Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Dean could have had his office in South Jordan but choose Henderson, you do the math :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Great now you have me questioning the wisdom of the Dean. ;-)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
The Dean could have had his office in South Jordan but choose Henderson, you do the math :D

I couldn't do Henderson. Knowing me I would be blowing cash on the buffet at Mandalay Bay. Who wouldn't want to have all you can eat crab legs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been to both campuses and honestly ill be happy if I go to either campus.. Most people prefer Henderson cuz it's Vegas.. But Utah is nice too.

Great! We have quite a few students from Las Vegas that picked South Jordan as their first choice just because they wanted to be away from home lol. It'll be a little bit of a change, lol you'll see. If you've seen the Henderson campus and was impressed with it, you'll think our campus is gorgeous! It's exactly like the pictures show with the snow capped mountains. The Dental building is 3 stories or something high and we are next door and our building is 2 stories high. We share our building with the nursing students. Aside from that, I agree being away from the strip will help you focus more and besides it'll make your winter and summer breaks much more enjoyable when you're visiting home. I definitely think coming to Utah regardless if it was your choice or not will be an experience you won't forget. Get ready for the snow! Welcome to SoJo!

Thanks I'm actually getting excited! I'm just curious what's the living situation that most students choose? Are there near by apts for reasonable price?[/QUOTE]

Most of us chose to live alone in apartments. The closest apartments would be Sterling Village and Four Seasons at Southtowne in SoJo. There are other apartments in neighboring cities like Sandy, West Jordan and Draper. Sandy and West Jordan are 10-15 mins away possibly less. The cost of apartments range anywhere from 760-1100.

Thanks I'm actually getting excited! I'm just curious what's the living situation that most students choose? Are there near by apts for reasonable price?

Most of us chose to live alone in apartments. The closest apartments would be Sterling Village and Four Seasons at Southtowne in SoJo. There are other apartments in neighboring cities like Sandy, West Jordan and Draper. Sandy and West Jordan are 10-15 mins away possibly less. The cost of apartments range anywhere from 760-1100.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info !

Does anyone know if going to school out of state require me to switch my drivers license ? And car insurance? ... What if I decide to work in that state will they require me to be a resident first ? ... What about the pharm intern? Will I need to file one for that state? Thanks !

Good luck to all of the applicants! For those of you have been accepted, congratulations. If you will be attenting the Henderson campus, I have a nice, quiet 2 bedrooms and 2 baths condo that is only 2 minutes from Roseman Univ. and 12 minutes away from Touro University. The condo has upgraded amenities including: granite countertops, stainless steel appliances (stove, refrigerator, and microwave,) full-size washers and dryers. The community offers gated-controlled privacy and security 24/7, 2 swimming pools, fitness center, clubhouse, basketball court, and more. Rent will be$ 490.00 for the larger master bedroom which has a walk in closet. The second master bedroom will be $465.00. The place is furnished in the living and dining room (including couches, coffee table, dining table and chairs).

Please message or call/text 503-261-3593 or 714-210-9072 if you’re interested. Thanks.

Does anyone know if going to school out of state require me to switch my drivers license ? And car insurance? ... What if I decide to work in that state will they require me to be a resident first ? ... What about the pharm intern? Will I need to file one for that state? Thanks !
Hello, I'm currently a P1 at the Henderson campus. I'm from CA and kept my drivers license and insurance in CA. Car insurance in LV is expensive. If you can get away with keeping your insurance in your home state I highly recommend it.

As far as intern license you must be licensed in NV. If you choose to pratice out of state, you must apply for an intern license in your desired state. Roseman will elaborate on licensure during orientation.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on the wait-list hear any news???
I contacted dr park and she told me that my waitlist rank remains the same for both campus.. And I was put on the waitlist like a month ago or so. I really do wonder if the waitlist is actually moving or not...

I contacted dr park and she told me that my waitlist rank remains the same for both campus.. And I was put on the waitlist like a month ago or so. I really do wonder if the waitlist is actually moving or not...
Same here, I also emailed her and my ranking hadn't changed either. I believe they pick a certain day/time and do an overall review on how many seats are ACTUALLY taken(deposit received) and how many are not and then start calling people off the waitlist.

Same here, I also emailed her and my ranking hadn't changed either. I believe they pick a certain day/time and do an overall review on how many seats are ACTUALLY taken(deposit received) and how many are not and then start calling people off the waitlist.

I hope the list will start moving soon! I don't think I have a good chance with the Henderson campus but maybe for south jordan

Does anyone know the exact date pharmacy school starts this fall? As in the first day we will actually have to be present in Utah or Nevada?

-

Last edited:
Does anyone know the exact date pharmacy school starts this fall? As in the first day we will actually have to be present in Utah or Nevada?
Orientation is 8/26-8/28. School starts 9/2.

if you don't mind me asking, what is your ranking?

Is anyone on the waiting list for Henderson right now?

Waiting list should start moving soon. I am accepted for the Henderson campus and have paid my deposit, but will most likely be pulling my acceptance.

Waiting list should start moving soon. I am accepted for the Henderson campus and have paid my deposit, but will most likely be pulling my acceptance.
Congrats! That is awesome news.

What number were you on the waitlist when you were first put on it?

Congrats! That is awesome news.

What number were you on the waitlist when you were first put on it?

I wasn't on the wait list. I'm saying I was someone accepted that will most likely pull my acceptance, so they should start taking ppl from the wait list to fill my spot

I am also withdrawing my acceptance from the Henderson campus. The three-year program sounds appealing, but it just wasn't the ideal choice for me.

I wasn't on the wait list. I'm saying I was someone accepted that will most likely pull my acceptance, so they should start taking ppl from the wait list to fill my spot
Thanx for posting where will u be going?

I am also withdrawing my acceptance from the Henderson campus. The three-year program sounds appealing, but it just wasn't the ideal choice for me.
Thanx for posting also where did u decide on going?? What's the reason you are withdrawing?

Thanx for posting also where did u decide on going?? What's the reason you are withdrawing?

I can't justify their 75K per year estimated cost to attended (or their 45K tuition) with the salary of a pharmacist. Along with how the job market looks and salaries going down. The overall picture doesn't add up to me, and there is no way I want that kind of debt coming out of school. I can go to a public school with wayyyy less debt with a better career outcome making more money.

I can't justify their 75K per year estimated cost to attended (or their 45K tuition) with the salary of a pharmacist. Along with how the job market looks and salaries going down. The overall picture doesn't add up to me, and there is no way I want that kind of debt coming out of school. I can go to a public school with wayyyy less debt with a better career outcome making more money.
Where do u want to go?

Do you know when the white coat ceremony is??:)
If your orientation is from 8/26-8/28, then your white coat ceremony will be 8/29. Its the Friday right after orientation. Congrats on getting accepted. :)

does anyone know how many people were moved from the henderson wait list last year?

Im pretty low on the wait list and I'm really wondering if I even have a chance.

I withdrew my seat at the UTAH campus and I was pretty high up on the waitlist for the Henderson campus so hopefully this can help a few people out. Attending a different school. Roseman seems like a great school especially if you want to do business admin type stuff. Good Luck with your studies guys!

Last edited:
does anyone know how many people were moved from the henderson wait list last year?

Im pretty low on the wait list and I'm really wondering if I even have a chance.
What number r u... It moved a lot last yr..

What number r u... It moved a lot last yr..
I was told that if you get into utah then you can only remain on the wait list for henderson until August 1st. I am hoping I get into Henderson before then..

Last edited:
I withdrew my seat at the UTAH campus and I was pretty high up on the waitlist for the Henderson campus so hopefully this can help a few people out. Attending a different school. Roseman seems like a great school especially if you want to do business admin type stuff. Good Luck with your studies guys!
Congrats! Where are you going lol

Are you also waitlisted for the Utah campus? What number are you btw?

People keep telling me that salt lake is referred to as Mormon city like its a bad thing is it really that bad??

People keep telling me that salt lake is referred to as Mormon city like its a bad thing is it really that bad??

Don't know much about it myself (moving from Cali) but Salt Lake City is widely known as "the Mormon capital of the world". It's not necessarily a "bad" thing (some people may state that it's a good thing) but understand that the culture may be a tiny bit different than what you're used to [depending on where you're coming from]. For example, Utah is known for having some strict alcohol laws so research ahead of time if that's important to you.

I interviewed at South Jordan and I have to say for the small amount of time I was there everyone seemed to be really nice, approachable, and ultimately "normal".

Here's a website with some lite stats on South Jordan demographics:

http://www.sjc.utah.gov/demographics.asp

I have the same justification problem as you. What will you do if not attend pharmacy school?

has anyone on the waiting list for South Jordan heard anything yet?

i think I was 9 and i haven't heard anything, what number are you? Are you on henderson wait list too? if so, what number?

I'm #10 for the South Jordan campus, I guess it hasn't starting moving yet fingers crossed!

I was #4 on the waitlist for South jordan. And #41 on the waitlist for henderdon. She gave me my waitlist status when I emailed Dr. Helen Park on May 7 and received a call from her on May 14 for South Jordan seat. ♡♡

For those who are on the waitlist... Please don't give up. =))

I was #4 on the waitlist for South jordan. And #41 on the waitlist for henderdon. She gave me my waitlist status when I emailed Dr. Helen Park on May 7 and received a call from her on May 14 for South Jordan seat. ♡♡

For those who are on the waitlist... Please don't give up. =))
Thanks for sharing! That gives me so much hope