Roseman University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do we hear from financial aid? I got an email from Dr. Deyoung about him receiving my enrollment packet with my deposit, so now I'm just waiting to hear from financial aid. Scares me.. I just wanna make sure I'll have money for school and money for living expenses. Does anyone know about financial aid, or have any of you heard back from financial aid office?

You should be getting an award letter emailed to you soon. In the meantime, you can do the entrance counseling online. Financial aid starts their process in late June/early July. You should request PLUS loans next month instead of now since credit checks only last 90 days. After that, we just wait....hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks so much LordChud! I did the fafsa before my interview in March. After that, I was just kinda wondering what the next step would be. I was going to do the entrance counseling but I wasn't sure if we had to wait to hear from the fin aid office first. So you've done your entrance counseling? How long does it take to do?

Hi all,

I am a current Roseman pharmacy/MBA student (a soon-to-be P3 student) at the Henderson campus, and our house is looking for a roommate. Please check out the info below. Btw, congrats to those who got accepted and welcome to the Roseman family. For those who are still waiting, best of luck to you!

ROOMMATE WANTED

•One room in a spacious five-bedroom house with a walk-in closet, shared bathroom (with one roommate)
•Room is available now
•All roommates are Roseman pharmacy students
•About 2 miles from Roseman University Henderson Campus (Whitney Ranch and Sunset)
•$435/month (utilities already included)
•Must be OK with dogs

***Furniture may not be included.

Interested?
Contact Nana at [email protected] for more details

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 65
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 63
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much LordChud! I did the fafsa before my interview in March. After that, I was just kinda wondering what the next step would be. I was going to do the entrance counseling but I wasn't sure if we had to wait to hear from the fin aid office first. So you've done your entrance counseling? How long does it take to do?

Sup! Entrance counseling took about 30-40 minutes. It's very easy, just a bit long. There is another counseling session we have to do also (it was the same as entrance counseling). Also, there are master promissory notes to fill out and Roseman documents that need to be sent out. I did everything before I got the award letter so you can go ahead and get those done if you like, but you can also wait for the award letter. (This is all stated in the second checkbox of the financial aid checklist). There is plenty of time, so there are no worries at all. Just a heads up, the government uses Equifax for credit checks on PLUS loans. Feel free to hit me up anytime. Go team Roseman! ;)

Hello, I'm going to be a first year pharmacy student in august. Right now I don't have much to do. Do any pharmacy students have any advice on some subjects I could be studying right now to give myself
a head start. I know I can't do any of the pharmacy specific stuff but I was thinking I could study
physiology or anatomy. Any advice would be great as to any subjects I could stress right now while
I have plenty of time. And good luck to those on the waitlist.

Dear incoming Henderson campus P1s,

https://plus.google.com/photos/1136...ms/5888107803984202065?authkey=CI7pzpmTmojmVA click to see more photo.

I have a fully furnished (washer & dryer laundry room, dining room, dish, pots, utensils and living room with leather sofa, home theater) move in ready condo for rent. I am renting out the master bedroom and the other larger room each with its own bathroom (3rd room is just for storage not for rent). All utilities are included (except the internet and cable/satellite tv) and the garage can fit two compact cars. The property is in a gated community with parks and pool. It is less than 5 miles (around 10~12 min) from the Henderson campus. Just bring the clothes you need and you will be set for the next 1~3 years!

Large master suite has its own walk in closet and bathroom, double dresser, desk, king size bed, 50 inch plasma HDTV for $685/month.

The smaller room has a queen size bed, two dressers (or one dresser and desk), closet, and bathroom just outside the door for $550/month.

Feel free to email me ([email protected]) if you have any question!

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 56
  • park.jpg
    park.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 51
  • apt.jpg
    apt.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 312140_408643135909888_399965832_n.jpg
    312140_408643135909888_399965832_n.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
could someone help me with immunization pls! I don't know what to do :(

well go get them....

Iol! I know that, but I dont know should I wait and get all of them done after aug first or I have to get it some of them done now:laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I'm going to be a first year pharmacy student in august. Right now I don't have much to do. Do any pharmacy students have any advice on some subjects I could be studying right now to give myself
a head start. I know I can't do any of the pharmacy specific stuff but I was thinking I could study
physiology or anatomy. Any advice would be great as to any subjects I could stress right now while

feel free to give advice, anyone?

Iol! I know that, but I dont know should I wait and get all of them done after aug first or I have to get it some of them done now:laugh::laugh:

I would get immunization shots done as soon as possible so that you won't have to worry about them later. Also, depending on what shots you lack, Hep A & Hep B require more than one shot. In addition, if you get a live attenuated shot, you'll have to wait at least at month until you can get the TST. So schedule your vaccinations accordingly.

feel free to give advice, anyone?

Honestly, if you had a strong grasp of all your prereqs, you'll be fine when school starts. They typically go over certain background things you have to know for what you're learning. So, it's not a big deal to study prereq materials. If you really feel the need to study during the summer, learning popular drug names (brand & generic) may help some. But you'll have more than enough time to study everything during the school year. Personally, I would just relax before school starts.

I would get immunization shots done as soon as possible so that you won't have to worry about them later. Also, depending on what shots you lack, Hep A & Hep B require more than one shot. In addition, if you get a live attenuated shot, you'll have to wait at least at month until you can get the TST. So schedule your vaccinations accordingly.

I would give the same advice as above. Not really necessary to study over the summer, enjoy it! However, if you would like to study I would recommend studying the Top 200 drugs as mentioned above. If you have those down, it would free up some of your weekends, since those exams are on Mondays. You can go to studyblue.com or studyshack.com and search for Roseman Top 200.

Also to the person that asked a while ago about a dress policy. It is very casual. The only days that you need to dress up are for presentations and of course when you go on rotation.

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted!

I'm a P1 student (well P2 now!). The first test you take will be on Law so there really isn't much studying you can do now. The next couple of test are some Ochem and chemistry type problems. The harder blocks are about a month or two from winter break. That's when you get introduced to a lot of new drugs. I actually didn't find this part of the curriculum to be too difficult but I did put in a lot of time in this area.

If you want a head start I would definitly start looking at a top 200 list of drugs and learn what there indications are for. You'll learn the drugs in much more detail when you get into school. My best advise would be just to relax this summer! When school starts you will forget what that even means :laugh:. Good luck to you guys in your P1 year! As long as you put in the work it really is not that bad.

I would give the same advice as above. Not really necessary to study over the summer, enjoy it! However, if you would like to study I would recommend studying the Top 200 drugs as mentioned above. If you have those down, it would free up some of your weekends, since those exams are on Mondays. You can go to studyblue.com or studyshack.com and search for Roseman Top 200.

Also to the person that asked a while ago about a dress policy. It is very casual. The only days that you need to dress up are for presentations and of course when you go on rotation.

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted!

I can't find the top 200 for rose man anywhere online. anyone? i tried the studyblue and study shack. i only see 20

I can't find the top 200 for rose man anywhere online. anyone? i tried the studyblue and study shack. i only see 20

I believe the top 200 is based off Pharmacy Times' top 200. So, you can search that. Also, this year's list won't come out until later this summer. However, usually it doesn't change much from year to year.

Anybody here anything? Any updates?

The last I heard from Dr. Deyoung was last week and there are about 30 people ahead of me for Nevada. I'm not sure if they already received my transcripts for Spring yet.

Anyone else hear anything?

The last I heard from Dr. Deyoung was last week and there are about 30 people ahead of me for Nevada. I'm not sure if they already received my transcripts for Spring yet.

Anyone else hear anything?
I emailed Dr. Deyoung about 2 weeks ago to check on my status. I went from #46 to #6 on the wait list for NV. Im not quite sure if they've received my transcripts as well.

Theres still hope for us waiting tho. Good luck!

I emailed Dr. Deyoung about 2 weeks ago to check on my status. I went from #46 to #6 on the wait list for NV. Im not quite sure if they've received my transcripts as well.

Theres still hope for us waiting tho. Good luck!

Yeah, I hope there's still hope to get into Nevada! I've never been to Utah, I've never driven or lived anywhere with snow (I'm from Hawaii lol).. I'm willing to do it, but I know the move to Nevada would be much easier. I hope we hear back from Nevada soon, before July, because I got approved for an apartment in Utah and I'm not gonna sign the lease until mid-July.. Please Dr. Deyoung call us soon lol.

I just emailed him asking my stats for the Nevada Campus as well, but somehow feel really bad that I did that. After reading this forum, I learned that some people actually got rejected from the school after being interviewed. Also, if he gets so many of these emails about updates, does it annoy him? I feel like I should be grateful that I already got accepted.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
3 good LOR

Before you apply you should check the requirements of each pharmacy school you apply to. Check out the website and see if you quality to even apply. Roseman's cumulative GPA requirement is 2.8 or higher and I know of many schools that are 3.0 or higher. You may have to take some more classes to boost your GPA. Good luck to you.

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
3 good LOR

The school has academic forgiveness..They will consider the past 5 years of course work if all your prerequisites have been done in the past 5 years and assuming your grades in the past 5 years have been above 2.8, then I think you have a chance.

Yeah, I hope there's still hope to get into Nevada! I've never been to Utah, I've never driven or lived anywhere with snow (I'm from Hawaii lol).. I'm willing to do it, but I know the move to Nevada would be much easier. I hope we hear back from Nevada soon, before July, because I got approved for an apartment in Utah and I'm not gonna sign the lease until mid-July.. Please Dr. Deyoung call us soon lol.

Both places have locations of Cafe Zupas nearby, a chain which kinda rocks my world right now.

However, I do wish you luck as I am aware (and you likely are aware as well) of Las Vegas being referred to as the 9th [Hawaiian] island, and there's certainly some at least one nice Hawaiian spot around with some great food.

The school has academic forgiveness..They will consider the past 5 years of course work if all your prerequisites have been done in the past 5 years and assuming your grades in the past 5 years have been above 2.8, then I think you have a chance.

Awesome thanks! I also have a BS in Kinesiology

Both places have locations of Cafe Zupas nearby, a chain which kinda rocks my world right now.

However, I do wish you luck as I am aware (and you likely are aware as well) of Las Vegas being referred to as the 9th [Hawaiian] island, and there's certainly some at least one nice Hawaiian spot around with some great food.

Cafe Zupas? Hmm I'm intrigued.. I'm going to look up their menu.
Yes lol LOTS of Hawaii residents move there and visit there as well. If I was accepted to the Henderson campus I'm sure my family and friends would visit me often-- not sure if I'll need all that distraction but I guess it could be nice. The cost of me actually relocating to Nevada would be less expensive--flying over, shipping my car up; moving to Utah I'd need to purchase WINTER clothes, etc. because of their snowy Winters.

I was actually hoping that the South Jordan campus would have the same Professional Fraternities that Henderson campus has.. does South Jordan not have any of the Professional Fraternities (Kappa Psi, Phi Delta Chi)?

Students at South Jordan, or anyone from Utah.. I'm curious to know how harsh is the Winter weather there? How bad is it to drive in snow around that area?

The statistic for 2013 admission has been updated online. Looks like only 39% accepted have a bachelor degree or higher. No disrespect but it seems rather unfair for those who completed 4 years at a university, or even go on for a master, received a degree and may not receive a higher GPA than those who just complete their prereq at a junior college and get substantially higher GPA. Looks like your degree won’t help that much here. You’ll have a higher chance of getting into this school if you just go to a junior college and get A’s easily.

The statistic for 2013 admission has been updated online. Looks like only 39% accepted have a bachelor degree or higher. No disrespect but it seems rather unfair for those who completed 4 years at a university, or even go on for a master, received a degree and may not receive a higher GPA than those who just complete their prereq at a junior college and get substantially higher GPA. Looks like your degree won’t help that much here. You’ll have a higher chance of getting into this school if you just go to a junior college and get A’s easily.
Unfortunately your analysis of the data is inaccurate. To be able to draw the conclusion you have drawn you need additional information, specifically you need to know how many of the applicants have a bachelor degree or higher. For example, a total of 260 students were admitted, 39% of which have a bachelor degree or higher, which equals 101 students... How do you know that there were more than 101 students that even applied that had a bachelor degree or higher? It could be close to 100% of the applicants that have a bachelor degree or higher were accepted or it could be lower... we do not know because we do not have enough information to draw the conclusion you have drawn. Roseman specifically states at http://www.roseman.edu/node/135 that students with a bachelor degree or higher are awarded additional points….

Also, just because someone did not get a bachelor degree or higher does NOT mean that they attended a junior college and got easy A's. They may have attended a 4 year prestigious university but after applying and being accepted to pharmacy school they are moving on without having to have an undergraduate degree... I would argue that these students are just more efficient with their time and are driven individuals….

I will see you guys there next month in Nevada! :) cheer!!!

I am looking for a roommate for the south jordan campus. please PM if interested!

My family and I are anxious, stressed, and not happy at all. I decided to write this message here to ask you to please let Dr Deyoung know if you are not planning to attend the Henderson Campus before August 1st. I have a high rank on the waiting list but still I might not be able to go to the Henderson campus by then. Attending the Utah campus is going to be too costly for me and put me in a very devastating situation in terms of my personal life. Please help me out by letting Dr Deyoung know if you are not planning to attend the Henderson campus. God bless :xf::help:

My family and I are anxious, stressed, and not happy at all. I decided to write this message here to ask you to please let Dr Deyoung know if you are not planning to attend the Henderson Campus before August 1st. I have a high rank on the waiting list but still I might not be able to go to the Henderson campus by then. Attending the Utah campus is going to be too costly for me and put me in a very devastating situation in terms of my personal life. Please help me out by letting Dr Deyoung know if you are not planning to attend the Henderson campus. God bless :xf::help:
What rank are you if you dont mind me asking? Im waiting as well...

Does the South Jordan campus have its own waiting list? Or is it merged into one list with the Henderson campus?

Does the South Jordan campus have its own waiting list? Or is it merged into one list with the Henderson campus?

When I was around it worked like this: Henderson is the most popular campus so there is a wait list for people who are accepted to South Jordan but would prefer Henderson. There is also a wait list to get into to Roseman which would mean getting a spot in South Jordan at this point.

During my year, we had a bunch of dropouts so people were able to transfer to Henderson from South Jordan for their P2 year. We also had people who completed their P3 rotations in NV even though they spent two years in Utah. So even if people don't get the campus they prefer this year, there may still be hope if they haven't changed the policy.

I believe as well that you need to get your facts straight. Not all four year schools offer the best challenge to students so that they are prepared based on prerequisites. Some 2yr schools (community colleges) offer more challenging formats to prepare the students.

Being that I have seen many people with 4yr degrees and masters degree fail out or not get in means something more than having a degree. It means being prepared to do 4 years of study in 2. Your third year is mostly all clinical.

My wife went the junior college route and was top of her class and found many students in her classes from the university because they were being offered the challenges to be prepared.

Also, it is more than just academics, it is about how you can communicate and write.

That is why there is the interview process.

Best of luck to you.

The policy on switching campus depends on available space for that class. The policy is the same. My wife has switched from Utah to Nevada campus.

Worry about getting in first. You may only be away for two years. There are situations where you may transfer to Henderson from Utah if that is where you are destined. Based on current policy, it is possible to transfer based on space.

Our family has stayed put while my wife finishes school away. Just an FYI. Get in first.

I am an incoming female student looking for a roommate. I am looking for a female roommate. PM me if you are interested. This is for the Utah campus. :luck:

I transferred from a community college to UCRiverside and I didn't see that much of a difference in difficulty between the two colleges. All things equal, it might be possible that someone who attended UCR for the entire 4 years has an advantage over me, but Roseman uses a point system and I'm reluctant to think that points were deducted because the course was from a community college - especially since the coursework fulfills the prereq requirements just fine.

90%, unless your group project does well then I think it is 85%. One of the current students told us during the tour that usually you will end up needing 85% or greater to pass.

This is correct for the initial test. If you fail the test and have to retake it, you MUST get 90%. The retakes are harder then the test. If you fail this, it is summer remediation for you and you WANT TO PASS THAT. This third test is usually harder too.

Point: Know your stuff and be prepared.