, but for regular admisison

I did my undergrad at the University of Oregon that is on the quarter system, but also took a few semester long prereqs elsewhere. I completed the supplemental prereq form, but also sent my transcripts to dr deyoung for a transcript evaluation to verify my work. As long as you meet the semester or quarter hours you will be fine.

thanks batteen1. Are you applying for regular admission or early decision

I actually applied last year and was accepted in February.

I actually applied last year and was accepted in February.

Awesome! How do you like the program so far??

Also... were your answers for the supplemental application long or short? Do you think length on the answers for these questions matter? I feel like my answers are enough (because I'm trying not to make it look like it's fluffed up), but when I copy & paste them on the application, they look fairly short :(

Last edited:
I've started to fill out my supplemental application and came across the section where it mentions the intern pharmacist license. Is that an application through the BOP or do we just directly contact them and ask if we're eligible? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! How do you like the program so far??

Also... were your answers for the supplemental application long or short? Do you think length on the answers for these questions matter? I feel like my answers are enough (because I'm trying not to make it look like it's fluffed up), but when I copy & paste them on the application, they look fairly short :(

I think my answers to the supplemental covered 75% of the space provided (2-3 paragraphs each). Not sure if that mattered or not.

I've started to fill out my supplemental application and came across the section where it mentions the intern pharmacist license. Is that an application through the BOP or do we just directly contact them and ask if we're eligible? :)

I would recommend getting your intern license early as soon as you can. You have to apply with the state you want to intern in, but have to be accepted into the program first. There is a section on the intern application that needs to be completed by Roseman to verify your acceptance and would make you eligible to get the license.

Is this anyone's first choice school? This is the only school I want to attend. I am applying to other schools so as not to be left without options, but I really want to attend Roseman. Here are my stats: 10 years pharmacy experience. 3.5 gpa. 3.2 science and math gpa. 76 PCAT comopsite. Good Luck everyone, hope to see you next year!

what page is that? I have my pharmacy technician license but I dont see anywhere on the application where it asks for its eligibility.

Hi everyone :hello:! I just sent my supplemental today...still reviewing my PharmCAS at the moment but probably will submit tomorrow. I requested my transcripts but I haven't take the PCAT yet so i don't think i am eligible for early decision. Anyone applying with no PCAT yet?

I would recommend getting your intern license early as soon as you can. You have to apply with the state you want to intern in, but have to be accepted into the program first. There is a section on the intern application that needs to be completed by Roseman to verify your acceptance and would make you eligible to get the license.
Thanks ! That makes a lot of sense

what page is that? I have my pharmacy technician license but I dont see anywhere on the application where it asks for its eligibility.

The middle of page three. I must've misread it, but you only need to initial if you said yes to the questions on the background check, so @batteen1 's advice is the answer to both our questions n_n

Anyone taking the PCAT in Nov? I'm just now starting to review using the Kaplan 14-15 book (it comes with 2 full length mock tests), but I feel like I need more practice questions--especially for the core subjects like math and chem. Suggestions on other books/materials for more questions ? :3

Anyone taking the PCAT in Nov? I'm just now starting to review using the Kaplan 14-15 book (it comes with 2 full length mock tests), but I feel like I need more practice questions--especially for the core subjects like math and chem. Suggestions on other books/materials for more questions ? :3
I'm using Collins materials and purchased the Pearson tests. I'm taking the PCAT in september and I just started studying :( i'm so nervous.

I'm shooting for the November also but the only study materials I have is the Kaplan 12-13 book, yikes! I hear the Kaplan material is good for Bio while the Chem is good in Collins. Get Dr. Collins, the PCAT Destroyer and the three Pearson Practice Tests, all of which I plan on acquiring. May seem like much but too much info isn't a bad thing in this case. I may not have the best GPA but I can sure make up for that by killing the PCAT!

Anyone interested in selling me their Dr. Collins with the 2014 updates and/or PCAT Destroyer? Please let me know, and keep price (low) in mind because I just bought my school books for this upcoming semester lol.

I'm using Collins materials and purchased the Pearson tests. I'm taking the PCAT in september and I just started studying :( i'm so nervous.

Wow! That is a little more than 2 wks from now. Ever considered postponing to a later date if possible? But hey, as long as you stay committed to studying (like every day) you should be fine. Good luck and here's hoping you pass. Keep us posted

Quick question: In the PharmCAS app, how important is it to complete the section labeled "Additional Information."? I understand it's not required but the Roseman Supplemental App already asks this. What are your thoughts?

Just submitted my pharmcas for ED. Mailing out my supplemental tomorrow. Sooo nervous and excited! Now comes the waiting, but hopefully I'll know one way or another by October 24th!

Sending my supplement tomorrow!! Btw has anyone been to Roseman university campus in Utah? What's it like over there and how is the diversity? My number one choice was Henderson but after visiting Henderson campus, I don't think I can survive another day of heat!

OMG good luck ! :) I originally scheduled my test for September too, but decided on doing the later one in Nov bec I feel like I'm still super rusty--I def need to review my math because I took calculus around a year ago D:

I'm shooting for the November also but the only study materials I have is the Kaplan 12-13 book, yikes! I hear the Kaplan material is good for Bio while the Chem is good in Collins. Get Dr. Collins, the PCAT Destroyer and the three Pearson Practice Tests, all of which I plan on acquiring. May seem like much but too much info isn't a bad thing in this case. I may not have the best GPA but I can sure make up for that by killing the PCAT!

Thanks, I'll look into those too! I'm also thinking of getting the Barron's book, my friend is applying this year too and said that the book has around 100 q's for each section and in-test taking tips :) Time to raid Barnes & Noble today lol

Man, I'm just super nervous because this is it you guys--starting our pharm applications, pcat, etc.. It feels so surreal. Good luck to all of us !

Anyone interested in selling me their Dr. Collins with the 2014 updates and/or PCAT Destroyer? Please let me know, and keep price (low) in mind because I just bought my school books for this upcoming semester lol.

Wow! That is a little more than 2 wks from now. Ever considered postponing to a later date if possible? But hey, as long as you stay committed to studying (like every day) you should be fine. Good luck and here's hoping you pass. Keep us posted
Omg!! I know im running out of time. I studied verbal and almost through with biol. Still have chem and reading and quan on the way but i'm not focusing on reading. I'm studying the WHOLE WEEK next week lol. I really hope i can make it... Idk if i shud move my test back or not...

Thanks, I'll look into those too! I'm also thinking of getting the Barron's book, my friend is applying this year too and said that the book has around 100 q's for each section and in-test taking tips :) Time to raid Barnes & Noble today lol

I was at B&N last week and they practically had nothing, the only item on the shelf was the Kaplan 14-15 Guide. Good luck.

Does ED acceptance process require an interview? I see decisions are made by October 24th, but interviews don't start until November. Kinda confused...

Edit: Nevermind. It says ED interviews are held in October on their website

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I am applying for EDP 2015 cycle and already completed PharmCAS and supplemental applications The thing now am concerned about is THE INTERVIEW. Anyone have any ides about what to expect on the day of interview, what kinda questions would be there and how to prepare for interview?

Hello everyone. I am applying for EDP 2015 cycle and already completed PharmCAS and supplemental applications The thing now am concerned about is THE INTERVIEW. Anyone have any ides about what to expect on the day of interview, what kinda questions would be there and how to prepare for interview?
From what I read on last year's cycle, the first part is campus tour, then interview with one faculty and a P1, then Q&A with a group of P1's. Not sure what comes after, but I heard the whole process will be around 5 hours. Hopefully a current Roseman student will see your question to correct/add to my reply lol

when will they send interview invitations for early decision applicants?

Did you receive an email from roseman when they received your supplemental?

yea, it took me a day for them to receive mine

Nice. Where do you live? I mailed mine Sunday. I am neurotic with all this waiting. I should have taken it to usps and gotten tracking. I submitted my pharmcas on Saturday but they have yet to receive transcripts from one of my schools, so I am checking on the status of that like every 5 seconds also. Pharmcas has to calculate the GPA before they send the app to Roseman right? Do you know if they deliver everything to Roseman via mail or electronically? Also do you know if Roseman waits until the September 2nd deadline to begin inviting applicants to interview?

I'm from California. How about you? If it helps, it took Pharmcas three days to calculate my gpa and it took about a week for them to receive my official transcript. and yes, pharmcas has to calculate the gpa before they send the app but Pharmcas sent my application on the same day they finished calculating my gpa. I think you should be fine. Also, I don't know if roseman waits until the september 2nd deadline to begin inviting applicants to interview. I'm trying to find that out as well.

Edit: I believe PharmCAS delivers everything via electronically

I'm from California. How about you? If it helps, it took Pharmcas three days to calculate my gpa and it took about a week for them to receive my official transcript. and yes, pharmcas has to calculate the gpa before they send the app but Pharmcas sent my application on the same day they finished calculating my gpa. I think you should be fine. Also, I don't know if roseman waits until the september 2nd deadline to begin inviting applicants to interview. I'm trying to find that out as well.

Edit: I believe PharmCAS delivers everything via electronically

I am also from California. I live in San Diego. I expect my transcript will arrive tomorrow or Friday. I am not a good waiter. Thank god for the EDP, I'd go bonkers waiting 6-9 months! Where in California are you from? Are you looking at you UT or NV?

I am also from California. I live in San Diego. I expect my transcript will arrive tomorrow or Friday. I am not a good waiter. Thank god for the EDP, I'd go bonkers waiting 6-9 months! Where in California are you from? Are you looking at you UT or NV?
I am from Los Angeles. Same here! I'm so glad that this program offers EDP haha. I am leaning towards Nevada. Which campus do you want to go to? Do you know anything about south jordan campus?

Last edited:
South Jordan looks beautiful but it gets cold! I've had my heart set on Henderson for 2 years now. I love the hot weather!

Anyone have any contact with P1 or P2 students of Roseman so that we all can have some idea about interview process and questions..

Just got confirmation that roseman received my supplemental, but it seems like they assumed regular application process, not EDP. The only way to indicate participation in EDP was through pharmcas, right? They haven't received my pharmcas app yet, so then that would make sense.

Just got confirmation that roseman received my supplemental, but it seems like they assumed regular application process, not EDP. The only way to indicate participation in EDP was through pharmcas, right? They haven't received my pharmcas app yet, so then that would make sense.
Have you got any confirmation of application verification from PharmCAS? once you would get that your application is ready to review for your designated college.

If we get admitted, will federal loan cover all the tuition and living expenses? Just debating that tuition alone would cost 52k/year which is kinda scary with all the interest being compounded over the years.

Have you got any confirmation of application verification from PharmCAS? once you would get that your application is ready to review for your designated college.

No. I know pharmcas is still waiting on an in-transit transcript that is taking forever to travel across country and I am getting super nervous I will miss EDP deadline.

I just wondered if the sole indicator to roseman of an EDP application versus regular application was the question on the pharmcas app..

No. I know pharmcas is still waiting on an in-transit transcript that is taking forever to travel across country and I am getting super nervous I will miss EDP deadline.

I just wondered if the sole indicator to roseman of an EDP application versus regular application was the question on the pharmcas app..
You sending your transcript through WES? Well the deadline is 2nd Sep so hope everything goes well..!! Good luck

You sending your transcript through WES? Well the deadline is 2nd Sep so hope everything goes well..!! Good luck

Nah. Just clear across California to Massachusetts good ole USPS. Thanks, me too! Better stop worry about it. Out of my control

I am planning to take PCAT again. Need some suggestion for Biology and Analogy material?

I am planning to take PCAT again. Need some suggestion for Biology and Analogy material?
How did you do the first time? I'm using Collins material and Pearson tests right now. The biol section of the kaplan book is really detailed if that's what u r looking for.

How did you do the first time? I'm using Collins material and Pearson tests right now. The biol section of the kaplan book is really detailed if that's what u r looking for.
Well last time score kinda fluctuating for chemistry it was 98 but for biology and quantitative it was like avg 45. I am using same materials collins and kaplan. But kaplan biology not good enough for me may be.!!