Rosh Review: thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

da8s0859q

I poked around a bit, but I haven't seen a whole lot in the way of recent opinions on Rosh Review.

Just curious what the SDN consensus is on using this for the ITE and ultimately for board prep. What do people think of the question bank for in-service prep?

Used the 450-question PEER VIII for my intern year exam but was wanting to expand a bit.

Members don't see this ad.

We got access to it from our residency and I really like it. I think the explanations are concise but with enough detail to learn a few key points from each question. All around I thought it was a lot better than I was expecting.

I used Rosh, PEER VIII, very little reading and did just fine on my boards. You'll definitely do fine for ITE with Rosh alone. I have no relationship with that product at all. In fact, I used it for the ITE during my last year of residency and wanted to start over for my written boards and the dude who runs it replied to my email within like...an hour and reset everything for me. I had a pretty good experience with it. Very similar questions and some damn near identical.

Actually, now that I remember. I think I primarily used 1000 questions for ITE during residency and that's honestly all you need. Rosh certainly won't hurt though. I used it my last year along with 1000 questions and although I did good on ITE, I can't say whether it gave me a sig advantage or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Rosh and a Board Review course for my board prep, and knocked the boards out of the park. No other reading really.

Agree with the above. Rosh is pretty good. Used it for my board prep and did pretty well. Last year they were giving a discount on the ACEP exhibit floor if you signed up then. Not sure if they are doing that again or if you want to wait that long/plan on going, but there it is.

Also used Rosh for board prep. Thought it was great.

Residency program gives it to us. Its as close to uworld for the ITE as we have. :clap:

I hear that they work out a deal if the whole residency program signs up

I had a similar experience as Groove for ITE. I did Rosh Review for it and then got them to reset it and am working through it for boards. It's a good product with pretty good explanations for the questions and I always liked that you could see the national percentage average and a projected score/pass rate. I am not sure if there is any evidence for how that correlates (it did for me on my ITE last year though. I scored 2% lower on ITE versus Rosh, which is pretty close), but I figured if I was above the average score, then I should be in the safe zone. They have really good service as well and are very responsive to e-mail. I guess we'll see how it goes for the actual thing. Finally, I have nothing to disclose.

(Edit - I am going to stick this here for posterity 12/25/15):
So I did the entire Rosh Review Qbank for the ABEM qualifying and ended up scoring 5% lower on the actual test. I passed comfortably, but just some anecdotal experience. I am sure that having worked through it once already the previous spring for ITE caused my Rosh Score to be a little inflated. My thoughts on the "if you are doing well above the average on Rosh, you (*theoretically) should do okay on a test that 90% of people pass."

Last edited:
Customer service was excellent. I used it for the FM shelf, had an issue, and Adam Rosh called my cell phone within an hour to make sure it was resolved. That's good customer care.