Ross University Veterinary School January 2016 Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was officially accepted to the January DVM class yesterday! Excited to get started!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everybody! I have my interview coming up soon over skype. Does anybody have advice? What kind of questions do they ask? Is it video or only audio. Im so excited and my mind is racing. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mine was a video Skype and really laid back. We pretty much just went down the list of my PS and academics etc and he just wanted me to elaborate into them. He did ask me what I thought would be the most difficult part of vet school and instead of saying "uhh all of it, duh!" lol I just talked about being out to school for years and island life, but it jumbled me some. Also asked what qualities of the vets I work for I'd want for myself as a vet. Relax and be yourself and you'll do great! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted for May 2016! I know this thread is for January, but the people doing vet prep in January will be starting vet school in the May class, right? Yayyyy classmates!!!!!!!!! :D :) :) So excited!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if it's possible to bring dogs to the island?

Does anyone know if it's possible to bring dogs to the island?
It is, my roomies brought 2 aussies and 1 husky.

You're required to live in the on-campus housing your first semester and animals are not allowed in there so you have to wait until your second semester to bring them down.

It is, my roomies brought 2 aussies and 1 husky.

You're required to live in the on-campus housing your first semester and animals are not allowed in there so you have to wait until your second semester to bring them down.
Thanks! I don't have a dog yet but I found one I love. I'm just trying to decide if I should wait until I get down there or if I can get her now.

Thanks! I don't have a dog yet but I found one I love. I'm just trying to decide if I should wait until I get down there or if I can get her now.

I have heard that everyone comes back with an island dog. You might want to leave your options open for a dog down there who really needs a home.

I was accepted for May 2016! I know this thread is for January, but the people doing vet prep in January will be starting vet school in the May class, right? Yayyyy classmates!!!!!!!!! :D :) :) So excited!!!

I was just accepted to the vet prep program today for January 2016. After passing I will also be starting vet school in May! I've seen a few posts of people getting accepted into the vet prep program, so we will all soon get to know each other soon!

I've been accepted into the January 2016 vet prep too. Maybe we'll be classmates. I'm kind of hoping to get called off the wait list for September too though. Congratulations!

I was just accepted into the January 2016 vet prep program as well!

Hello! I have an interview Monday (YAY). I applied for the September term because my finals are the first week of May, however they have asked me to consider the May term. Has anyone done this? How long will it take to hear back from interview? Also, Ross requires 8 semesters of general or organic chemistry. I currently have Gen Chem 1 and 2 including both labs and organic 1 with organic 1 and 2 labs. Would I be ok with dropping Ochem2?

Congrats on your interview! I am in the May semester and inerviewed back in November. I actually heard back with my acceptance the same day, but typically I think it takes up to 2 weeks to hear back. You definitely need organic 2 and biochem as well (not sure how your school does it, but at mine organic 2 was a pre req for biochem).

Congrats on your interview! I am in the May semester and inerviewed back in November. I actually heard back with my acceptance the same day, but typically I think it takes up to 2 weeks to hear back. You definitely need organic 2 and biochem as well (not sure how your school does it, but at mine organic 2 was a pre req for biochem).
Awesome! Congrats to you too! I have already taken biochem (was hoping that I could save some hassle and drop Organic 2 since Ross doesn't require it)