Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the dates listed below are correct:
8/2, Sunday- white coat ceremony
8/3-8/7, Monday to Friday- orientation
8/10, Monday- classes begin

Members don't see this ad.

This is correct! That is all the info I've gotten in emails etc. and pre-matric is 6/22-7/24 for anyone who will be participating in that too!

Does anyone have access to their student email account yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks ill correct.

Just got an email that hold list applicants are guaranteed acceptance for the 2016 class if we do not gain admission to the 2015 class. I am beyond ecstatic right now! Submitting my deposit ASAP.

@paramore0909

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email that hold list applicants are guaranteed acceptance for the 2016 class if we do not gain admission to the 2015 class. I am beyond ecstatic right now! Submitting my deposit ASAP.

@paramore0909

looks like you don't need to submit a deposit until August just in case you get into the class for 2015

Reactions: 1 user

@paramore0909
that is amazing!! congrats to all on the hold list!

Reactions: 2 users
Yay for hold listers ! Congrats everyone ! Thanks for all the support !

HAVE HOPE ALL !! but Congrats to my fellow Holders too!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to confirm
All I have to do with academics at the end of the term is send them an official transcript?

Just to confirm
All I have to do with academics at the end of the term is send them an official transcript?
pretty sure this is correct! make sure to work on the health paperwork. that's the most time consuming thing to get done and it has a June 10th deadline

also what was the talk of possible Apple computers option? instead of Dell...anyone know the verdict on that?

pretty sure this is correct! make sure to work on the health paperwork. that's the most time consuming thing to get done and it has a June 10th deadline

Oh gosh I know!

I feel like I've been working on it forever.

also what was the talk of possible Apple computers option? instead of Dell...anyone know the verdict on that?

The word is that is not happening, you will be getting a PC but I am unsure if it will be a Dell or something else. It will not be an Apple though.

Has anyone on waitlist called? Are they telling the ranks this year like they did last year?

For those accepted,

Are you all going to the summer program? If so, at campus or online?

And can you post official dates for white coat ceremony, pre-matriculation program start/end, first day of classes?

Thanks.

Has anyone on waitlist called? Are they telling the ranks this year like they did last year?

For those accepted,

Are you all going to the summer program? If so, at campus or online?

And can you post official dates for white coat ceremony, pre-matriculation program start/end, first day of classes?

Thanks.
if you go on the website and click on the current students tab, there are links there to get you answers to all of those questions.
Here is the link to the academic calendar for next year: http://www.rowan.edu/som/education/undergraduate_medical/documents/AcadCalNext.pdf

Pre-matric start - 6/22
Pre-matric end - 7/24
White coat - 8/2
Classes/Orientation start - 8/3

I'll be at the in-person pre-matric
Hope that helps with your questions!

Just withdrew from Rowan. Hoping for good news to those on the waitlist!

Accepted yesterday!! On my birthday!! And she didn't know until I told her! So blessed! Stay hopeful all!

Reactions: 7 users
Is there a set date we have to withdraw by?
Hey not sure that there is deadline to withdraw BUT there is a date where AACOMAS reports the names of people accepted and to multiple schools and each school will see where their accepted students got into. Not sure that date but they will start contacting u

The sooner the better, I'd think. You going to attend PCOM?
I actually withdrew from PCOM :-/ I'll be attending an MD school closer to home. I loved Rowan so it's hard to give it up, but I hope one of you gets it!

Accepted yesterday!! On my birthday!! And she didn't know until I told her! So blessed! Stay hopeful all!

OMG! I am super excited for you, I've been following your progress since i got my acceptance back in march. Can't wait to meet you. Big Congrats medlife!

OMG! I am super excited for you, I've been following your progress since i got my acceptance back in march. Can't wait to meet you. Big Congrats medlife!
Thanksssss soooo much!!! cant wait either!!

anyone know approx how long are classes per day for how many days a week for the pre matric?

Any hold list movement recently?

Hey guys, mind sharing stats for those who got accepted? i am applying this cycle.

Hey guys, mind sharing stats for those who got accepted? i am applying this cycle.
yes_sir_44,

3.0 ugpa, 3.8 gradgpa, overall GPA I don't know to be honest (like a 3.2 maybe), 30 MCAT. Several years of wet laboratory/computational research, completed M.S. in Biology with a thesis (graduated with distinction this past Thursday woohoo!) and I have 2 publications in the pipeline one 1st author and one 2nd author.

My ugpa was most likely my biggest hurdle, but I guess I compensated for it with other achievements.

I'm going to withdraw. I would've totally attended, if I wasn't accepted elsewhere. Good luck! I hope the seat goes to one of you beautiful people.

hey guys who do you make the acceptance fee check out to? the online option to pay it isn't available right?

Have they ranked the waitlist yet?