Rosh review attending version

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teacherman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Really liked Rosh to review for inservice exam. Anyone know if the attending version for boards is that much different?

Members don't see this ad.

I can answer this. I was curious myself so I emailed them. As much as I love Rosh Review their response to this annoyed me. Initially I was told there was 'some crossover, but not too much', between the two. I asked them to clarify and they basically said that half the attending qbank is drawn from the resident qbank. Also wouldn't give me a discount, so F*#$ that.

I'm a big fan of Q-banks; I passed my boards no sweat with only "Just the Facts" and "First-Aid" - but I like Q-banks so much that I'm seriously considering giving them the five-hundred or whatever it is for their Q-bank just for my own active practice and "lifelong education".

Members don't see this ad :)
i used rosh with hippoem. blew written boards sky high. im not sure which one helped more. but both have their upsides. didnt use rosh in residency. we had peer viii which was good but i like rosh better

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Also heard back from Rosh. Sounds like similar questions but more of them. Hippo seems good but I'm more of a qbank kind of guy so I'll go with rosh.

Yes, rosh resident Qbank is ~1000 questions, post-residency Qbank is ~2000 (add 1,000 to the original 1k). I found that the extra 1000 questions just felt like the ones from residency Qbank but just reworded. All the same concepts though, so just repetition. I stopped using it after about 1500 questions. I thought peer 8 would be closer to actual questions, but rosh questions were actually fairly indicative. Would recommend. Hippo is a useful adjunct.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody know of any current discount codes?

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to bump, but a relevant question:

I'm fresh out of residency. During residency, I did all of Rosh for the inservice -- 1200 questions as of this post -- and am debating what to use for my qualifying exam come Fall.

I'm a question guy. Was planning on PEER VIII with some First Aid browsing. I felt Rosh was helpful for the inservice overall. Have never tried Hippo. I read the above posts and posts elsewhere with people basically torn on which (Rosh versus PEER) is more indicative of the real thing and/or which was more worth their time. Especially with the additional Rosh-for-ABEM questions not being really different from what's already there as per hoot504 above.

Posting to get others' opinions in addition to those above (thanks, guys!).

Sorry to bump, but a relevant question:

I'm fresh out of residency. During residency, I did all of Rosh for the inservice -- 1200 questions as of this post -- and am debating what to use for my qualifying exam come Fall.

I'm a question guy. Was planning on PEER VIII with some First Aid browsing. I felt Rosh was helpful for the inservice overall. Have never tried Hippo. I read the above posts and posts elsewhere with people basically torn on which (Rosh versus PEER) is more indicative of the real thing and/or which was more worth their time. Especially with the additional Rosh-for-ABEM questions not being really different from what's already there as per hoot504 above.

Posting to get others' opinions in addition to those above (thanks, guys!).

Anyone have thoughts or opinions on the Carol rivers board prep?

For written boards, used Hippo EM and was very pleased with it. In addition to video lectures by the EMRAP crew, there was a 1000+ qbank. Passed comfortably. Highly recommend.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions on the Carol rivers board prep?

I have these books and I like them.

Got them when I was a PGY2 since they'd just come out and should still be the current version when I take my boards. I can't stand reading textbooks and I'd heard they were like a middle ground between a bare bones review book and a wordy textbook. It probably skews more towards the former but I find it adds in just enough info to make me feel like I'm learning the core content of our field rather than trying to memorize bullet points for a test. It's also in outline format and easy to read.

Little bit of a bump, but a straightforward question for anyone else who can answer: for those who have seen both, was PEER or Rosh more similar to the certification exam?

I used TrueLearn for my PGY3 ITE and did well. It was a bunch of the same questions as the 1200 questions book, but I liked the set up a lot more.

On HippoEM review course, can you divide the questions up by topic (cards, trauam, etc)?? In the trial version it only lets me do sets of 10 questions.

As I mentioned above, the Rosh questions were more similar. Many one liner questions with a "know or you don't" kind of topic. Just use both, they are both helpful. You'll be fine if you finished residency without any red flags or warnings from the brass.