Ross University Veterinary School - September 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello I recently found this site and forum and realized too late I shouldn't fly LIAT but it's okay I'll know for next time . I was accepted to the Vet Prep program for the fall program. Did anyone receive the welcome packet yet? If so is that where the paperwork is for dorming options ?

I haven't received my welcome packet yet but yes, housing options is suppose to be part of it!

Members don't see this ad.

As far as school supplies are you bringing anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am here right now for vet prep. I will be in your green semester once you all come for semester. I know it's a bunch of crap to get sorted through but don't worry. It will all be fine. You will love it here! Don't be intimidated about the island and things you have heard, it's a awesome place! Join the Facebook group! If isha hasn't emailed you about it yet she will soon. If you have questions fb me. Name is Stan Soehnlen. Excited to me you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately living on campus is only an option for the first semester. Then you'll need to find off campus housing. Trust me though...I was itching to move off campus and it's a lot cheaper!

Thanks! How are the off-campus housing options? Cost compared to dorm living? Availability? Proximity to the campus (I'm hoping not to purchase a car at all while I'm down there).

Reactions: 1 user
As far as school supplies are you bringing anything?

I probably bring some basic desk appliances like I have a small little stapler and such...basically things I already have that won't take up too much space. I probably also bring several notebooks and binders. Gonna keep it light as possible though.

When are we getting our welcome packet??? I am getting anxious.

you can buy pens/pencils etc here. but bring some good five star notebooks, getting a good notebook here is hard

When are we getting our welcome packet??? I am getting anxious.
My student coordinator is Beverly and when I talked to her this week she said they sent out materials last Friday so we should be getting them by the end of this week. She also emailed me a welcome packet and new student brochure last week, but that didn't have the housing application and visa paperwork in it. I'm assuming the housing application and visa paperwork is coming in whatever was sent out last Friday. I also got an email the other night to log in to MyRoss...that is where we will register for classes, see our financial aid offer..a student portal of sorts.

My student coordinator is Beverly and when I talked to her this week she said they sent out materials last Friday so we should be getting them by the end of this week. She also emailed me a welcome packet and new student brochure last week, but that didn't have the housing application and visa paperwork in it. I'm assuming the housing application and visa paperwork is coming in whatever was sent out last Friday. I also got an email the other night to log in to MyRoss...that is where we will register for classes, see our financial aid offer..a student portal of sorts.
I haven't recieved any emails from my student coordinator in months, should I email him? Should I be concerned that I haven't heard from him?

Hey guys!!! Just found out I was accepted!!!! I'm crazy excited. I am super excited to live on the island- I'm not worried about adjusting. The only thing I'm worried about is finances. I just had surgery the other day so I'm out of work for two weeks and just had to pay my car, car insurance, and bill for an online class and then got the acceptance and now can't afford the deposit. Started a GoFundMe and have begged relatives. A coworker of mine offered to lend me the money thank God. If anyone has tips on financing stuff and cost of living on the island I'm all ears! The only thing other than finances I'm worried about is finding somewhere to go with my animals. I have three cats, a german shepherd, and a gecko. My best friend is keeping my gecko but I have no one willing to keep my cats or dogs for the first semester and my understanding is its gonna be hard for me to bring down more than 2 animals :/ Basically if anyone has any tips for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm kind of in panic mode. So happy I got accepted though <3 Hi future classmates!!

Hey guys!!! Just found out I was accepted!!!! I'm crazy excited. I am super excited to live on the island- I'm not worried about adjusting. The only thing I'm worried about is finances. I just had surgery the other day so I'm out of work for two weeks and just had to pay my car, car insurance, and bill for an online class and then got the acceptance and now can't afford the deposit. Started a GoFundMe and have begged relatives. A coworker of mine offered to lend me the money thank God. If anyone has tips on financing stuff and cost of living on the island I'm all ears! The only thing other than finances I'm worried about is finding somewhere to go with my animals. I have three cats, a german shepherd, and a gecko. My best friend is keeping my gecko but I have no one willing to keep my cats or dogs for the first semester and my understanding is its gonna be hard for me to bring down more than 2 animals :/ Basically if anyone has any tips for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm kind of in panic mode. So happy I got accepted though <3 Hi future classmates!!

I'm looking for a way to bring my cat and pug mix with me. Given that we will fly in during the summer I'm having a hard time finding any thing since they can't fly in cargo during the summer. So I'd also be grateful for any advice in this area. And I will let you know if I find a good option.

I was just accepted into the VetPrep program! I am so ecstatic but very sad to be leaving my boyfriend. I can't wait to meet all of you! Here's to our next adventure!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all the new future Rossies! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM! I just got to the Island in April and I'll be glad to help you :) Congrats again! You guys will love it!

Reactions: 2 users
I'll be turning down my seat in the class. I was super excited to attend RUSVM but I got accepted into a school closer to home. Even though living on an island and attending Ross would be an amazing experience I am so glad to be closer to my mom who is undergoing chemo at the time. I hope you guys have an amazing adventure at Ross!

I'll be turning down my seat in the class. I was super excited to attend RUSVM but I got accepted into a school closer to home. Even though living on an island and attending Ross would be an amazing experience I am so glad to be closer to my mom who is undergoing chemo at the time. I hope you guys have an amazing adventure at Ross!

I'm just curious where were you accepted? Congratulations!

I really hope your mom gets and feels better. Congrats on your new adventure!

I really hope your mom gets and feels better. Congrats on your new adventure!
Thanks, I hope you guys have an amazing adventure, slightly jealous of the temperatures y'all will have, I hate the cold ha.

I haven't recieved any emails from my student coordinator in months, should I email him? Should I be concerned that I haven't heard from him?[/QUOT

I see from later comments that you were accepted elsewhere. Glad you can be closer to your mom and still attend school! Congrats!

Hi guys, I'm curious to know about phone service over in St. Kitts. Does anyone know if it is enough to add an international plan to our current plan with our cell carrier, just use skype to communicate with our friends or family??

Does anyone know about the textbooks? I thought they were all ebooks but they have Histology on the list of required items for Semester 1. Also, any recommendations on whether or not to get the optional books or other items? Do we have to buy the things listed under Medical supplieslike the surgery gown for semester 1?

Does anyone know about the textbooks? I thought they were all ebooks but they have Histology on the list of required items for Semester 1. Also, any recommendations on whether or not to get the optional books or other items? Do we have to buy the things listed under Medical supplieslike the surgery gown for semester 1?
Upper semester students will be selling the Histology textbook like crazy at the beginning of the semester. That's where I have gotten every single one of my textbooks so far. It's up to you if you get the supplemental books...I'm not really a person who likes to study from textbooks and I've done fine not looking at hardly any. But if you like clarifying things and getting further in depth with the material, it may be beneficial. The curriculum has changed since I've been in 1st semester but typically anything on the medical supply list they provide, you do use at some point in time. I didn't use a surgical gown in 1st semester but things have probably changed.

At the L.A. connections evwent we were told that T Mobile and Sprint have international plans that work there..for some reason they did not advise to keep Verizon or AT&T. Apparently there are also phones in either the common areas or in the individual living quarters that you can use. They also advised that WhatsApp, Skype, or Facebook video messaging are also good ways to communicate.

Are you sure that list of required and optional materials has been updated for Fall 2015 semester? It may have changed as I believe the curriculum is changing a bit and they haven't posted an updated book list according to my student coordinator.

Has anyone gotten anything via snail mail yet?? Like housing app. and visa info??:whistle:

Has anyone gotten anything via snail mail yet?? Like housing app. and visa info??:whistle:
I haven't gotten anything by snail mail but I did receive an email with a link to the on campus housing application. I just filled it out and submitted it.

everyone if you haven't already join the RUSVM class of 2019 Facebook page. if you are vet prep join the RUSVM class of 2019 (vet preppers) page. you will get a lot of helpful info on there!

I can't find either Facebook page. Could d someone post a link? I was just accepted into the vet prep program for September. Yay!!!

Isha at Ross will add you to the semester pages when they are ready.

I am currently at Ross in 1st semester - if any of you are looking for off campus housing I will have something within walking distance opening up in August :)

Hi everyone! I had my SKYPE interview today and applied for September 2015 class. According to the person interviewing me, she said that as of now, Sept class is full but that they don't close the waitlist until the end of July. She told me I would find out an answer within "the next 4 weeks". I'm hoping it's relatively soon! I am feeling a bit uneasy about how my interview went, did any of you that were accepted feel this way after your interview?? My interview also ended up being an hour long :nailbiting:

Hi everyone! I had my SKYPE interview today and applied for September 2015 class. According to the person interviewing me, she said that as of now, Sept class is full but that they don't close the waitlist until the end of July. She told me I would find out an answer within "the next 4 weeks". I'm hoping it's relatively soon! I am feeling a bit uneasy about how my interview went, did any of you that were accepted feel this way after your interview?? My interview also ended up being an hour long :nailbiting:

Congrats! I did the same thing last month! I waited 3 weeks and 3 days and I got a phone call of acceptance! I know you get the same thing. I felt uneasy after my interview and analyzed every word I said, but don't waste your time and keep busy! My interview was 55 minutes long! I was wait listed for the sept 2015 class and guaranteed a seat for jan 2016. I told my boss since I work full time and he offered me a raised and said stay and train the new employees, plus you can save more. So I emailed my new student coordinated to get off the waitlist. SO less stressed now. Hope to see you in Jan 2016!

Hello I'm new here in the forum congratulations to all who have been accepted to ROSS! I'm currently working on my application for the january 2016 class since i think september 2015 must be full by now... I'm stuck with the 300 word essay I have so much i have written for the essay but It' been difficult to narrow it down to 3oo words. Does anyone have an outline or an example essay available to have an idea of what is really important for the app essay. Thanks!

I'm currently working with my 300 word application essay for RUSVM but i'm having difficulties narrowing down the essay to only 300 words. Does anyone currently accepted to RUSVM have some kind of outline of their essay that I could use as a guide. Thanks!

Congrats! I did the same thing last month! I waited 3 weeks and 3 days and I got a phone call of acceptance! I know you get the same thing. I felt uneasy after my interview and analyzed every word I said, but don't waste your time and keep busy! My interview was 55 minutes long! I was wait listed for the sept 2015 class and guaranteed a seat for jan 2016. I told my boss since I work full time and he offered me a raised and said stay and train the new employees, plus you can save more. So I emailed my new student coordinated to get off the waitlist. SO less stressed now. Hope to see you in Jan 2016!

So glad someone else can relate! I have a feeling if I am accepted there will be no way to get off the wait list by end of July. I haven't heard anything yet and it will be 2 weeks since my interview tomorrow... So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Hi guys, so I emailed the senior admissions advisor and asked when all of our documents were due (health certificate/police letter etc. ) and she told me they were due July 1st. Was there an email I missed about the due date? I haven't even gotten the immigration letter in the mail yet. Did you all mail in your documents already? Oh and has anyone received anything about financial aid?