Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to invade on your thread. I am planning to apply this summer for 2015, and I just have a quick question. If when I apply I only have a few of the prerequisites completed, will this detract from the quickness or likelihood with which I might receive an invitation to interview. What has been your experience? How much coursework did you have completed when you were invited to interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those that have not been accepted yet. I interviewed on Jan 28th and got my acceptance last Wednesday. You may not hear from them immediately after your interview, but there is hope. Also, when I got the offer, there were still seats left for both Utah and the Nevada campuses.

I decided to attend the Henderson campus. For those I'll be seeing in Henderson, what are you doing for housing? I am looking for a roommate to reduce expenses and it would be nice to have a partner to start the program. Would it be appropriate to post on the Roseman Facebook page?

To those that have not been accepted yet. I interviewed on Jan 28th and got my acceptance last Wednesday. You may not hear from them immediately after your interview, but there is hope. Also, when I got the offer, there were still seats left for both Utah and the Nevada campuses.

I decided to attend the Henderson campus. For those I'll be seeing in Henderson, what are you doing for housing? I am looking for a roommate to reduce expenses and it would be nice to have a partner to start the program. Would it be appropriate to post on the Roseman Facebook page?

Congrats!! Do you mind share your stats?

Sorry to invade on your thread. I am planning to apply this summer for 2015, and I just have a quick question. If when I apply I only have a few of the prerequisites completed, will this detract from the quickness or likelihood with which I might receive an invitation to interview. What has been your experience? How much coursework did you have completed when you were invited to interview?

Hey!! Just so you know you have to have 5 of your 8 pre-req classes completed when you apply!

I was worried about that, but the website actually says by the end of December. So, if I apply this summer, then that is not necessarily true, right? Thanks for your reply.

Hi everybody, I could'nt find any facebook group for class 2017, do we have any or should I make one? ;-) If we have please send me the link?

Hi everybody, I could'nt find any facebook group for class 2017, do we have any or should I make one? ;-) If we have please send me the link?
Yeah, pretty sure there is a Utah one and Henderson one already up, which do you need?

Members don't see this ad :)

I did see people posting on the fb page for a roommate!

I am so anxious every single day. I had interview on March 11 in Henderson Campus. I really hope I can hear from the school soon.
Overall GPA:3.4
Science GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 69
8m volunteering in hospital pharmacy
bachelor obtained
I thought I did pretty well on interview with Dr. DeYoung...unless I overestimated myself on the interview. Keep finger crossed.....I really want to get into Roseman in Henderson!! I hope there are still seats left.......

I am so anxious every single day. I had interview on March 11 in Henderson Campus. I really hope I can hear from the school soon.
bachelor obtained
I thought I did pretty well on interview with Dr. DeYoung...unless I overestimated myself on the interview. Keep finger crossed.....I really want to get into Roseman in Henderson!! I hope there are still seats left.......
Those are decent stats. Keep your hopes up. You could get a call at any time!

lol ill be driving from socal in the morning ha
Hey guys. I just want to ask a question. Have you or did your interview end without the interviewers taking a single not about the things that you said during the interview? They asked me a lot of question and I thought it was a smooth interview, they did not lift a pen to write anything. I get a feeling that the outcome of the interview is not based on how well you answered thier questions but rather, the interviewers make decissions based on how they feel personally with you. Please, someone respond to my post. I do not care what you think or say as l may be wrong

Hey guys. I just want to ask a question. Have you or did your interview end without the interviewers taking a single not about the things that you said during the interview? They asked me a lot of question and I thought it was a smooth interview, they did not lift a pen to write anything. I get a feeling that the outcome of the interview is not based on how well you answered thier questions but rather, the interviewers make decissions based on how they feel personally with you. Please, someone respond to my post. I do not care what you think or say as l may be wrong

I interviewed today and I know that my student interviewer took notes while the faculty walked me back to the commons area. They did not take notes while in the interview but more so focused on how I answered the questions.

Ahh i just got back to oc , drove back right after interview,,,

For me I saw the professor wrote stuff and I saw one score I got 3/4 lol no idea how this work but I am done with interviewwww

Did I meet anyone today Haha

I think every interviewer has his own method, in my interview date they were listening, I did not see when they took notes

I think every interviewer has his own method, in my interview date they were listening, I did not see when they took notes
seems like they were provided with a score sheet... when they fill it out is up to them, some does it as they are asking and some does it after... who knows haha

I interviewed today and I know that my student interviewer took notes while the faculty walked me back to the commons area. They did not take notes while in the interview but more so focused on how I answered the questions.
Oh hi Alyson. This is the guy whom you sat with talking about your interview when he was called for his interview. I don't understand them. They asked me a lot of questions....say four maybe five questions each and I thought my practice was good, yet they did not write a single remark etc that I can see. In my previous interview, I saw a lot of activities. For example, 1 out of 10 where they gave me 9, some 8 and others. Anyway, I just have to keep my fingers cross, with this number of students, they have every reason to refuse anybody. All the best and good luck to you

I interviewed on the 20th at Utah and they got back to me this morning! I'm so happy, what a great way to wake up! I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should attend the Henderson or South Jordan location.. before the interview I was dead set on Nevada, but now I'm not so sure! Utah was absolutely gorgeous and the current P1 students were very friendly. I'm sure it's the same as Nevada but it would have been nice to be able to visit the students and faculty at both locations!

For those of you who have gotten accepted, why did you choose the location you did?

I interviewed on the 20th at Utah and they got back to me this morning! I'm so happy, what a great way to wake up! I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should attend the Henderson or South Jordan location.. before the interview I was dead set on Nevada, but now I'm not so sure! Utah was absolutely gorgeous and the current P1 students were very friendly. I'm sure it's the same as Nevada but it would have been nice to be able to visit the students and faculty at both locations!

For those of you who have gotten accepted, why did you choose the location you did?
Really only because I already live in Northern Utah.

Hey guys. I just want to ask a question. Have you or did your interview end without the interviewers taking a single not about the things that you said during the interview?

You don't have to worry about that, my interviewer also did not write anything down during my interview. I was also worried at first, but after thinking about it, she was probably trying to make me feel more comfortable and was focusing on getting to know me more as a person. Just because your interviewer did not write anything does not mean they were not interested.

Really only because I already live in Northern Utah.
Did you interview at Henderson or the South Jordan campus? I read all the posts before posting on this thread earlier but my memory is escaping me, I think you said Utah?

Does anyone know the Science GPA is calculated from prerequist. courses, or from all science courses taken during school years? I see Pharmcas calculated both, but I am not sure if which one Roseman takes into account.

bachelor obtained

Dont worry, you are not alone! We are both on the same boat! I interviewed on March 11 as well and I am still waiting. I hope that we both will hear from them soon! Until then, just keep yourself busy!

Hi guys, I thought I'd make a post here to ease some of your concerns. I'm a P1 at the Henderson campus and have probably met quite a few of you during your interviews. I just wanted to let you guys know that just because we did not make any notes during your interview it is not a reflection of us checking out and not caring about what you have to say. The reason why we do that (at least why I don't take notes) is because I don't want you guys to have to worry about whether or not I'm giving you an 8 or 9 but for you to just worry about carrying the conversation well and being an effective communicator. After you guys leave the room, we do take the time to assess the interview and grade you. Thus, just breathe.. Know that you've done what you could and best of luck to you all!

Because I live in LV already :) My husband is in the Air Force so we're stationed here at least another two years; if I went to Utah he wouldn't be able to move with me. Plus, I cannot remember the last time I've seen rain here!

I think I got a pretty early call, but I'm in at South Jordan :)) Although I haven't been very active in this thread, I want to thank everyone for all the tips/advice/encouragement!
Definitely wasn't expecting the call considering how much I choked during my interview.

interviewed march 20th @ utah

Got the call a couple hours ago!! I'm in for the South Jordan campus! I was a little worried because my PCAT wasn't great but Dr. Park said my interview was outstanding!!!! So excited!! Oh and my interview was March 20th!

-

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Oh hi Alyson. This is the guy whom you sat with talking about your interview when he was called for his interview. I don't understand them. They asked me a lot of questions....say four maybe five questions each and I thought my practice was good, yet they did not write a single remark etc that I can see. In my previous interview, I saw a lot of activities. For example, 1 out of 10 where they gave me 9, some 8 and others. Anyway, I just have to keep my fingers cross, with this number of students, they have every reason to refuse anybody. All the best and good luck to you

Hello! It was a pleasure meeting you! I wish your the best of luck in your pharmacy pursuit. Yes that large group of prospective students (largest I've ever seen in a interview) was a bit discouraging but I am still hopeful!

Just got the call! I'm overwhelmed with excitement! :) I interviewed on March 11th and picking the Henderson campus!

YAY i just got my call too! I was the last spot for henderson said dr. park.

I just got the call from Dr. Park too!!! =D =D =D I'm so exited to meet you all!!! =D

I brought this up before but it got ignored:

Anyone know how much you are intitled to get reimbursed from your $1000 deposit? Anyone have an idea?

I've been checking past threads but haven't had much luck finding information about this.

I brought this up before but it got ignored:

Anyone know how much you are intitled to get reimbursed from your $1000 deposit? Anyone have an idea?

I've been checking past threads but haven't had much luck finding information about this.
You mean if you decide not to attend afterwards ?