Ross 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BugVet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been asked to bring a clinical resume to their Ross interview? My interview is next week and I don't really know what a clinical resume is! I feel ridiculous. Can anyone offer any insight??

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm, never heard of that before! I would assume it means your experience in clinical settings...Maybe someone else can clarify.

Would be starting in January or September 2012?

Did you attach a resume to your application? I know they just changed the app a few months ago and now it has the option of attaching your resume. I am assuming clinical means work and volunteer positions and stuff. Good luck, I am in the process of fininshing up my app and applying for the january 2012 class at Ross.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted the new application when I applied and it did have the option of attaching a resume, which I did. Also, I think (though I'm not 100% sure) that there was an option (requirement?) to attach an "animal experience record." I can only assume that this is roughly the same as a clinical resume. I wasn't asked to bring any specific paperwork to my interview, though I brought my resume, animal experience record and a copy of my Ross essay with me -- none of which I ended up needing or even looking at.

And just as an fyi to those interested, the September class is full. Any applications submitted are for classes starting in January 2012 or later. I submitted my app. in early May for the September class but was bumped to and ended up being accepted for the January class.

So I was wondering if you ever found out what exactly a clinical resume is? I was just informed I have an interview for Ross (yay!) and was told to bring a clinical resume. I am assuming just work/volunteer history? Should I just bring my whole resume? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Also to original poster how did your interview go?

Sooo....I'm just waiting for the phone call from my regional coordinator to schedule my interview; I got the email the other day. I'm shooting for the June 2012 class.... anybody else out there?

Sooo....I'm just waiting for the phone call from my regional coordinator to schedule my interview; I got the email the other day. I'm shooting for the June 2012 class.... anybody else out there?

Hopefully me! I think the semsester starts in May though. Did they ask you to bring a clinical resume? What state are you in?

They haven't asked me to bring anything yet; all I've received is the email saying, "Congrats, you have an interview".

And yeah, I keep forgetting the summer class starts in May.

I'm in Texas; what about you?

They haven't asked me to bring anything yet; all I've received is the email saying, "Congrats, you have an interview".

And yeah, I keep forgetting the summer class starts in May.

I'm in Texas; what about you?

You should get another email any day giving you dates for your interview, it only took me four days to hear from them.
I am in NY. My interview is on Monday and I am starting to freak out. I have been so busy with work and school I have had no time to go over interview questions or even buy a suit! I plan on going tommorow though. Ahh

Ugh, I need to lose a few pounds so I can fit comfortably back into my interview attire. Time to start running again.

That first email came on Tuesday; I wasn't expecting to hear anything else until next week or so. Hmm. How soon did they schedule your interview after notifying you? (In other words, how far in advance was it scheduled?)

Ugh, I need to lose a few pounds so I can fit comfortably back into my interview attire. Time to start running again.

That first email came on Tuesday; I wasn't expecting to hear anything else until next week or so. Hmm. How soon did they schedule your interview after notifying you? (In other words, how far in advance was it scheduled?)

Once I got the e-mail that I qualified for an interview 4 days later they emailed me the dates I was able to choose for my interview. I got that email on Sept 15 and the choice of interview dates I was given was October 3rd or October 10th. So I had about three weeks to prepare.

Got the email this morning from my regional admissions director... My interview is Wednesday! Yikes!

And I have to bring that clinical resume too. Hmm.

CatPartay, how did your interview go?

Interview went good (I think). I made a beautiful clinical resume and she never asked me for it and I totally forgot to give it to her. I think it may just be more for yourself so when they ask questions about your clinical experience you have something to refer to. Good luck on Wed!! Let me know how it goes! It was very laid back, simple questions like why do you want to be a vet, why Ross, and then questions about my experience.
Dont stress at all about it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview in the morning! Eeek!

It went exactly how CatPartay's went- talked about my experiences, my background, how I heard about Ross, and why I wanted to be a vet. It barely lasted 30 minutes, but the guy was attentive, interested in what I was saying....nice guy. Now it's back to the waiting game.

It went exactly how CatPartay's went- talked about my experiences, my background, how I heard about Ross, and why I wanted to be a vet. It barely lasted 30 minutes, but the guy was attentive, interested in what I was saying....nice guy. Now it's back to the waiting game.

Waiting is so much fun! They told me 4 weeks till I hear something it has been a week and a half and feels like a month!! LOL Happy waiting!

Has anyone heard of someone getting an interview and then getting rejected?

No, I haven't - but I know that sometimes they accept people into the VetPrep program. They don't specify that you may be interviewing for VetPrep, whereas SGU tells you which you are interviewing for.

I have actually heard of that. There's a girl in my Biochem class who interviewed last year and was told that she needed to raise her GRE scores. Or so she claims.

My friend had an interview and was straight out rejected. She got into SMU and is there now. My GRE scores are horrible. :(

I wouldn't worry too much about GRE scores CatPartay. I know someone with very poor scores who was accepted. Good luck!

My friend had an interview and was straight out rejected. She got into SMU and is there now. My GRE scores are horrible. :(

How horrible?
I am at Ross now and have met people with a wide range of GRE scores.

How horrible?
I am at Ross now and have met people with a wide range of GRE scores.
Well my first scores were under 800 4.5 writing. I just took the new GRE but scores wont be available to novemeber. They gave me a range which added to about 1000 but I dont think they will get it untill after they make their decision. I have a 3.4 gpa and thousands of hours in a small animal hospital so I hope that helps a little. So stressed out about it!!!
Anjabryn: How do you like Ross so far??

Anjabryn: How do you like Ross so far??

So far I love it here at Ross. imagine being at school and looking at the Caribbean ocean while studying. Ross does a lot to make sure the students
adjust to living in another country. They also have a really well set up orientation week.
There are tons of extra TA sessions held by upper semester students to go over
the material a second time.
We just got finsihed with our first midterms and I passed everything, so I am really happy about that.
If you have any specific questions about Ross let me know.

How do you like the on-campus living arrangements? If I get in, my fiancee will be making the move with me. I was told that we would BOTH live on campus, and just share an efficiency apartment! Eeek! Lol.

How do you like the on-campus living arrangements? If I get in, my fiancee will be making the move with me. I was told that we would BOTH live on campus, and just share an efficiency apartment! Eeek! Lol.

I live off campus because I brought my 2 dogs with me. There are a number of students that have their partners living with them in the dorms.
The on campus living arrangements are only for the first semester.
I live a 5 minute walking distance to campus so that is perfect for me.

The students who live in the dorms like it alot. They look really nice.

I love my room! O and FYI couple have to live in a 2 bedroom on campus. 2 people are not allowed to live in a efficiency.

CatPartay, have you heard anything from them yet? It's been a week for me, and I'm jumping out of my skin every time my phone dings with a new email.

CatPartay, have you heard anything from them yet? It's been a week for me, and I'm jumping out of my skin every time my phone dings with a new email.

LOL Nothing yet..I am the same way, I even keep unsubscribing to all my junk email I get hoping when I do get an email it is from Ross. I also keep checking my application status.. Still in committee review.. :bang:
I will keep my fingers crossed for you also! Did you apply to any other schools?

Oh my status still says Interview Stage. Hmm.

I also applied to Mississippi State, Western, and TAMU (my in-state).

Just got an email ......I got in for the May 2012 class!! So happy and excited I was in tears at work!!!

Thanks everyone!! Still in shock I actually got in.. lol:D

Thanks everyone!! Still in shock I actually got in.. lol:D

Hey CatPartay,

I am down here at Ross now (first semester) if you have any questions regarding classes, the island or what to bring you can email me.
ALthough the school does a pretty good job of getting all of the first
semesters adjusted and there should be a facebook group set up for you all eventually. That is where everyone will ask whatever questions they have and upper semester students as well as the coordinator for first semester students will guide and answer everything.

Congratulations!

Hey CatPartay,

I am down here at Ross now (first semester) if you have any questions regarding classes, the island or what to bring you can email me.
ALthough the school does a pretty good job of getting all of the first
semesters adjusted and there should be a facebook group set up for you all eventually. That is where everyone will ask whatever questions they have and upper semester students as well as the coordinator for first semester students will guide and answer everything.

Congratulations!
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! As soon as I wrap my brain around all of this I will have a ton of questions! My OCD is already starting to kick in with my writing of all my lists! LOL Still surreal though!:D

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! As soon as I wrap my brain around all of this I will have a ton of questions! My OCD is already starting to kick in with my writing of all my lists! LOL Still surreal though!:D

top two things on the list: passport and plane ticket :D

Alrighty, my status has changed to Committee Review.

Alrighty, my status has changed to Committee Review.

Yay! You will get in! I was in shock I got my answer in only 2 weeks, so you will prob get yours early as well!
Keep us posted!!:)

CatPartay- when you said your friend was straight out rejected... do you mean at the interview or weeks after?

hi so i just joined this forum. my admissions advisor put my application for the Jan 2012 class after my app was dismissed for May 2011. i have an interview next wed; do you think there isn't enough time to prepare from now til Jan if i were to get accepted?

I live off campus because I brought my 2 dogs with me. There are a number of students that have their partners living with them in the dorms.
The on campus living arrangements are only for the first semester.
I live a 5 minute walking distance to campus so that is perfect for me.

The students who live in the dorms like it alot. They look really nice.

I have been wondering about this... it said on the website that it was required to live on campus for the first semester (or something close to that time frame) but I have a dog that I will be bringing and they don't allow pets in housing. How would it work for me?? Thanks for any info you can provide :)

Hi everyone:

I am a Canadian student interested in applying to Ross University. Could someone please tell me how much the tuition and on campus living costs are? Also, are the university credentials recognized in Canada? Does the university relay on GRE scores when making their final decision?
Any other information or helpful advice is greatly appreciated. Thx.

HopeHopeHope - go to the Ross website and you can get all the information you need about tuition fees, living expenses etc. The programme at Ross is AVMA approved and is accepted in Canada as if you had attended any other approved school in North America or elsewhere. You need GRE scores to apply but I wouldn't say they rely on them. Hope this helps.

Did you guys submit a "professional" type passport picture, or a more casual "this is me" type picture?

So....yeah....

I got in. Woot. :)