2018 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Applying 2014 Cycle, Entering 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I'd rather be in admitted to a pharmacy school rather than be on a wait list. The only difference between VEGAS and SoJo is 6 hours.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Ya.. Has anyone checked with dr park if its possible to still remain on waiting list if we accept the seat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I'm a P3 from the Utah campus, I just wanted to endorse it as a really good place to be if you don't necessarily mind the cold winters in Utah. I'm actually a Las Vegas resident and was given the option for either but chose the SJ campus because I wanted a change in scenery and I definitely think I made the correct choice.
I was just wondering if you can recommend places to live or how to find roommates..

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! If you guys or if you know anyone that is selling the Dr. Collins study guide for sale can you plz inbox me? Thank you so much!

Hi guys, so I've just committed to the Utah campus and will be looking for a roommate as well! I prefer female (I'm female also) who doesn't smoke nor party. So if you or anyone you know is interested, please contact me! I'm willing to travel to South Jordan to look at prospective apartments also :)
my email: [email protected]
Do u have fb?

Yes! you can find me under Lisa L. Nguyen (orange, CA)

Hi there! I'm also most likely going to south Jordan and will need a roommate as well. My name is Cheyenne Santee if you'd like to connect on Facebook so we can discuss any options!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there! I'm also most likely going to south Jordan and will need a roommate as well. My name is Cheyenne Santee if you'd like to connect on Facebook so we can discuss any options!
Did u accept south jordan? Or still waiting on henderson too?

Anyone at Henderson campus that is also looking for a roommate? I prefer female!

I am looking for a place too, at SJ campus.
I'm trying to get a house if anyone is interested. I'm taking a trip down the second weekend if April as I live in Lake Tahoe but I am hoping to move June 1st because I was accepted to he MBA program

You can find me on Facebook under Demi Cole. I already have one roomate, she will be attending The U for school, but I'm trying to find one more so we can get a house. My email is [email protected]

I'm trying to get a house if anyone is interested. I'm taking a trip down the second weekend if April as I live in Lake Tahoe but I am hoping to move June 1st because I was accepted to he MBA program
Im thinking about MBA too..... what are the advantages?

Anyone at Henderson campus that is also looking for a roommate? I prefer female!
You are from LA right? Are you doing the MBA program? I MAY need a roommate depending on my moving situation. Pm me!

I think it's really odd that they are conducting another interview block when the Henderson campus is already "full"....this is per Dawn, I just spoke with her earlier today. This means any one accepted after this will either have to opt for SoJo or be put on the Henderson wait list...which is already super long.

Just emailed Dr. Park for my rank on the waitlist at Henderson and she said that the ranks won't be available for another two weeks. Good luck to those waiting as well!

I think it's really odd that they are conducting another interview block when the Henderson campus is already "full"....this is per Dawn, I just spoke with her earlier today. This means any one accepted after this will either have to opt for SoJo or be put on the Henderson wait list...which is already super long.

How do YOU know the wait list is "super long" in Henderson?

uh...because she told me so?
That's odd. My friend who was recently accepted to the Roseman received an email from Dr. Park just days ago stating that they have still yet to determine how long the waitlist is at this point.

As someone else has already stated, the rankings for the Henderson wait list won't be posted for couple of weeks so people shouldn't be discouraged about their chances of getting into the campus.

Last edited:
That's odd. My friend who was recently accepted to the Roseman received an email from Dr. Park just days ago stating that they have still yet to determine how long the waitlist is at this point.

As someone else has already stated, the rankings for the Henderson wait list won't be posted for couple of weeks so people shouldn't be discouraged about their chances of getting into the campus.

As someone else has already stated, the rankings for the Henderson wait list won't be posted for couple of weeks so people shouldn't be discouraged about their chances of getting into the campus.[/QUO

Last edited:
I'm not trying to discourage anyone accepting a spot on the wait list...DON"T get it twisted. I simply stated an opinion about why the school is conducting more interviews. I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty details of my convo with Dawn...BUT I was told there IS a LONG list already. That was MY convo with her...and I will leave it at that. Dueces
Nobody is questioning your motives. However, making statements like that will undoubtedly raise concern for others so there's no need to be so defensive if someone asks for further details. It's a fair question.

That's fair. However, making statements like that will undoubtedly raise concern for others so there's no need to be so defensive if someone asks for further details. It's a fair question.

Hey guys I'm a P3 from the Utah campus, I just wanted to endorse it as a really good place to be if you don't necessarily mind the cold winters in Utah. I'm actually a Las Vegas resident and was given the option for either but chose the SJ campus because I wanted a change in scenery and I definitely think I made the correct choice.

Hello, I think i am in the same boat as a lot of the students here who are accepted into SoJo but are waitlisted to Henderson. Im planning to visit SoJo in the next few weeks to check out the campus and community. Any suggestions on places to live? Apt complexes? Area's that most students live? Also do I need to schedule a tour of the campus ahead of time or can I just drop by? Thanks for the help.

I narrowed down apartments to The Crossing at Daybreak and Sterling Village. Back in the day--and by that I mean 3 years ago--I was able to get a pretty sweet deal at Crossing so I chose them because they are way newer and in a great area. Sterling Village is really really close to the school though (like 5 minute drive) so that has its advantages. There also may be people in the area renting out rooms/houses nearby too so may want to check KSL.com for that (Utah's Craig's List basically.) In terms of seeing the campus I'm not sure, by the time I went to Utah for P1 I had done some MBA in Henderson so I already had a badge and could wander around. Please let me know if you have other questions or need more info. ^^
How much are you paying if u dont mind sharing??

Curiosity question for those of you accepted. Do you plan on working very much while attending Roseman?

Im thinking about MBA too..... what are the advantages?
Honestly for me the price is one thing. Also it will differentiate you from other PharmD candidates when competing for future jobs.

Reactions: 1 users
Curiosity question for those of you accepted. Do you plan on working very much while attending Roseman?
Once school starts I'll be transitioning from my full time tech position to intern, which will be approx 16-2o hours per pay period (partime/perdiem status).

Just found out I matched for residency today, I think having those three letters under my name helped make the difference in getting that interview in the first place, so definitely worth for me lol.

Congrats!!

I've worked all three years while in school. Hours have ranged anywhere from 18-40 hours per week. Not terribly difficult to do, just tiring.

Thanks! I remember when I applied a lot of people were saying that Roseman was a weak school for residency-bound students but our class did really well this year so if any of y'all are interested in that path then know that we're making names for ourselves out there. :)

May I PM you about residency programs?

Do you have to wait until classes start to work as an intern or can I just get my license now and start working ?

Do you have to wait until classes start to work as an intern or can I just get my license now and start working ?
You have to be enrolled, not simply accepted. So yes, you need to wait until classes start

Anyone know how the rankings in the Roseman waitling list work? Is it by how fast you replied to the email and got a spot on the waiting list or is it by your stats (GPA, Pcat, etc)?

Anyone know how the rankings in the Roseman waitling list work? Is it by how fast you replied to the email and got a spot on the waiting list or is it by your stats (GPA, Pcat, etc)?
It's by your stats I believe. A current student told me that everyone that gets interviewed gets a score based on your GPA, pcat, and your interview had the most weight. Then they rank you based on that score

Also, is there a group for the Roseman South Jordan?
I really want to go to Henderson, but SJ is becoming an option now...
Please lmk!

For any current P1 in the MBA program: will we recieve the computer at the start of the MBA program or at the start of the PharmD program

Also with the MBA Program, are pharm D students in class with just other pharm D students or with the rest of the other regular MBA only students as well? I guess what Im getting at is what are general class size for the MBA program?

I wanted to do the MBA program, but I am taking Calculus in the summer so I won't be able to do it. Do you guys know if I am able to start my MBA the following summer and just be a summer behind?
I am sending an email to Roseman, but I was just wondering if anyone was in the same situation.
Thanks!

I had actually asked about starting next summer, but due to a different situation... I'm due to have my second child this July. ;) Mrs. Delores from the MBA program said yes and you would apply pre-P2 year. :)

I wanted to do the MBA program, but I am taking Calculus in the summer so I won't be able to do it. Do you guys know if I am able to start my MBA the following summer and just be a summer behind?
I am sending an email to Roseman, but I was just wondering if anyone was in the same situation.
Thanks!

I had actually asked about starting next summer, but due to a different situation... I'm due to have my second child this July. ;) Mrs. Delores from the MBA program said yes and you would apply pre-P2 year. :)

congratulations to you!!! :happy: and that't great to hear, I thought I was going to miss out on getting my MBA! thank you!!!