Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess they are opening up the secondary in small batches then. I still have nothing

Members don't see this ad.

It appears only one person replied on this thread that they got it. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Small batches is probably advantageous on their end. If they sent them out all at once they'd probably receive them all at once.

Received it 2 hours ago. Finalizing my essays now...

Question about my chances here. 31 MCAT (12/6/13), 3.65 cgpa according to AACOMAS, 3.7 sGPA. Shadowing, volunteering, plenty of other sport related EC's. Thank you for your responses!

Also I am in an instate applicant
Question about my chances here. 31 MCAT (12/6/13), 3.65 cgpa according to AACOMAS, 3.7 sGPA. Shadowing, volunteering, plenty of other sport related EC's. Thank you for your responses!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

You have a good shot. As always, apply early to increase your chances.

Is anyone else having an error on their additional information screen? Every time I try and submit it it says there is some error and then when I go back it says my additional info is filled out, but there is nothing saved, its really weird.

Do you think ill be fine without doing the optional essay? 3.98s/3.93c 29 MCAT IS

This is going to be an out of subject question :)

Does RowanSOM have mandatory attendance?

Do you think ill be fine without doing the optional essay? 3.98s/3.93c 29 MCAT IS
I didn't do it... no point in stretching if I had a hardship or obstacle to overcome when compared to other people's I didn't.

Reactions: 1 users
This is going to be an out of subject question :)

Does RowanSOM have mandatory attendance?

I do not believe so (though I am not 100% sure). One of the students on my tour mentioned some classes being more important to attend than others.

I like half pre-completed it but now Im wishing I did it fully because I feel like I keep changing things around and delaying this even further….BAHHH

Did you all explain your choice(s) for the question that asks for your specialty interest? You get 500 characters but it says to just identify and not describe.

I wrote a couple sentences about why I like a specific specialty, but it is by no means an essay or anywhere near 500 characters.

When I went to a open house Ms. Watkins stressed that even though its optional, its not really optional….

I'm doing it only because she made a point to say that .

How is a hardship essay not optional? It makes you look like an dingus if you pretend some little obstacle was a huge hardship. That's not the place for a diversity essay either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is a hardship essay not optional? It makes you look like an dingus if you pretend some little obstacle was a huge hardship. That's not the place for a diversity essay either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just repeating what I was told….and answering the question asked

When I went to a open house Ms. Watkins stressed that even though its optional, its not really optional….

I'm doing it only because she made a point to say that .
Lol, damn. Only wrote a short 85ish word response. Oh well :/

Not trying to attack you- just doesn't seem right. If they don't like that I skipped it, fine, It obviously wasn't meant to be!

yeah I mean I get what you're saying and I completely agree that you shouldn't just write something to write it. Luckily I had something to talk about, not sure of how much it is a challenge compared to other people, but it was a "personal" challenge.

Best of luck to you!

Let us all know if any of you get II and when you submitted with stats please :)

yeah I mean I get what you're saying and I completely agree that you shouldn't just write something to write it. Luckily I had something to talk about, not sure of how much it is a challenge compared to other people, but it was a "personal" challenge.

Best of luck to you!

This essay should really be rephrased differently. It seems that they want us to write it but maybe it isn't really a hardship essay and more of a what challenges have you face personally type of essay.

Let us all know if any of you get II and when you submitted with stats please :)

Yeh! They should be starting to review and starting interviews soon now. Please post if II given.

Under the "status" tab, I see that I'm incomplete under the Letters of Recommendation section. When I click on it however, it says that my virtual eval has been received. Its the packet with my DO letter and pre-health committee letter. Anyone else in a similar position?

I did just submit my secondary today. Maybe I need to wait a bit for it to update?

Under the "status" tab, I see that I'm incomplete under the Letters of Recommendation section. When I click on it however, it says that my virtual eval has been received. Its the packet with my DO letter and pre-health committee letter. Anyone else in a similar position?

I did just submit my secondary today. Maybe I need to wait a bit for it to update?
Same here. Don't know what to make out of it.

Did you guys send out your LOR before finishing all of your sec apps?

I came to ask the same question... I'm glad all of you are in the same situation. Looks like there's no need to worry then!