Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone looking for apts in South Jordan yet? When will you move there? (I'm thinking about August just to wait out to see if I get into Henderson)

Members don't see this ad.

I was #4 on the waitlist for South jordan. And #41 on the waitlist for henderdon. She gave me my waitlist status when I emailed Dr. Helen Park on May 7 and received a call from her on May 14 for South Jordan seat. ♡♡

For those who are on the waitlist... Please don't give up. =))

Awesome! Welcome to Roseman University COP! If you have any questions on South Jordan message me.

Congrats! Where are you going lol

Going with LECOM in Bradenton Florida. It was tough to decide between roseman, lecom, and university of Hawaii. If Hawaii wasn't so expensive

Members don't see this ad :)
Going with LECOM in Bradenton Florida. It was tough to decide between roseman, lecom, and university of Hawaii. If Hawaii wasn't so expensive

haha congrats! im going to hawaii, compared to cali school its okay not so expensive haha

I feel like the waitlist is moving rather slow this year. I don't know if it will move faster in June and July but for the past 6-7 weeks or so it barely moved 2-3 spots for Henderson. Does anyone know roughly how many people on the waitlist for Henderson got in past years?

Please please people who do not plan to attend Roseman notify the school asap. There are people desperately waiting for your spot. Thank you.

I feel like the waitlist is moving rather slow this year. I don't know if it will move faster in June and July but for the past 6-7 weeks or so it barely moved 2-3 spots for Henderson. Does anyone know roughly how many people on the waitlist for Henderson got in past years?

Please please people who do not plan to attend Roseman notify the school asap. There are people desperately waiting for your spot. Thank you.
I emailed Dr. Park last Monday to officially withdraw my seat for the Henderson campus, and I have not received any acknowledgment of my request.

Thank you, tnt2001isnt.
I heard Dr. Park is out of the office right now. I don't know how long she has been out for but I'm guessing this might be the reason why you didn't hear anything from her yet. I'm hoping the waitlist wasn't moving because she wasn't on campus to take care of the withdrawals. If anyone has news on waitlist, please share :)

A friend got off the wait list for Utah a few days ago, but he hasn't heard about Henderson even though he's in the top 5 on the waiting list.

Anyone looking for apts in South Jordan yet? I'm looking for a female friend to share 2 rooms apartment together. We can do apartment hunting together. Email: [email protected] if interested. I'm thinking about August 1st just to wait out to see if I get into Henderson.

Anyone looking for apts in South Jordan yet? I'm looking for a female friend to share 2 rooms apartment together. We can do apartment hunting together. Email: [email protected] if interested. I'm thinking about August 1st just to wait out to see if I get into Henderson.
I'm in the same boat I live in Vegas n got accepted to south Jordan , wait listed for Henderson,I was in Utah this past weekend to look for apts found quite a few good ones within 5 mile radius from school :) I haven't thought about roomate deal but I may consider it contact me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same boat as you also. I just got into south jordan but still want to wait it out till august 1st incase I get into henderson. I am currently out of the country but I will email you after june 27th when I get back and settled in LA.

Thank you, tnt2001isnt.
I heard Dr. Park is out of the office right now. I don't know how long she has been out for but I'm guessing this might be the reason why you didn't hear anything from her yet. I'm hoping the waitlist wasn't moving because she wasn't on campus to take care of the withdrawals. If anyone has news on waitlist, please share :)
I don't have any news on the henderson waitlist but I did just get off the South Jordan list and put my deposit in for the school. If you don't mind me asking what number are you on the henderson list?

I don't have any news on the henderson waitlist but I did just get off the South Jordan list and put my deposit in for the school. If you don't mind me asking what number are you on the henderson list?
I'm in top 15. I hope I hear from Henderson this month so that I can plan my visit for apartment hunting in July. :)

A friend got off the wait list for Utah a few days ago, but he hasn't heard about Henderson even though he's in the top 5 on the waiting list.
Do you know when your friend heard from Roseman for waitlist? When Dr. Park called me back in April, South Jordan still had seats available but it seems like your friend's number on Henderson's waitlist is higher than mine @_@

Last edited:
Do you know when your friend heard from Roseman for waitlist? When Dr. Park called me back in April, South Jordan still had seats available but it seems like your friend's number on Henderson's waitlist is higher than mine @_@

I believed he emailed Dr. Park a few weeks ago to get his wait list number. He still hasn't heard about the Henderson campus since I talked to him a few days ago.

Good luck! Hopefully, the wait list will be moving a lot quicker for Henderson soon.

My seat for the Henderson campus has officially been withdrawn. Good luck to all who are on the Henderson wait list.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone on the wait list heard anything about their status or progress on the list? Email updates? Etc?

Has anyone on the wait list heard anything about their status or progress on the list? Email updates? Etc?
I was #80 on Henderson waitlist in April. About a week ago(after nearly 2 months of waiting) I emailed Dr. Park to ask if my my ranking had changed at all and she replied I am now #74 :( so disappointing.
This is nothing like what I read from last year's thread .

I was #80 on Henderson waitlist in April. About a week ago(after nearly 2 months of waiting) I emailed Dr. Park to ask if my my ranking had changed at all and she replied I am now #74 :( so disappointing.

Ya.. Hopefully next month it will move quicker! I think Henderson has less spots this yr and Utah has more...r u only waiting for Henderson?

I'm thinking of flying over south Jordan around July 27. I'm looking for a friendly female roommate. Email me [email protected] if you are interested in apartment hunting together. I'm from OC California.

Definitely. What is the rank for henderson list? If you are interested in sharing 2 bedrooms let me know k? We can do apartment hunting on July 27 or so.

I am in the same boat as you also. I just got into south jordan but still want to wait it out till august 1st incase I get into henderson. I am currently out of the country but I will email you after june 27th when I get back and settled in LA.

does anyone which apartments would be the best for the south jordan campus? Taking safety, distance, and just overall quality of the apartment into consideration..

deleted

Last edited:
Does anyone know how orientation works? Is it a one day event? The calendar of events said it's 8/26-8/29. Should I plan on taking all those days off from work?

Does anyone know how orientation works? Is it a one day event? The calendar of events said it's 8/26-8/29. Should I plan on taking all those days off from work?
I was wondering the same thing. I need to make arrangements soon if that's the case.

Since the MBA/PharmD pathway has already started, we have been able to talk to some P2/P3's and they said that orientation is all week. We will be doing some different stuff for the week, but you need to be there for the whole thing.

Does anybody on the wait list for Henderson have updates? I'm really getting anxious...:(

Roughly how many ppl are doing the MBA/PharmD dual program this year?

Does anybody on the wait list for Henderson have updates? I'm really getting anxious...:(

Roughly how many ppl are doing the MBA/PharmD dual program this year?
There are 30 of us in pharmD/MBA, at least at Henderson, not sure about the other campus.

Just got off the waitlist for Utah, there is still hope people !!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got off the waitlist for Utah, there is still hope people !!!

I can't justify their 75K per year estimated cost to attended (or their 45K tuition) with the salary of a pharmacist. Along with how the job market looks and salaries going down. The overall picture doesn't add up to me, and there is no way I want that kind of debt coming out of school. I can go to a public school with wayyyy less debt with a better career outcome making more money.

I kind of agree with your post. Not sure if I can justify the cost when the job outlook looks relatively bleak. Still on the fence of whether to stay at my current profession or take on a huge amount of debt, especially when there is such an influx of new grads to the job pool.

Anyone know what kind of laptop we are getting? Looking through the cost breakdown for the 2014-15 school year we are being charged $2,400 for a laptop. Is this a MacBook Pro? MacBook Air? Touch Screen? I've been to places like best buy and haven't found many laptops that are in this price range.

Anyone know what kind of laptop we are getting? Looking through the cost breakdown for the 2014-15 school year we are being charged $2,400 for a laptop. Is this a MacBook Pro? MacBook Air? Touch Screen? I've been to places like best buy and haven't found many laptops that are in this price range.

madness !!!!

crossing my fingers and praying for you get a supercomputer at that price... :xf::xf:

laptop sales have plummeted since the ipad came out and companies like HP and Dell have been scrambling to try to get people to even spend $900 on a laptop. Hopefully this computer is state of the art.

laptop sales have plummeted since the ipad came out and companies like HP and Dell have been scrambling to try to get people to even spend $900 on a laptop. Hopefully this computer is state of the art.

in all honesty, I think the computer you are going to get is some sh*tty computer for the price. Try to opt out if you can and buy your own computer.

Does anyone know if we can opt out of purchasing a laptop through the school? I, too, agree that +$2k is ridiculous!

I think it's a lenovo. My friend is actually trying to sell it :/

I heard its a dell computer huge and clunky! I asked them if I can opt out of it but they won't allow that anymore. I agree $2400 I can buy a nice mac!! >:[