Ross University Veterinary School January 2016 Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurevet1216

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am deferring to January's Vet Prep class and cannot WAIT to move to the island! I was wondering who all got accepted for January 2016?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been accepted into the January 2016 vet prep too. Maybe we'll be classmates. I'm kind of hoping to get called off the wait list for September too though. Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted to January Class and waited listed for the Sept Class, but I decided to wait for Jan 2016 DVM class since I work full time, I can save more before I go!.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! Im a first semester at Ross right now, if you have any questions send me a PM! :)

Congrats!!!

YAY! is it alright if I add all of you on facebook? And I can't wait till the facebook group comes out and we can start planning everything! I feel like we have kind of a head start since we know so far ahead of time! :D

& is anyone leaving a significant other? I'm really sad to be. :[

Holy crap... I'm going to vet school. Super excited. Looking forward to meeting you all in January. Futurevet1216: I'm leaving behind my hubby =( It'll be tough, but we got this. =)

I got accepted to January Class and waited listed for the Sept Class, but I decided to wait for Jan 2016 DVM class since I work full time, I can save more before I go!.
I just found out today I was accepted to the January 2016 class!!! So I'll be seeing you there!! I really wanted to start in September but doubt I get off the wait list. I'm just so excited I was finally accepted!!!! :):):)

Holy crap... I'm going to vet school. Super excited. Looking forward to meeting you all in January. Futurevet1216: I'm leaving behind my hubby =( It'll be tough, but we got this. =)

I'm leaving behind my husband too! So glad I won't be the only one!

I'm leaving behind my husband too! So glad I won't be the only one!

My best friend is starting the same time as us, she'll ALSO being leaving behind her hubby. At least we'll have one less distraction from our studies. .

My best friend is starting the same time as us, she'll ALSO being leaving behind her hubby. At least we'll have one less distraction from our studies. .

Haha so true!!

I am deferring to January's Vet Prep class and cannot WAIT to move to the island! I was wondering who all got accepted for January 2016?
Hello there! I got accepted for Spring 2016 as well! I live in Puerto Rico, which is an island nearby St.Kitts but I'm still totally stoked to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted into Ross Vet School for Spring 2016! I'm so excited and overwhelmed. I already live on an island but moving to a whole new one without knowing anyone really shocks me. I'm looking to make friends during these next few months and maybe find a dorm roommate who likes to stay on track!

If you're interested in talking more, feel free to add me on facebook!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know about cellular service there? I'm wondering if I shouldn't just rely on skype and cancel my cell for while I'm down there. Thoughts? Also, word on the street is they give you a pay-as-you-go cell to use on the island. Anyone hear similar rumors?

Have they started a facebook page for our semester yet?

Does anyone know about cellular service there? I'm wondering if I shouldn't just rely on skype and cancel my cell for while I'm down there. Thoughts? Also, word on the street is they give you a pay-as-you-go cell to use on the island. Anyone hear similar rumors?

Hey @Bub ,

Most of the students use their phones (put in on airplane mode and turn on wifi). I think t-mobile has plans for ur phone to work there. But you can download whatsapp, fb messenger, etc and use it on the island as a form of text. Most students use FB to talk to one another.

Yes they give you a LIME phone it looks like a little flimsy old nokia phone and i think they give it to us with $20. This phone is to communicate with everyone else on the island, ex. landlords, taxi drivers, etc.

I wish they'd hurry up and make the new fb page! I know how busy they are but I'm so antsy!

Yes we do! We can all cry together :(

Hi guys! Just wanted to say congratulations to those that have been accepted :) I have a quick question. I have my Skype interview tomorrow and I was wondering is it just a call interview or a video interview? Also any recommendations or tips with the interview? I'm really nervous because I don't know what to expect other than... I guess know the basics "why you want to be a vet", "why Ross University" etc.

Thank you!

Has anyone received their welcome packets yet??? I feel like we should have gotten them by now...

Has anyone received their welcome packets yet??? I feel like we should have gotten them by now...
They've been busy transitioning the new class in (the fall semester just started yesterday) so I assume your welcome packets will be next on the agenda!

So about these eBooks we're to be using instead of hard copies... I've heard mixed reviews on the quality. Thoughts? Comments? Also, does anyone know the cost of said eBooks?

Hi all I applied for the January 2016 semester and when I checked my application today the status had changed to decision made. I was wondering if Anyone knew what that meant if it is a rejection. Do they call with news or is it a snail mail response? Thanks!

Hi all I applied for the January 2016 semester and when I checked my application today the status had changed to decision made. I was wondering if Anyone knew what that meant if it is a rejection. Do they call with news or is it a snail mail response? Thanks!

Just wondering, did you apply thru VMCAS or thru their website?

Thru the Ross website

I applied thru VMCAS so we can't even check if a decision is made or not. When did you have your interview? I was told I should get my decision in 3-4 weeks but I haven't heard anything yet :( My interviewer told me that if we're accepted, we'll get a call from our interviewer themselves. I'm assuming if we get rejected, we'll get an email notifying us that.

I haven't had an interview yet. I was completing a couple courses and the admissions person said she would send me for a committee review. My GPA is horrible but my GRE is pretty decent. I had a major medical crisis which impacted my gpa, which was explained in my statement.

I haven't had an interview yet. I was completing a couple courses and the admissions person said she would send me for a committee review. My GPA is horrible but my GRE is pretty decent. I had a major medical crisis which impacted my gpa, which was explained in my statement.

Good luck!! Hope you get an interview invite soon! If it worries you, you may also try calling the school about your status change and see if they have any updates for you.

Good luck!! Hope you get an interview invite soon! If it worries you, you may also try calling the school about your status change and see if they have any updates for you.
I did call Ross and they said it was confidential so I would have to wait until I get something in the mail.

I did call Ross and they said it was confidential so I would have to wait until I get something in the mail.
You can try getting in touch with the person that interviewed you. I was told after my interview that she (my interviewer) would be the one calling me when she heard what the decision was. I never actually heard from her like I was supposed to but found out via e-mail when I got a "congrats on your acceptance here's what should do to prepare" e-mail. Anyway, that person is supposed to be made aware of the decision pretty quickly after it's made from what I understand.

You can try getting in touch with the person that interviewed you. I was told after my interview that she (my interviewer) would be the one calling me when she heard what the decision was. I never actually heard from her like I was supposed to but found out via e-mail when I got a "congrats on your acceptance here's what should do to prepare" e-mail. Anyway, that person is supposed to be made aware of the decision pretty quickly after it's made from what I understand.
I actually haven't had an interview yet.

I actually haven't had an interview yet.

Maybe try emailing or calling the admissions people and maybe ask if they send out emails or snail mails for wait list and rejection. That's what I did for one of the schools I have applied too since everyone seems to be getting an interview and I haven't heard anything from them.

I apologize if I am not being totally relevant to the conversation, but I figured someone here may be able to answer my question. For those of you who applied through VMCAS did you also write a separate resume or did you just complete the VMCAS application?

I apologize if I am not being totally relevant to the conversation, but I figured someone here may be able to answer my question. For those of you who applied through VMCAS did you also write a separate resume or did you just complete the VMCAS application?

I uploaded my resume onto VMCAS since for Ross University, they asked for additional documents before you're allowed to submit your application.

I want to wish all of you much success....I am a fourth semester student and withdrawing/(hopefully)transferring to SGU for a number of reasons. I love St. Kitts...I love the Kittians, the beaches...it's been great and I've learned a lot about myself. my first bit of advice is DO NOT BE AFRAID TO TAKE A PERSONAL SEMESTER OFF because it's a fast paced curriculum....it's ok if you need the break. If you have questions, I keep it 100% honest. And don't come to SK all scared of crime and break-ins. Be aware of your surroundings but don't act oblivious or timid...that's what makes people targets in any country. that's it! Good Luck
~~Harley Q.

I see some people applied through VMCAS. When did you submit and when did you get your interview? I'm wondering if I should call. I'm applying for fall 2016 of it helps. I submitted on the 14th and sent my GRE scores today.

Hey guys! I just checked my email today and was pleasantly surprised with an interview request! I'm excited and super nervous! I'm sure a lot of people ask, but does anyone have any tips for the interview?

I got accepted to the August 2016 vet prep!!! I'm so excited!!!! The other thread seemed dead so I figured I would post here lol. Wow this is crazy. I still have 5 schools to hear from and wouldn't mind going to a U.S. school but no matter what, I got in!!

I got accepted to the August 2016 vet prep!!! I'm so excited!!!! The other thread seemed dead so I figured I would post here lol. Wow this is crazy. I still have 5 schools to hear from and wouldn't mind going to a U.S. school but no matter what, I got in!!

Congrats on your acceptance!! I do have a question for you.. Did they tell you as to why they wanted you to do vet prep first? I am just curious as to why thy recommend some people for vet prep verses the vet school program directly.

Well I graduated in 2008, and have a sub 3.0 GPA, plus my interview had a question "what do you think will be the most difficult part of vet school" and because I didn't want to say "uhh all of it!" I talked about adjusting to being a student again. So for me, vet prep is awesome because I get like a slow warm up haha.

Edit: While I have low stats, I do have 4000+ hours under three vets, 100+ shadow hours and 670 internship hours at Big Cat Rescue. Plus, I just finished the last 2 prereqs I needed and got an A in Physics and a B in Biochemistry. GRE was 151V 143Q, and 149V 147Q

Last edited:
Hey guys! I just checked my email today and was pleasantly surprised with an interview request! I'm excited and super nervous! I'm sure a lot of people ask, but does anyone have any tips for the interview?
Well I graduated in 2008, and have a sub 3.0 GPA, plus my interview had a question "what do you think will be the most difficult part of vet school" and because I didn't want to say "uhh all of it!" I talked about adjusting to being a student again. So for me, vet prep is awesome because I get like a slow warm up haha.

Edit: While I have low stats, I do have 4000+ hours under three vets, 100+ shadow hours and 670 internship hours at Big Cat Rescue. Plus, I just finished the last 2 prereqs I needed and got an A in Physics and a B in Biochemistry. GRE was 151V 143Q, and 149V 147Q

Oh ok that makes sense. That is awesome for you and congrats on pursuing your dream! I graduated in 2009 so I know what its like to go back to school after a few years of being in the "real world" hehe.

My interview is Monday via Skype! Excited :) Hopefully I can say I'll be joining you all on the island in January

I just got the news today- I've been accepted into the January 2016 DVM program!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I just found out I was accepted to the January 2016 Vet Prep program!! So excited! Now to begin the process of moving to a Caribbean island (very nice to think about since it is currently 40 degrees out)!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Officially accepted to the January DVM class!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! I am currently a 2nd, If you have any questions you can tag me or PM me, I know I had A LOT of questions! :)