Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To answer my own question, I emailed April and she told me that they are aiming to email out the letters on 1/5. They are waiting to find out who they are going to require to attend the Pre-Matric program before classes start so they can include that in our letters.
just a heads up - check your mail. Acceptance letters were mailed out over the weekend :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an II. OOS, 3.7 cGPA, 3.55 sGPA, 27, 32 retake. Funny because I thought that they didn't end up accepting one of my letters and that I was never complete..

Edit: is getting IS residency and tuition possible after the first year?
When were you complete ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Really hoping I get accepted here. Interviewed 12/29. Good luck everyone, and congrats on those that already got in!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure if they called or even met today. Has anyone heard anything?

I'm not sure if they called or even met today. Has anyone heard anything?

Its possible they met today and wont call until Monday. I believe that I have seen people post here on the monday after a meeting in the past, but I would have to go back through and see to confirm.

I stand by my previous comment, acceptances for all :D! You gotta stay optimistic until the very end.

Accepted! Got the call yesterday at ~5:30 PM. This was after my second interview (wait listed last year). Erin Michel called me briefly and from what she said it sounded like they got done late and there were going to be more calls placed on Monday offering spots so don't give up hope if you haven't heard yet!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Got the call yesterday at ~5:30 PM. This was after my second interview (wait listed last year). Erin Michel called me briefly and from what she said it sounded like they got done late and there were going to be more calls placed on Monday offering spots so don't give up hope if you haven't heard yet!
Congrats

Did anyone else have all the stuff that was listed in the "Document Status" section suddenly disappear on the portal? I had a bunch of LORs, etc that were listed by name and they were all gone when I checked today. I guess I'll call them Monday about it but was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else have all the stuff that was listed in the "Document Status" section suddenly disappear on the portal? I had a bunch of LORs, etc that were listed by name and they were all gone when I checked today. I guess I'll call them Monday about it but was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else.

I just uploaded a file on Thursday and checked now--> It's still there.

I just checked my portal and I don't have anything listed under Document Status either. However, it's been a few weeks since I've checked it, so I'm not sure how long it has been missing... but I definitely did have items listed there before.

I just uploaded a file on Thursday and checked now--> It's still there.

Oh yea I forgot to say this occurred a day or so after uploading a file to the portal dropbox.

I just checked my portal and I don't have anything listed under Document Status either. However, it's been a few weeks since I've checked it, so I'm not sure how long it has been missing... but I definitely did have items listed there before.

Hmm ok looks like it is not just me then. Did you upload a file to the portal too?
I HIGHLY doubt the actual letters are no longer with the admissions department, but just thought it was weird they suddenly disappeared.

Could this have anything to do with your application status? Have you both been accepted/ii/primary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm ok looks like it is not just me then. Did you upload a file to the portal too?
I HIGHLY doubt the actual letters are no longer with the admissions department, but just thought it was weird they suddenly disappeared.

I did not upload anything to the portal. I haven't been on the portal in a few weeks...

Could this have anything to do with your application status? Have you both been accepted/ii/primary?

I haven't received an interview invite. My last communication from them was 11 Nov... an email saying thank you for submitting a secondary. I remember having a problem with the portal before though... even though all my letters of recommendation were listed under Document Status, I still didn't have the green check mark next to Letters of Recommendation under the Applicant Status section. I called and they checked it off for me, but I haven't received any other communication from them.

I've been complete since mid September and still haven't heard anything.....

Have any 12/29 interviewees received an acceptance call? Or do you think that interview date was too late to make it into a 1/9 committee meeting?

It looks like the stuff under Document Status came back on. It must have been just a glitch :(

I was also interviewed on 12/29, really hoping to hear back today!

We got another 3-4 hours for them to make the calls so I'm not too worried yet. Keep strong, we all got this!

Wondering where all my 12/19 friends are at though haha. Everyone here seems to be 12/29. Was told that we were clumped together with last Fridays committee meeting.

I take it no one has heard anything?

Edit: it's going to be okay guys.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would not worry much about it. I doubt that the issue has anything to do with your standing. My Virtual Eval went missing yesterday and has been back up today. I assume that it has something to do with their system being a little funky seeing how this is their first year using it.

For those that have been waiting since August and September, I would not worry about it too much. I believe their interview schedule is like many other schools where they prioritize higher GPA/MCAT interviews first and work their way down. The catch is that they started a month or two behind schedule. So you will be chosen for an interview and given your chance, don't sweat it. Let your personality shine through in the interview and you will likely take a slot from those 34 MCAT'ers. Because your awesome, duh. I would expect a mass of people posting soon that II's went out again. So keep in there!

As for us post-interviewers Id say we got another day to wait, which is fine. It's possible that they did the calls today but we cannot know without getting that waitlist letter or seeing someone here post that the calls went out. It will be fine :D

Are II decisions typically made when the Admissions committee meets? I've been complete here since late October, and I have interviews elsewhere but this is my top choice.

I imagine somewhere someplace an ornithologist is tracking the abnormal migration of a murder of ravens. Those silly acceptance and II ravens...

Black, at this point we're waiting for the 1/23 committee meeting?

Black, at this point we're waiting for the 1/23 committee meeting?

I can't say when, but it's possible. It could even be this Friday but I'm at the point where it will happen when it happens. All I can do is prepare for my other interviews. Not that I'm not excited for other schools, but I'd drop the interviews in a heartbeat for Rowan.

Good news is coming. Brace yourselves :D

For those anxiously waiting, I interviewed on Jan 9th and was told by the admins staff that they meet this Friday. Don't know if I was told wrong since they said they only meet bimonthly, but hopefully we all get some good news!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the updates. This process is so nerve wracking. Can't wait for it to just be over!!

Reactions: 3 users
All documents are showing for me. Complete since October 14th. No interview invite yet.

Interviewed today - absolutely loved the school! Anyone who interviewed today - what was the name of the women that initially welcomed us and showed us the video?

Interviewed today - absolutely loved the school! Anyone who interviewed today - what was the name of the women that initially welcomed us and showed us the video?
Check the school website. There should be photos of each admins staff. It's very likely Erin or April.

To those that have been accepted, can you share your stats?

So I think it's safe to assume that if we interviewed on or before 12/29 and don't get a call by Monday that there's a waitlist or rejection letter in the mail?

So I think it's safe to assume that if we interviewed on or before 12/29 and don't get a call by Monday that there's a waitlist or rejection letter in the mail?
Not until people who have interviewed after you start getting calls.

Today they said that they are meeting tomorrow so some of you should be getting calls tomorrow night!

Never give up nor surrender until you have that waitlist letter in your hand! (Even then, you still don't give up. Just get back up and try again). Besides, sometimes they get overwhelmed in the office and cannot include everyone from an interview group so you never really know.

Last edited: