Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I had my interview on Feb. 25th in Henderson. I just got the call from Dr. Park a few minutes ago. I'M IN!!!! Good luck to everyone interviewing soon. Just remember to do your best in communicating, be confident, and relax. I hope to see you all in August! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I had my interview on Feb. 25th in Henderson. I just got the call from Dr. Park a few minutes ago. I'M IN!!!! Good luck to everyone interviewing soon. Just remember to do your best in communicating, be confident, and relax. I hope to see you all in August! :)
That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!! I'm still waiting for my call! :( I had an interview on March 6th in South Jordan - I don't know if I'm freaking out a bit too early since it was only a week ago, but from the other comments it seemed that they do call back some people within a week. Which campus did you choose?

That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!! I'm still waiting for my call! :( I had an interview on March 6th in South Jordan - I don't know if I'm freaking out a bit too early since it was only a week ago, but from the other comments it seemed that they do call back some people within a week. Which campus did you choose?

Thank you! I chose Henderson, NV. Love that it's 10 min from Vegas ;) and I'm a Cali girl :) I definitely wouldn't freak out. I had my interview on the 25th of February and I only got the call today. Dr. Park said she was out of the office and apologized for the delay. Maybe it is the same case for the South Jordan campus :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I chose Henderson, NV. Love that it's 10 min from Vegas ;) and I'm a Cali girl :) I definitely wouldn't freak out. I had my interview on the 25th of February and I only got the call today. Dr. Park said she was out of the office and apologized for the delay. Maybe it is the same case for the South Jordan campus :)
Oh nice!! It seems that everyone who has been accepted on this forum has chose the Henderson campus. I really hope that I get a call soon - This was my worst interview so I'm kind of expecting the worst :dead: lol - but congrats again!!!

Those who received interviews with low pcat score- what was your score if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks

I'm staying at Homes2Suites by Hilton the night before (19th) and flying out right after the interview [hopefully I don't miss my 8:20 flight out!] It's like a 10 minute walk from campus so that'll be pretty nice.

I'm really glad to see some people are attending Utah interview session! Most of the talk around here has been about Henderson and I was starting to feel out of the loop haha.

Where is everyone else staying? Does anyone know the best way from the airport to the hotels roundtrip? I hear the "super shuttle" services (or an equivalent to that) is the cheapest and most effective.

Best of luck to everyone!

I am also leaving from Cali on 19th staying at sleep in! I think the flight leaves at 825p.. The tickets were so expensive! But it will be so worth it if we get in.

Oh nice!! It seems that everyone who has been accepted on this forum has chose the Henderson campus. I really hope that I get a call soon - This was my worst interview so I'm kind of expecting the worst :dead: lol - but congrats again!!!
Who did u interview with? Which campus?

Everyone who interviewed at the Utah campus who did u interview with and how was ur interview?? Congrats to everyone who got in so far!!!

Who did u interview with? Which campus?
I interviewed with Dr Katherine Smith in the South Jordan campus - she was really nice but I think I was too nervous when responding to the questions so I didn't really give the best responses

I interviewed that day too but no call for me :( If you dont mind, would you share your stats?

Since I got accepted to henderson, I gotta take ochem2 over 8 week summer right before starting super stressed about it. :(

Since I got accepted to henderson, I gotta take ochem2 over 8 week summer right before starting super stressed about it. :(
When did you interview? Btw, at UNLV its 4 weeks and at CSN its 10 weeks for CHEM 242

is there any body got accepted with a low pcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview? Btw, at UNLV its 4 weeks and at CSN its 10 weeks for CHEM 242

I interviewed feb 11. I'm taking it at CSN. Still super nervous. The class is out of 1000 points tho, so that's good I guess.

Would you mind sharing your score?

Lol not even worth sharing. It's really bad, wayyyyy below 50. To give you an idea, I took it before I had any gen chem, and before I even had precal. Just my math comp was a 1 lmaoooo. You might ask why on earth I would take the pcat barely into prereqs, but I was finding myself worrying more about the pcat then my classes. So I took it just to know what it was like and see what to expect. I was actually registered to take it in July now that I'm just about done with classes, but shockingly got accepted. I believe I was accepted due to high GPA (3.7) and Dr. Park said I interviewed very well. I also think the fact that I have been a tech for 10 years helped to over shadow my pcat score.

did anyone here get in who is still in community college and has not finished all their prereqs?
like only finished 5 out of the 8 classes and is going to finish the rest later

did anyone here get in who is still in community college and has not finished all their prereqs?

Me! I'm currently in ochem1 and taking ochem2 summer. Starts in June ends in July

Lol not even worth sharing. It's really bad, wayyyyy below 50. To give you an idea, I took it before I had any gen chem, and before I even had precal. Just my math comp was a 1 lmaoooo. You might ask why on earth I would take the pcat barely into prereqs, but I was finding myself worrying more about the pcat then my classes. So I took it just to know what it was like and see what to expect. I was actually registered to take it in July now that I'm just about done with classes, but shockingly got accepted. I believe I was accepted due to high GPA (3.7) and Dr. Park said I interviewed very well. I also think the fact that I have been a tech for 10 years helped to over shadow my pcat score.

Thank you for sharing! Do you know what they scored you on the interview by chance? I believe it was out of 10 pts but I am not sure...

Interviewed on Feb 11…accepted March 13 (Henderson Campus). Did the school offer any of you guys scholarships? Other pharmacy schools presented me with a scholarship if I accept. Just wondering if Roseman offers them as well.

Thank you for sharing! Do you know what they scored you on the interview by chance? I believe it was out of 10 pts but I am not sure...

I don't know. She just said I did very well.

Reactions: 1 user
Those who received interviews with low pcat score- what was your score if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks
I know of a few people who have gotten in with PCATS scores under 20. If you got the interview you are halfway there. SELL YOURSELF!!!! Answer the questions as completely as possible. Stay on topic, Have situations that show leadership, team building etc. They understand you are nervous just be you. Thats what they want to see. What can you bring to the program.

I know of a few people who have gotten in with PCATS scores under 20. If you got the interview you are halfway there. SELL YOURSELF!!!! Answer the questions as completely as possible. Stay on topic, Have situations that show leadership, team building etc. They understand you are nervous just be you. Thats what they want to see. What can you bring to the program.

Thank you so much for that comment! I hope to get in! It's my top choice, I've already interviewed but now I am waiting! :(

When did you interview? I'm waiting as well! :(

Nt2130,
I'm sorry! I have not been waiting a long time - less than a week. I interviewed mar 11. I just want to know asap because I am having trouble focusing on anything else!

Nt2130,
I'm sorry! I have not been waiting a long time - less than a week. I interviewed mar 11. I just want to know asap because I am having trouble focusing on anything else!
Same here. I interviewed on March 11th too. I saw an earlier post that they "could" be calling people 2-3 days after and I've been checking my phone constantly. Now that it's the weekend I know I'm not ranked high enough for early acceptance so it's waiting from now till may...

I interviewed march 11th too with DeYoung. Our interview was more of a conversation than a QA session. Maybe that's what made the difference.

I really don't think they put much weight on the pcat.

I interviewed march 11th too with DeYoung. Our interview was more of a conversation than a QA session. Maybe that's what made the difference.
And you heard back already?

I was accepted with a 47 on the pcat so good luck to those with low pcat =)

I was accepted with a 47 on the pcat so good luck to those with low pcat =)
Yeah, I think people are worrying about one part of their application too much. If you got an interview, they were okay with your resume to that point. There have been people accepted with high pcat/low gpa and vice versa. I think the biggest thing for Roseman is their interview evaluation so they can get an idea if they think you will be a good fit through actually talking to you. Also remember that is the time for you to decide if that is a fit for you also! Anyways, I wish the best of luck to everyone!

I think most acceptance calls will be made next Tuesday. I think the PCAT is weighed the least, so don't worry so much about it if you have a low PCAT score and had already interviewed.

Thank you all for the hopeful words! It helps! I'm not concerned about my pcat, more on my interview. I thought I walked about feeling ok, but now thinking back I wish I had said more and hadn't said some things! When I walked out from the interview Dean Stolte said you did great and I replied, well now on to the waiting part. He smiled and said we don't keep you waiting for too long. I thought that was a sign but since I didn't hear back early I dont think so anymore haha. Thanks everyone for the supporting words and goodluck to everyone interviewing on the 25th and to those waiting like myself!

For those who interviewed on March 6, I wonder if any of you guys have heard back from Dr. Park yet. My interview was on March 6 so I'm really nervous.Hope for the best.

For those who interviewed on March 6, I wonder if any of you guys have heard back from Dr. Park yet. My interview was on March 6 so I'm really nervous.Hope for the best.

March 11th. Heard back about 2 weeks later

Do you guys thinks they will email you for interview for everyone who has GPA 2.75 and above?

I had my interview on March 6th as well, but have not heard anything yet :(

Nt2130,
Same here! I also want to know because I have to submit a deposit for another school in about a week and I would really hope to know before then since Roseman is my top choice! :(

Same here. I interviewed on March 11th too. I saw an earlier post that they "could" be calling people 2-3 days after and I've been checking my phone constantly. Now that it's the weekend I know I'm not ranked high enough for early acceptance so it's waiting from now till may...
I think they may call you in about a week or so - I have not seen anyone from March 6th having received a call yet so maybe they're a bit behind

Still wondering if anyone is going to the Henderson campus on the 25th. I booked my hotel at the sunset station and praying I get a good interview in on Tuesday. Everyone's feedback is really helping! Thanks guys

Still wondering if anyone is going to the Henderson campus on the 25th. I booked my hotel at the sunset station and praying I get a good interview in on Tuesday. Everyone's feedback is really helping! Thanks guys
I will be interviewing at Henderson on the 25th and I'm gonna be staying at the station hotel as well! I'm sure there will be plenty of others doing the same. I hope I will do well on the interview too!