Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't give up! Complete in July and then i got my ii in the beginning of December. Scheduled the interview for the week after. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Don't give up! Complete in July and then i got my ii in the beginning of December. Scheduled the interview for the week after. :)

Do you mind sharing your stats? Are you IS ? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone! i have a quick question- i was accepted a couple of weeks ago :) ... i am still waiting on my acceptance package....for those of you who were accepted did it take a while for you to receive the acceptance package from rowan som??

Interviewed 12/11 (second year interviewing), acceptance call on Friday! I AM ECSTATIC.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of us still anxiously awaiting an II.... Does anyone know how late their interview season goes until? Does it end in March or April? Thanks!

Bumping this. I'm curious as well.
I've received an ii from UNECOM so I'm assuming I should be hearing back from the rest of my submission relatively soon?
(By "soon" I'm referring to end of January)

Hello SDN,

Got the ii earlier today. Should I go to the campus tour January 6th and have my interview soon after, or should I have my interview as soon as possible because the class is filling up? Thank you!

Interview invite today via phone. 3.4/3.4 - 29 - IS
Excited!!

Hello SDN,

Got the ii earlier today. Should I go to the campus tour January 6th and have my interview soon after, or should I have my interview as soon as possible because the class is filling up? Thank you!
You'll have a tour on the day of your interview. Go ahead and schedule the interview date ASAP

how full is this class? if i interview in February and am i at a huge disadvantage?

how full is this class? if i interview in February and am i at a huge disadvantage?
Try to schedule ASAP, if you have the option of dates. They don't interview just anyone so getting an interview means something. I haven't checked in recently to know exact numbers on how full the class is but if you're interested in attending come to the interview. Any other questions PM me.

I don't check the thread too often, but if any of you questions about the school or admissions, feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure that it's a reflection of how full the class is, (as a matter of fact it mostly likely isn't,) but the Facebook group is still just under 40 members. I'm sure plenty of people in the class aren't on Facebook or perhaps in this thread though! Congrats to those who've been accepted; come join the group and chat with us! :) Happy New Year everyone!

It pains me to do this, but I withdrew from this school. I got accepted to Nova, so I will be going there. Rowan is a great school, but I'm just looking to get out of Jersey ;)

Hey all,

Can anyone that attends RowanSOM give any input on their general impressions of the program? I got accepted awhile back, put in my deposit, but am debating other options. I'm most interested in how you feel about the quality of your education, what your professors are like, and the social atmosphere of the school. I had a good impression from my interview and intend to visit again (shadow a student maybe?). Any extra insights in the meantime would be much appreciated!!

Hey all,

Can anyone that attends RowanSOM give any input on their general impressions of the program? I got accepted awhile back, put in my deposit, but am debating other options. I'm most interested in how you feel about the quality of your education, what your professors are like, and the social atmosphere of the school. I had a good impression from my interview and intend to visit again (shadow a student maybe?). Any extra insights in the meantime would be much appreciated!!
Contact admissions to shadow a 1st year. There are a lot of positive changes coming for pre-clinical years. If you have specific questions PM me.

It pains me to do this, but I withdrew from this school. I got accepted to Nova, so I will be going there. Rowan is a great school, but I'm just looking to get out of Jersey ;)

That's hilarious, I gave up my seat at Nova to get out of south Florida hahah. Hoping to hear back from Rowan soon!

That's hilarious, I gave up my seat at Nova to get out of south Florida hahah. Hoping to hear back from Rowan soon!

lmao, different strokes for different folks ;)

So I've been "complete" at a few schools that have a way to check online, and have been granted interviews, etc. but nothing from RowanSOM. Called this morning to check if there was anyway I could send my Fall semester grades and if they had received my DO letter, which they confirmed they did. Later, at 10pm, I got an email CONFIRMING I was complete. SO CALL TO CHECK YOUR STATUS!!! Doesn't hurt and the admissions staff is extremely nice. Hoping for an II soon.

Hello, current student at the school!

Hey all,

As suggested contact the admissions department that you are interested in shadowing a student for the day. The school does have arrangements for this. You will be able to answer all your questions, and really see what a day at RowanSOM is like. You get a better idea of the school from this than the tour given on your interview day.

Anybody who interviewed on 12/20 before the holidays hear back yet? The wait has become agonizing and I dont want to submit my deposit to another school if I got in hear.

Anybody who interviewed on 12/20 before the holidays hear back yet? The wait has become agonizing and I dont want to submit my deposit to another school if I got in hear.
I interviewed on December 19th and I called yesterday to find out when I should expect to hear. The woman on the phone told me that I will be reviewed on January 17th and should expect to hear soon after that.

I interviewed on December 19th and I called yesterday to find out when I should expect to hear. The woman on the phone told me that I will be reviewed on January 17th and should expect to hear soon after that.
Thank you! I don't have to anxiously hug my cell phone now lol

Everyone who had interviewed in the end of December was probably supposed to hear (if they got in) on Friday 1/3. However, the campus was closed that day due to the snow, so the 17th would be the next meeting.

Hey I'm OOS and just received a complete email after submitting my app way back in July

Not sure that it's a reflection of how full the class is, (as a matter of fact it mostly likely isn't,) but the Facebook group is still just under 40 members. I'm sure plenty of people in the class aren't on Facebook or perhaps in this thread though! Congrats to those who've been accepted; come join the group and chat with us! :) Happy New Year everyone!
Also, the FB group is about 50% current first years.

Withdrew my acceptance at Rowan. Good luck to everyone!

Interview invite yesterday! Very excited, this school is my top choice as an NJ resident and hopeful DO! Sent my app back in October!

Went complete October 17th and just got an interview invite today, October 23rd.Man, they move fast! Scheduled to interview November 1st. Anyone have an idea of what percentage of interviewed applicants actually get accepted? I'm IS if it matters.

So....you received two invites to interview??

Reactions: 3 users
So....you received two invites to interview??

It's a bit embarrassing but my first post was when I received an interview invite at Cooper. At that time I didn't realize Rowan SOM and Cooper were two different schools. I recently received an II at Rowan SOM. So technically I did receive two invites to interview but they were at two different schools!

If you have any idea what percentage of interviewees at Rowan SOM are eventually accepted I'd love to hear!

So the admissions committee met today and I didn't get a call. Does this basically mean I'm waitlist/rejected? I'm curious cuz if so ill prob submit most of my deposits for other schools I have acceptances to

ACCEPTED today!!! 4:30PM, DM me if you need anything!

Interviewed on Thursday, January 16.
ACCEPTED on Friday, January 17 at 4PM!!

I can't believe I received an acceptance ONE DAY after my interview! I'm so excited, my interviewer really made me interested in the school.

I can't believe I received an acceptance ONE DAY after my interview! I'm so excited, my interviewer really made me interested in the school.

Who was your interviewer?

So the admissions committee met today and I didn't get a call. Does this basically mean I'm waitlist/rejected? I'm curious cuz if so ill prob submit most of my deposits for other schools I have acceptances to
Give it a little more time.
FYI they don't reject anybody right away. They will place you on the waitlist if you don't hear anything by next week.

FYI they don't reject anybody right away. They will place you on the waitlist if you don't hear anything by next week.

To add onto this. Being on the waitlist isn't a death sentence. Keep up the faith

Yes waitlist is a possibility, however this years application cycle DOES include post-interview rejections. I'm not saying lose hope but I want applicants to have accurate information.

Sounds like you interviewed the day before a committee interview

For those who may be interested in the local Kosher community at different levels and would like to connect, feel free to PM. A current first-year.

II this morning for Feb. 6th. Complete Jan.6th, sent in secondary around October. KEEP THE FAITH PEOPLE!

Hey first & second years - any idea when accepted students day is? When is a good time to start apartment & roommate hunting? thanks!