Roseman University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to those who have been accepted! :)

I am getting anxious! I interviewed on March 12 and haven't heard of anything yet
:( :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

The sun is shinning, we still have hopessssssssssssssss

Has anyone from the waitlist been pulled for the NV campus yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not received anything for the wait list, but I was told that I would be on it back in March. I was accepted to my top choice school, so I will be withdrawing as a candidate for Roseman. Good luck to everyone that is waiting.

Should somebody who got accepted tell me what time did they call you ? So I can go to open area to obtain good cell phone signal.
I live in apartments building which my cell phone cannot obtain good signal reception.

I have not received anything for the wait list, but I was told that I would be on it back in March. I was accepted to my top choice school, so I will be withdrawing as a candidate for Roseman. Good luck to everyone that is waiting.

Congrats! I'm glad you got into pharmacy school.

Should somebody who got accepted tell me what time did they call you ? So I can go to open area to obtain good cell phone signal.
I live in apartments building which my cell phone cannot obtain good signal reception.

I received my call between 12-1230p central time. Hope this helps and good luck!

What kind of laptop are the current students using? The laptop estimate is $1500+ I think and I was wondering why the hefty cost...:confused:

It was after 1pm for me.

What kind of laptop are the current students using? The laptop estimate is $1500+ I think and I was wondering why the hefty cost...:confused:

I believe that's the total cost of the laptop and the 3 year warranty.

The sun is shinning, we still have hopessssssssssssssss

I was called around 6:00 pm mountain. It looks as though it can be anytime during the day that they extend invites.

Anyone heard anything about their waitlist number for Vegas?

Just spoke to Dr. DeYoung and got accepted into Utah! Im on the waitlist for vegas! Hopefully the waitlist opens up later! Imma cross my fingers for us all! If not, ill see yall in utah! Congrats everybody!!

Congrats :) did he tell u what number ur on the waitlist ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything about their waitlist number for Vegas?

The people who has been accepted to the Utah campus recently knows their wait list number.

Someone posted that he/she was 40 something on the wait list for the Nevada campus. I'm assuming there is about 50 or more people on the wait list for Nevada now.

An email notifying waitlist number or rejection to the rest of us who have not been accepted will probably be sent within the next month.

Be positive! There will be quite a couple ppl drop their position before the deposit deadline! So there is a big hope. Just be alittle patient.

Did anyone get their financial aid email yet?

We're using some clunky Dell touchscreen lap top. It's way overpriced for what you're getting and honestly the only thing the computer is useful is for printing, a program they could have put into any other lap top a student could bring in.

I was under the impression the computer fee also covered 24/7 technical support. Is this accurate?

Since there are no books, I don't think the fee is crazy. Especially if it includes Microsoft Office and technical support. I can see why they want to make sure everyone is using the same thing.

I was under the impression the computer fee also covered 24/7 technical support. Is this accurate?

Since there are no books, I don't think the fee is crazy. Especially if it includes Microsoft Office and technical support. I can see why they want to make sure everyone is using the same thing.

Yes it covers technical support. Microsoft Office is barely used besides excel and word, both which I already had on a lap top. The computer spec isn't worth the cost. Any basic lap top that isn't even half the price could do what is needed from a lap top at Roseman. You'll need it for powerpoints and then to use the printer.

Any new updates? Anybody know anything they care to share?
~still waiting anxiously~

I interviewed on April 2nd and haven't heard anything either "sigh"

Did anyone get their financial aid email yet?

I received an email on April 19th with an attachment of expected financial aid we can apply for. It was a breakdown of the PLUS loan and the unsubsidized stafford loan. Don't forget to complete those loan requests, master promissory notes, etc online! :)

Yes it covers technical support. Microsoft Office is barely used besides excel and word, both which I already had on a lap top. The computer spec isn't worth the cost. Any basic lap top that isn't even half the price could do what is needed from a lap top at Roseman. You'll need it for powerpoints and then to use the printer.

The cost is for the 3 year repair and replacement. That covers everything except it being stolen. You drop it - replaced, Spill something on it - replaced. Not the best computer but worth knowing you will have one that will work for 3 years no matter what.

The cost is for the 3 year repair and replacement. That covers everything except it being stolen. You drop it - replaced, Spill something on it - replaced. Not the best computer but worth knowing you will have one that will work for 3 years no matter what.

This doesn't change the fact that I could have bought 2 cheaper lap tops with better specs, with a 2-3 year warranty at an outside provider. This is just my opinion. I'm not worried about dropping or spilling something on my lap top.

This doesn't change the fact that I could have bought 2 cheaper lap tops with better specs, with a 2-3 year warranty at an outside provider. This is just my opinion. I'm not worried about dropping or spilling something on my lap top.

Does anyone know the actual model we're getting? Also, does it come with a bunch of licensed programs? I am also wondering why the cost is through the roof. This laptop better drive me to class everyday and pay for gas. ;)

I will be giving up my seat for Nevada campus. Good luck to those still waiting

Today is may 3rd.. Anyone called dr. Deyoung regarding their status??

Today is may 3rd.. Anyone called dr. Deyoung regarding their status??

I did not call and will continue to wait. It takes time for processing...
May I ask when you interviewed? And your stats?

Feb12. My science GPA is 3.7, overal 3.8
Ucla bachelor and some volunteer work for pharmacy... I really need to find out about my status..!!

Feb12. My science GPA is 3.7, overal 3.8
Ucla bachelor and some volunteer work for pharmacy... I really need to find out about my status..!!

Why the urgency? Did you have to put a deposit in another school by a certain deadline?

The registration packets are due May 3rd. I don't think we'll hear anything regarding our actual statuses until after that deadline.

A friend of mine received the call last Thursday and was accepted. He interviewed on the same day I did.
I haven't heard back. I was hoping I'd hear back today, but I guess that's not gonna happen until next week. :(
To those still waiting, stay positive!

Yes I already paid deposite for UOP and got accepted for western. My deadline to drop my biochem class is Sunday and I don't know If I should keep the class or not :(

Well if you want to go to western, u keep it... If uop doesn't require it, drop it :)

Well my heart is with Roseman since its one year less but I'm having a hard time between Vegas and western. I'm kinda scared of the 90 or 85 and up exams every two weeks,

Well my heart is with Roseman since its one year less but I'm having a hard time between Vegas and western. I'm kinda scared of the 90 or 85 and up exams every two weeks,

I see... Well they are all good schools... It's a tough decision, but I am sure you will have success anywhere you go. Good Luck wit deciding :)

Thanks Im just taking so many classes and Im exhausted, however I don't need any of this classes for Roseman. I hope we hear pretty soon.. I hate waiting and it's been a long time for me already :(

Yes I already paid deposite for UOP and got accepted for western. My deadline to drop my biochem class is Sunday and I don't know If I should keep the class or not :(

Don't drop it. Even though it's not required for neither UOP nor Roseman, you will have to take it during pharmacy school and will be more prepared.

Just got the call from Dr. DeYoung. I'm in! :D:D:D
I'm so excited to be starting school and meeting some of you! :)

Just got the call from Dr. DeYoung. I'm in! :D:D:D
I'm so excited to be starting school and meeting some of you! :)

Hey hey!! Congrats Elcie!! I look forward to meeting you in August. A celebration is in order! :highfive:

Hey i'm in the same boat you are trying to decide between Western and Roseman.
Are you from CA?

Hey i'm in the same boat you are trying to decide between Western and Roseman.
Are you from CA?

Anyone from April 2nd received any calls yet?

Hi yes between Roseman, western and UOP... Make a decision is driving me crazy...

I wouldn't be intimidated by the 90% exams - it's only a number and is dependent on the difficulty of the questions asked. The time & effort spent studying is going to be the same for either program regardless of the grading system used.

It's my understanding that most students pass right away most of the time, so the fact that we were accepted into the program means we are capable. :thumbup: Congrats, by the way! :)