Ross University Veterinary Medicine Applicants 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been accepted for Ross's September class! I'm so excited and can't wait to meet everyone :D!

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted for Ross's September class! I'm so excited and can't wait to meet everyone :D!

:eek: Congrats! Didn't you just interview three days ago? That's the fastest turn around I've ever seen haha makes me super duper anxious, and I've only been waiting a week. They're still waiting on GRE scores for me though, since apparently they only had my second attempt on file. You must have rocked your interview and have killer stats to be accepted that quickly!

:eek: Congrats! Didn't you just interview three days ago? That's the fastest turn around I've ever seen haha makes me super duper anxious, and I've only been waiting a week. They're still waiting on GRE scores for me though, since apparently they only had my second attempt on file. You must have rocked your interview and have killer stats to be accepted that quickly!

I was definitely pleasantly surprised when I listened to my voicemail yesterday. I wasn't expecting a call that quickly, so I wasn't watching my phone every second of the day yet :) I hope when they get your scores you are accepted! I sure don't know what I did to get an answer so quickly. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was definitely pleasantly surprised when I listened to my voicemail yesterday. I wasn't expecting a call that quickly, so I wasn't watching my phone every second of the day yet :) I hope when they get your scores you are accepted! I sure don't know what I did to get an answer so quickly. Good luck!

Oh my goodness congratulations!!! Today marks 4 weeks since my interview and I haven't heard a word :scared: I feel like I'm going crazy!

Some food for thought... Does this concern you?

"High Debt and Falling Demand Trap New Vets"
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/b...p-new-veterinarians.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

It is definitely concerning. But on the other hand, I was denied by 8 US schools and waitlisted for 1. And the one I have been waitlisted for would acrue the same amount of debt as Ross. The price is high that's for sure, but it's also a matter of living efficiently not extravagantly before, during, and after vet school. This is my dream, and I want to make it happen even if it costs a lot of money. I'll deal with the debt when I'm not stressing about classes and graduating. I would much rather focus on getting through vet school with lots debt, than be asked to leave with a lot of debt and nothing to show for it. This is also the exact reason many people are asked at their Ross interview if they know what the average debt is for a veterinarian right out of school and the average income for a veterinarian.

It was four weeks from my interview and I got a call from my interviewer telling me I've been offered a seat in the September class and my acceptance information is on its way! Reality hasn't sunken in yet. I was in complete disbelief yesterday and today I've just been trying to tell myself its real. Amazing. Once I get over the shock I'll be back to make friends with my new classmates and ask some more questions!

It was four weeks from my interview and I got a call from my interviewer telling me I've been offered a seat in the September class and my acceptance information is on its way! Reality hasn't sunken in yet. I was in complete disbelief yesterday and today I've just been trying to tell myself its real. Amazing. Once I get over the shock I'll be back to make friends with my new classmates and ask some more questions!

That's awesome, congratulations!

I'm finishing my bachelors in biology this fall. My GPA is 3.1 and I have a ton of experience. Hoping I can do well on the GRE. Is anyone else applying for January 2014 with similar stats?? I'll prob apply to St. Georges as well. Pretty much FREAKING OUT!

I'm finishing my bachelors in biology this fall. My GPA is 3.1 and I have a ton of experience. Hoping I can do well on the GRE. Is anyone else applying for January 2014 with similar stats?? I'll prob apply to St. Georges as well. Pretty much FREAKING OUT!

I applied to SGU this past year through VMCAS. I am a extremely consistant B student. They originally offered me admission in January 2013, saying I was not competitive enough for August 2013. I imagine, the addition of VMCAS changed their admission process a lot this year. Many great candidates with GPA's of 3.4+ applied to both SGU and US schools through VMCAS - as far as I'm aware. How many of those accepted will turn down SGU for a US university? Not sure.

I imagine if you apply for the January or May classes you will have a shot as it's less competitive.

Same here. I'm a solid B student. Not very happy about it but, it is what it is. I also heard that the January admissions for these schools are less competitive, which I'm hoping is true. I think the Caribbean schools allow you to apply without going through VMCAS but not sure. Why didn't you take the January seat? You mind me asking what your GRE scores were?

Yes, you can apply using the applications found on their websites. If you are interested in applying now, I believe Ross is still accepting students for this coming May 2013?

I applied through VMCAS to SGU so I wouldn't have to ask my professors to fill out more forms for their letters of recommendation.

I will PM you as to what happened with SGU. Don't want to go on at length in a thread about Ross. :D

i don't mean to sound insensitive to the people still waiting to hear back (if somebody else posted this when i was still waiting i would have shot them), but does anyone want to create a thread or facebook group for people starting in the fall? or january, or any semester, doesn't matter to me! I'm just really excited to start getting to know my new classmates and form a little network for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't mean to sound insensitive to the people still waiting to hear back (if somebody else posted this when i was still waiting i would have shot them), but does anyone want to create a thread or facebook group for people starting in the fall? or january, or any semester, doesn't matter to me! I'm just really excited to start getting to know my new classmates and form a little network for us.

No hard feelings here. IMO it's best to start networking and getting to know classmates early, especially with Ross and other carribbean schools. And it's going to be hard with the rolling admissions, since people will probably be gaining acceptance up until a few weeks before the semester starts. If anything it gives those of us still waiting something to look forward to once we get accepted (fingers crossed) :)

same here! I can't wait to meet everyone. The facebook group for our class is supposed to be launched in May I believe. It feels like forever :(

oh okay great! i didnt know there was a pre-determined one. thats awesome.

Accepted!!! So happy. I did not receive a call... I just got an e-mail today that said "Welcome to Ross University! Congratulations on your acceptance..." To those still waiting, today marks 5 weeks since my interview so try to remain sane, you'll hear back soon!

Very excited to be moving to St Kitts in August!

Accepted!!! So happy. I did not receive a call... I just got an e-mail today that said "Welcome to Ross University! Congratulations on your acceptance..." To those still waiting, today marks 5 weeks since my interview so try to remain sane, you'll hear back soon!

Congrats!!! See you in August!!

So I have been accepted for VetPrep September 2013! I am beyond excited and do plan on putting down a deposit.

Yet, I am still waiting for a response from St. George's with which I interviewed about 2 weeks ago. SGU does appeal more to me and if I am lucky enough to get a choice between the two I think I would like to go to SGU.

My question then is...does anyone know if I can put down a deposit for Ross while I wait for SGU? If I get accepted to SGU, would I be able to just tell Ross that I no longer wish to accept my seat and just let them keep my non-refundable deposit?

Thanks in advance! :)

So I have been accepted for VetPrep September 2013! I am beyond excited and do plan on putting down a deposit.

Yet, I am still waiting for a response from St. George's with which I interviewed about 2 weeks ago. SGU does appeal more to me and if I am lucky enough to get a choice between the two I think I would like to go to SGU.

My question then is...does anyone know if I can put down a deposit for Ross while I wait for SGU? If I get accepted to SGU, would I be able to just tell Ross that I no longer wish to accept my seat and just let them keep my non-refundable deposit?

Thanks in advance! :)

Ya I'm pretty sure you would just notify Ross that you no longer wish to attend, and they will gladly keep that deposit lol

Ya I'm pretty sure you would just notify Ross that you no longer wish to attend, and they will gladly keep that deposit lol

That's what I figured! :p Just wondering if anyone has had actual experience with doing it, makes me nervous that's all!

That's what I figured! :p Just wondering if anyone has had actual experience with doing it, makes me nervous that's all!
I made a deposit and then was accepted to US schools, so I declined my seat. They had no problem with it. But I did lose $1000 dollars

I made a deposit and then was accepted to US schools, so I declined my seat. They had no problem with it. But I did lose $1000 dollars

Yea, I'm hoping I hear good news from SGU by May 1st. So I only lose 500!

Well, I didnt get accepted into my IS school Mizzou...soooo these next few weeks are going to be painful. No matter what I'm not giving up on my dream :)

CONGRATS!:highfive:

Hey. Just got accepted into RUSVM for September 2013!! Who else has been accepted into that class?

It took around 3 weeks for them to let me know that I was accepted after the interview.

I have the same reaction. It felt so unreal when I got my acceptance! I can't wait to start in September!!

I've been waffling back and forth between earth-shatteringly happy and terrified! I'm so excited, nontheless, for it all to begin. I'm excited to start getting to know my classmates.

I've been waffling back and forth between earth-shatteringly happy and terrified! I'm so excited, nontheless, for it all to begin. I'm excited to start getting to know my classmates.

I'm glad someone else is terrified too, I though I was the only one.

I'm glad someone else is terrified too, I though I was the only one.

hell no, you're not the only one! i've been preparing for this my entire adult life and i'm a very grounded, realistic person and i've done all my research on what this means for me and my family. staring it in the face is still terrifying.

ok...it will be four weeks since my interview on tuesday. Im thinking about emailing my interviewer next weekend if I don't get feedback by then. Is this a good move? I know that the May folks have orientation soon and they are busy with that but I REALLY wanna know ( and so does my family...lovely pressure from them). Thoughts?

ok...it will be four weeks since my interview on tuesday. Im thinking about emailing my interviewer next weekend if I don't get feedback by then. Is this a good move? I know that the May folks have orientation soon and they are busy with that but I REALLY wanna know ( and so does my family...lovely pressure from them). Thoughts?

It was 5 weeks for me yesterday and I'm freaking out. However, they were waiting for more GRE scores and I haven't gotten an email stating that they had received any documents..which is starting to worry me, so I may be emailing them anyway. I wouldn't necessarily email your interviewer though, because aside from the interview they don't really have a large role in the decision. Maybe email admissions?

It was 5 weeks for me yesterday and I'm freaking out. However, they were waiting for more GRE scores and I haven't gotten an email stating that they had received any documents..which is starting to worry me, so I may be emailing them anyway. I wouldn't necessarily email your interviewer though, because aside from the interview they don't really have a large role in the decision. Maybe email admissions?

Okay great I'm not in this boat alone, lol. They have everything from me but a final transcript. All prereqs are done and the final transcript wont be sent until I graduate in a month...btw, we had the same interviewer :)

I too am waiting to hear back from them. hmmmm

between applying and interviewing, between interviewing and being accepted, and even now after i've paid my deposit they've been relatively unorganized when it comes to collecting application materials. there was definitely a big disconnect between admissions, my interviewer, and the document status bar on my application.

i would use this as an excuse to call. like a "hi, i interviewed 4 weeks ago, just checking to make sure you have everything you need for my application" sort of thing.
that way it comes off more casually instead of like a "hi omg i cant wait anymore whats going on!?"

please pardon my lack of punctuation, mechanics, and capitalization. super exhausted.

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED!!!! :soexcited::soexcited:Would start in Sept. I was also accepted to SGU... Any good reasons to pick Ross over SGU? I know Ross has no summers, but I was wondering which would have more hands on, which would be cheaper, which has better test scores etc.
Thanks! Just would like to know whatever you have heard that is different between the two :)

ACCEPTED!!!! :soexcited::soexcited:Would start in Sept. I was also accepted to SGU... Any good reasons to pick Ross over SGU? I know Ross has no summers, but I was wondering which would have more hands on, which would be cheaper, which has better test scores etc.
Thanks! Just would like to know whatever you have heard that is different between the two :)

Congrats! Just curious about your timeline..how long was it between your interview and when you were notified of your acceptance? Can't offer much advice about SGU vs. Ross...although I think I might have seen somewhere that SGU is a little cheaper..not positive on that though.

Congrats! Just curious about your timeline..how long was it between your interview and when you were notified of your acceptance? Can't offer much advice about SGU vs. Ross...although I think I might have seen somewhere that SGU is a little cheaper..not positive on that though.

haha well... It was a journey for me!
I applied for Ross in Aug. and had my interview in Dec. I had 2 outstanding pre-reqs at that time, and you can only have 1 or 0 outstanding for them to give you a decision so I had to finish another quarter and send them my transcript before they would review my application for admission. I just heard back Friday via email, so it took almost 5 months.
In case you were interested, I applied to SGU for Jan 2014 back in August also, and they interviewed me in October thinking I had applied for January 2013... so I had to wait until they filled the Sept 2013 class before I heard back. Had to wait a little over 6 months!
But I am sure neither are the same case for you :) Had soooo much waiting!

Last edited:
It seems like the time you hear back varies but how were you told upon your acceptances or rejections? Via email? Phone? Snail mail?

Sooo I officially put down my first 500 dollar deposit yesterday for the Vet Prep Program for September 2013! :)

Still waiting on SGU though to give me an answer...

between applying and interviewing, between interviewing and being accepted, and even now after i've paid my deposit they've been relatively unorganized when it comes to collecting application materials. there was definitely a big disconnect between admissions, my interviewer, and the document status bar on my application.

i would use this as an excuse to call. like a "hi, i interviewed 4 weeks ago, just checking to make sure you have everything you need for my application" sort of thing.
that way it comes off more casually instead of like a "hi omg i cant wait anymore whats going on!?"

please pardon my lack of punctuation, mechanics, and capitalization. super exhausted.

So I called today and the woman told me the same thing my status bar says "Committee review." oh well, atleast I tried... c'est la vie.

How do people feel about this? Current vet students: do you feel like you get the same amount of attention and educational quality as students from schools with smaller classes?

How is everyone doing? I'm kinda just numb from waiting. It's been 5 weeks as of April 30th. Finals are coming up for me so I'm just more focused on that. Congrats to everyone there now for May orientation. Feel free to share some insights lol :)

How is everyone doing? I'm kinda just numb from waiting. It's been 5 weeks as of April 30th. Finals are coming up for me so I'm just more focused on that. Congrats to everyone there now for May orientation. Feel free to share some insights lol :)

I had my interview yesterday.. And if its any consolation, my interviewer told me that this is around the time that they should be coming back from break so there may be a delay in responses from the admissions committee. So, try not to look at it as it being 5 weeks (cause technically if they weren't working, then they weren't looking at ANY files!!)

In the meantime.. Good luck on your finals! I'm sure you'll hear good news from Ross!!

I had my interview yesterday.. And if its any consolation, my interviewer told me that this is around the time that they should be coming back from break so there may be a delay in responses from the admissions committee. So, try not to look at it as it being 5 weeks (cause technically if they weren't working, then they weren't looking at ANY files!!)

In the meantime.. Good luck on your finals! I'm sure you'll hear good news from Ross!!

Thanks for telling me that. Hope your interview went well and everyone hears good news :)

Soooo I'm declining my seat after having put down a deposit! Heading over to SGU instead. Hopefully someone benefits and gets a chance! :)

It's been 7 weeks today for me since my interview :mad: I'm going nuts. Definitely sending them an email but also giving them the benefit of the doubt for just coming back from a break.