Roseman vs NYU vs UDM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lacey17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
need your input choosing a school ! They are all private expensive schools :confused: I think NYU is not for me, but Roseman and UDM were both great ! can't really decide !

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
need your input choosing a school ! They are all private expensive schools :confused: I think NYU is not for me, but Roseman and UDM were both great ! can't really decide !
I'd go with Roseman. It's a great school in a really cool location especially if you like the outdoors. The students are all really laid back and the block curriculum is pretty cool. Also, not sure if you are interested in surgery, but the students were saying that the oral surgeon lets the students do almost anything (impacted thirds, placing implants, etc) so you'd get a lot of experience with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I say UDM! ROSEMAN is a newer school , NYU is expensive and UDM has a good clinical reputation !

Which school is closer to home?
Im from Texas so I have to go out of state , Im really torn between Roseman and UDM.. Roseman was a great school and environment was so friendly and laid back! on the other hand, I have a family friend who graduated from UDM and he says the school and their clinic prepared him well and he wouldn't recommend any other program over UDM . I really dont want to pay 2 deposits and really dont know what to do !:(

Im from Texas so I have to go out of state , Im really torn between Roseman and UDM.. Roseman was a great school and environment was so friendly and laid back! on the other hand, I have a family friend who graduated from UDM and he says the school and their clinic prepared him well and he wouldn't recommend any other program over UDM . I really dont want to pay 2 deposits and really dont know what to do !:(

Texas has 3 dental schools, did you not get in or not apply?

Texas has 3 dental schools, did you not get in or not apply?
I only interviewed at Baylor and havent heard anything ! Im sooooo embarrassed!:cryi:

I'm waitlisted for both but I would pick UDM over Roseman. In the end, I think UDM has a stronger clinical experience and that's what will make the difference when you go out to practice in the field. They're both around the same price (UDM slightly cheaper I think) so cost shouldn't play that big an issue. Or...maybe I'm just trying to spook you so I get into Roseman (DUN DUN DUNN)-jk...sorta..

I'm waitlisted for both but I would pick UDM over Roseman. In the end, I think UDM has a stronger clinical experience and that's what will make the difference when you go out to practice in the field. They're both around the same price (UDM slightly cheaper I think) so cost shouldn't play that big an issue. Or...maybe I'm just trying to spook you so I get into Roseman (DUN DUN DUNN)-jk...sorta..
Hahha, I hope you get into both ! I thought I would choose UDM with no hesitation but my interview at Roesman was amazing!!! only if they were both cheaper !! 80,000 dollars a year :scared:

NYU is clinically proven, as is UDM. caveat about UDM-it's in a crappy area

roseman is still way too new.

Utah being described as a nice location when comparing it to NYC :D

Reactions: 1 user
south jordan has a suburby feel to it and definitely safe but i cant imagine what students do for fun there !

south jordan has a suburby feel to it and definitely safe but i cant imagine what students do for fun there !

I'm sure a student there could confirm but I know Roseman pretty well. And yeah, a lot of them are married Mormon guys (like me). And it's a suburban area like you said so people aren't living across the street from the school all in the same area like you'd get elsewhere.

To me this decision is as simple as where would you rather live? Those are pretty extreme choices to choose from! The price differences probably aren't too far off from each other.

If you were looking for a really chill and laid back four years I'd go Roseman. If you are looking for a more upbeat and social atmosphere I say NYU.

Can't comment on UDM I know nothing about it.

Hey guys,

Have you decided?

They are both great. Depends on what it is you are looking for ... area? specialty? clinicals? learning environment? social things to do?

Last edited:
Roseman is a legitimate school definitely

Have you decided?

They are both great. Depends on what it is you are looking for ... area? specialty? clinicals? learning environment? social things to do?
I picked UDM.. I loved Roseman but chose UDM because of the clinical reputation ...also my grandparents live there and they offered me to stay with them ; that just made the decision much easier I guess.

:thinking: When you see people who are on the UDM waitlist posting in multiple threads telling people to go to every school other than UDM.

Reactions: 4 users