Ross University Veterinary School - September 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Everyone-

I applied with VMCAS and my application was verified in October, my Ross application was complete in December once Fall grades were in and I was notified to interview late December, interviewed January 23rd, and have not heard back yet. My interviewer said it could take up to six weeks because the admissions committee was so focused on the May class right now, but having been almost 5 weeks I am incredibly anxious and nervous! Some positive news this application cycle would be nice. I am on 2 waitlists so I'm not sure what to do about Ross either I guess if I am accepted? I will more than likely wait until it has been a full six weeks from my interview to drop someone an e-mail or phone call just to be on the safe side. *Just freaking out a little here!*

Members don't see this ad.

Also- if anyone is on instagram I look at the hastag #RUSVM daily, it has been a cool way to see what students lives are like while they are in school there. I am honestly hoping, wishing, praying I get into Ross because I think the island life and culture would be an experience of a life time. I am trying to keep a positive attitude about everything so far, but it has been a very long & anxious application cycle!

Last edited:
Question- Are they still in the process of reviewing applications and inviting people to interviews for the September class for Ross? If anyone has any insight, I would love to know! Thanks!

I would say yes, I know of a girl who applied for the September 2014 class in April and was accepted in May!

Members don't see this ad :)
@aw53 I know exactly how you feel. I am on one waitlist and ross is pretty much my last hope at this point although I would be more than happy to go there. They have a great program. My grades and GRE are pretty low so I'm hoping my interviewer saw something in me. It has only been a week since my interview and I'm already going insane so I can't imagine waiting 6 weeks! My interviewer said it would be 3-4 weeks so I'm hoping it's not much longer than that. We'll see!

@aw53 I know exactly how you feel. I am on one waitlist and ross is pretty much my last hope at this point although I would be more than happy to go there. They have a great program. My grades and GRE are pretty low so I'm hoping my interviewer saw something in me. It has only been a week since my interview and I'm already going insane so I can't imagine waiting 6 weeks! My interviewer said it would be 3-4 weeks so I'm hoping it's not much longer than that. We'll see!

Ross is the last school I am waiting to hear from but I honestly would 100% love to go there and I really like the idea of trimesters to get the ball rolling. I love to travel and have always wanted to step out of my comfort zones. I'm curious what their selection criteria for vet prep is? I have a pretty average GPA and GRE cumulative wise bc I had a not so pretty semester as a freshman but since then I've maintained a steady 3.5-3.7 which makes it very frustrating that other schools aren't looking past one bad semester that I've bounced back from. Was your interview over Skype or in person? Mine was over Skype because the weather was crappy.

Last edited:
Just withdrew my seat for the RUSVM September 2015 Class, I hope the spot goes to a fellow sdner!

Ross is the last school I am waiting to hear from but I honestly would 100% love to go there and I really like the idea of trimesters to get the ball rolling. I love to travel and have always wanted to step out of my comfort zones. I'm curious what their selection criteria for vet prep is? I have a pretty average GPA and GRE cumulative wise bc I had a not so pretty semester as a freshman but since then I've maintained a steady 3.5-3.7 which makes it very frustrating that other schools aren't looking past one bad semester that I've bounced back from. Was your interview over Skype or in person? Mine was over Skype because the weather was crappy.
Yeah mine was over Skype. I really want to get in. I looked at #RUSVM it makes me want to go there even more now!

I received an interview today!!:) It is over Skype and I've never done a Skype interview. Anyone have any advice?

I received an interview today!!:) It is over Skype and I've never done a Skype interview. Anyone have any advice?

Just be yourself and talk confidently and smile! Mine was super relaxed. I dressed professionally even though it was Skype and she only saw basically my shoulders and above but I felt more "interview-ish" in my professional dress I also had a second laptop open next to it with my CV and a copy of some stuff from my application so I could reference anything if she asked but I never actually needed it. She basically went right off my application and CV and we discussed a lot of points on those and that was about it! Good luck! :)

Is anyone going to the new student orientation/ meet-and-greet in April in LA, California?:) Would love to meet some new, fellow students!

Accepted for September 2015!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Officially attending Ross in September! :soexcited: Looking forward to getting to know everyone:claps:For those of you who already attend and read this thread...any advice for preparation? o_O

Reactions: 2 users
I had a phone interview on 2/11 and I was told that I would hear back the result in about 3 weeks. I haven't heard anything yet, but I am wondering if anyone had the interview around the same time heard anything back yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone going to the new student orientation/ meet-and-greet in April in LA, California?:) Would love to meet some new, fellow students!

Haven't heard about my status quite yet. But if I'm in then I definitely will be going! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I had a phone interview on 2/11 and I was told that I would hear back the result in about 3 weeks. I haven't heard anything yet, but I am wondering if anyone had the interview around the same time heard anything back yet.
I had mine 2/16 so it will be exactly 3 weeks this Monday. Still haven't heard anything :/

So is anyone else having any trouble deciding what kind of laptop to get? I can't make up my mind, leaning towards MacBook Air. Anyone have any input?

I have my interview this Tuesday in Cherry Hill and was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice?! From what I have read, it seems like they are pretty straight forward, but did anyone get a really random/difficult question?

I have my interview this Tuesday in Cherry Hill and was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice?! From what I have read, it seems like they are pretty straight forward, but did anyone get a really random/difficult question?
Not really any mind boggling questions...it was more of a conversation. They definitely have gone through your whole application prior to your interview and may ask about specifics from your experiences and difficulties you had with certain classes or the GRE. Also, have a few questions prepared to ask the interviewer. I was nervous for mine but it ended up being the best and most enjoyable out of the interviews I had. Best of luck to you!:)

Reactions: 1 user
I had mine 2/16 so it will be exactly 3 weeks this Monday. Still haven't heard anything :/
I know they are focusing on filling the May 2015 class, so sit tight! They may be prioritizing those individuals, which is in turn delaying their decision for those who have applied for Sept. 2015.

So is anyone else having any trouble deciding what kind of laptop to get? I can't make up my mind, leaning towards MacBook Air. Anyone have any input?
I haven't looked at what's on the market yet and I am due for a New laptop... but I did read the page on the Ross website that gives the details of what they recommend when buying a new computer for school. I'm more of a PC person, but the MacBook Air looks like a good choice if you prefer Mac's.

Hello all, I will be withdrawing my seat for the September 2015 start. Good luck to you all!

I got an email yesterday saying I have been accepted to Sep 2015 class! I thought it was another rejection letter ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone that was accepted! I had my interview Feb 13th so today makes a month. Still haven't heard anything. :(
Hoping to hear something soon!!

Has anyone else heard anything recently? Acceptance or rejection? It's been exactly 4 weeks for me and I'm going crazy!!

Congrats to everyone that was accepted! I had my interview Feb 13th so today makes a month. Still haven't heard anything. :(
Hoping to hear something soon!!

Hey just curious if you have heard anything yet?? I interviewed 2/16 and still nothing

Hi there all! I just had my interview over the phone last Thursday (March 12th) :) The interview went really well and literally did feel just like a conversation! In fact, the interviewer and I ended up laughing together like old college buddies... Haha. But anyways, don't let the interview intimidate you! It was the first interview I've ever done for vet school and couldn't be more happy with my experience.

A kind of interesting question I was asked had to do with the film Blackfish and where I stand in regards to captive orcas and that entire situation. I was probably asked that because in my app I expressed my desire to conduct research in the world of captive animal welfare. But yeah! I actually loved the question and it made me feel as though the interviewer cared about me as an individual.

But anyways, it's lovely to meet you all and to reach out to you guys in a crazy time such as this! I'm not sure what I'll do if I get accepted, but I'm just taking it one day at a time :)

To those of you waiting to hear after your interview... relax. I was told "3-4 weeks" after my interview that I would find out and it ended up actually being more like 8 weeks.

Hey does anyone know if Ross discloses whether or not your are interviewing for immediate matriculation or for vet prep prior to the interview? Or do they just not tell you until you are notified post interview?

Hey does anyone know if Ross discloses whether or not your are interviewing for immediate matriculation or for vet prep prior to the interview? Or do they just not tell you until you are notified post interview?
I don't think they tell you beforehand, I think that is decided by the admissions maybe after the interview? I wasn't told one way or another before/during my interview. When I got my acceptance call she said specifically september 2015 veterinary class!

For anyone who has been accepted & is planning to go....Has anyone booked a flight yet? I'm planning to leave home august 29 [saturday] and come back Dec. 18 [friday]. I know finals are done Dec. 17 but I figured with having to move from dorm to apartment I may want that evening? I just wanted to see what anyone else thought about booking dates to leave the island for christmas break? If anyone thinks maybe I should wait until Dec. 19 to assure I have plenty of time to move? Kind of worried to book a specific return date

For anyone who has been accepted & is planning to go....Has anyone booked a flight yet? I'm planning to leave home august 29 [saturday] and come back Dec. 18 [friday]. I know finals are done Dec. 17 but I figured with having to move from dorm to apartment I may want that evening? I just wanted to see what anyone else thought about booking dates to leave the island for christmas break? If anyone thinks maybe I should wait until Dec. 19 to assure I have plenty of time to move? Kind of worried to book a specific return date
I haven't booked mine yet..I was going to wait until I talk to folks at the meet-and-greet in L.A. at the beginning of April. Are you going to that?

I'm flying from Seattle most likely. With so many flights/layover to St. Kitts from here, I may leave Friday the 28th (arriving Saturday afternoon)...and come home the 18th or 19th of Dec. Coming home for break is a tough call without knowing how much time we'll need to move out of the dorms and into a new place. Are you planning on buying a car?

Is there also an interview for Vet Prep?
You don't apply specifically for Vet Prep so if you are granted an interview technically it is for a spot in the regular class but then depending on your interview and other parts of your application, they may decide vet prep is better for you.

I received my rejection letter in the mail today from Ross. This is the 3rd time I apply to Vet school and the 3rd rejection I get.

Back to the drawing board.

I received my rejection letter in the mail today from Ross. This is the 3rd time I apply to Vet school and the 3rd rejection I get.

Back to the drawing board.

I am really sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking you a few questions? Have you applied to Ross before? Did you have an interview with them? Also do you mind sharing your stats? You can PM me if you like. I am trying to get a sense of where I stand. I interviewed with them 5 weeks ago and still waiting....

Hello all! Just now finding this thread. I've applied to 6 schools this year and got an interview at Ross and Tuskegee. I just got my rejection letter from Tuskegee but waiting to hear from Ross still! My interview was 02/16 and I still haven't heard anything. I don't know if this is good or bad?! She said it would be at least 5 weeks, which that was marked yesterday...hopefully any day now.

Hello all! Just now finding this thread. I've applied to 6 schools this year and got an interview at Ross and Tuskegee. I just got my rejection letter from Tuskegee but waiting to hear from Ross still! My interview was 02/16 and I still haven't heard anything. I don't know if this is good or bad?! She said it would be at least 5 weeks, which that was marked yesterday...hopefully any day now.

I also had my interview 2/16 and am still waiting. From here it sounds like a lot of people wait awhile even up to 8 weeks before being accepted so I'm just trying to remain positive. I'm also thinking that if our interviews went horribly we would have been outright rejected right away so I'm thinking no news might be good news? Let me know if you hear something! I hope we both hear soon! Also I was told 3-4 weeks so at this point in going crazy!

Accepted for September class!! I'm still in shock I can't believe it!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!! :) I'm still in shock too and I've known since Dec. haha. Looking forward to getting to know you and everyone else!

Yes I have an incredibly low gpa and gre but they're giving me a chance. I'm kinda in shock that I didn't just get into vet prep. I'm sooo excited to work my butt off and prove that they made the right decision!

I just got an e-mail saying my application was verified and completed and that they will be contacting me shortly. I applied in October! WTH

I got an acceptance for vet prep for September but an extended offer for this May for direct matriculation! Omg that's like so soon! What do you guys think???

I got an acceptance for vet prep for September but an extended offer for this May for direct matriculation! Omg that's like so soon! What do you guys think???

Yeah they offered me a seat in the may class too but it was just too soon for me plus I'm taking classes that end end of April. But if you think you can get everything done in time I say go for it! I think vet prep is an awesome opportunity but the thing that worries me is the $$$.

Yeah they offered me a seat in the may class too but it was just too soon for me plus I'm taking classes that end end of April. But if you think you can get everything done in time I say go for it! I think vet prep is an awesome opportunity but the thing that worries me is the $$$.
Agreed! It was a time and money decision for me. I was originally accepted for Sept. but they've asked me if I'd prefer to start earlier in May. Congrats to everyone who has gotten acceptances!