Ross clinical year at UPenn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

las777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any rossies on here attend UPenn for their clinical year? If so, what was it like? And if it was your first choice, what made you pick UPenn over other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

not sure if the same holds true at ross, but the acceptance process for students from SGU is just a little bit ridiculous. they make you jump through tons of hoops and sort of treat you like you're applying to vet school all over again. its weird and annoying.

also, in the off chance you're not from the US, our non-US students were heavily advised against applying because of the amount of paperwork penn seems to require. apparently a canadian student ended up not being able to get all the i's dotted and t's crossed randomly and at the last second she had to go to another school.

Any rossies on here attend UPenn for their clinical year? If so, what was it like? And if it was your first choice, what made you pick UPenn over other schools?
I have seen a lot of Ross people at Penn. They all seemed to be happy. Can't add any more though.
Penn has the highest caseload (at least in the past) so it is generally a decent place to go. And from what I have heard in comparison, they are not as unreasonable to 4th years as some other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure if the same holds true at ross, but the acceptance process for students from SGU is just a little bit ridiculous. they make you jump through tons of hoops and sort of treat you like you're applying to vet school all over again. its weird and annoying.

Yes, definitely true at Ross :/ You have to "apply" (rather than just submitting your choices and being placed, like the rest of our clinical affiliate schools...aside from Davis and Western) and you have to do it an entire semester early (so in your 6th semester rather than 7th with the rest of the class). You have to send your application, transcripts from both undergrad and vet school, curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation. Then, if you're chosen, you have to go to an interview between your 6th and 7th semesters. It really seems like a lot of hoops to go through but if you really want to go to Penn I'm sure it's definitely worth it. To even "apply" your GPA must be in the top 1/3 of the class. I'm pretty sure it's also more expensive than the other clinical affiliates aside from Davis.

OP- Are you a current student at Ross? If so forgive me- you probably already know all that info.

I'm starting in January and I did some research and saw that you had to apply, but I wasn't sure if that was part of the whole process for all schools aside from giving your top three choices. That does seem like a pain though :/ but I guess I'll have plenty of time to decide :)