Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here. Don't know what to make out of it.

It says in the application instructions that it can take 2-3 weeks to attach your letters to your file. It wont be instant because they have to manually attach this.

Members don't see this ad.

Does it take this school long to send a sec app after they get my primary app?
Apparently my primary app was released yesterday (verified one week ago).

I am asking this cuz I got sec apps from other DO schools already..

What's the average GPA/MCAT at Rowan?

Members don't see this ad :)

If you look at all the posts earlier in this thread, you will see that there was an insane delay of received secondaries because of IT issues. No one can really say what the real the real turnaround time is unless their primary gets received around now.

My LOR status said the same thing so I called an asked about it and they said that with the new computer system they have to double check to make sure the LOR service attached the correct one to your file. Therefore they have to manually go into everyone's file and make sure they have the correct LOR. Once they do that then they update your file as complete. Just so you all know =)

Reactions: 1 user
Any clue when II's will start being sent out?

Does the response for each question still have to be at least one page long?
How long are your responses??

Mine was a few paragraphs, not quite a full page, hope that helps!

Does the response for each question still have to be at least one page long?
How long are your responses??

Mine was a few paragraphs, not quite a full page, hope that helps!

The limit is posted on the website. I made it around 1.5 pages. Any II yet?

1.5 pages for each question..??

Yes. I wrote about 600-700 words for each question. This is about 1.5 pages at 1.5 default spacing in Microsoft Word.

The limit on the website says 750 words.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I wrote about 600-700 words for each question. This is about 1.5 pages at 1.5 default spacing in Microsoft Word.

The limit on the website says 750 words.

Wow. Double-spaced?
I find it really difficult to write that much.. 1st and 2nd questions are too similar...

Adm
Wow. Double-spaced?
I find it really difficult to write that much.. 1st and 2nd questions are too similar...

I mean that's the limit. You should take just as long as you need to get your point across. You'll be fine. Count the words. That's a better metric if you are concerned about length.

Adm

I mean that's the limit. You should take just as long as you need to get your point across. You'll be fine. Count the words. That's a better metric if you are concerned about length.

Ah thanks. Do you think 400 words are enough?

For the first question, does it have to be specifically about "osteopathic medicine"? Or can I also write about why I decided to be a doctor in general?

Last edited:
Ah thanks. Do you think 400 words are enough?

For the first question, does it have to be specifically about "osteopathic medicine"? Or can I also write about why I decided to be a doctor in general?

Enough is when the question is answered.

What does the question ask? Osteopathic medicine means osteopathic medicine. They wouldn't include that word (osteopathic) if they wanted to know generally why medicine.

Reactions: 1 users
When do they start sending II for regular decision applicants?

This is late but can someone give me the link to the secondaries?

My primary app was verified on 8/29 and released on 9/4 but I still havent got their sec app.. Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Last edited:
Just got the secondary on the 10th. I have a 28 MCAT with a 3.65 GPA. # of extra curricular activities. OOS. I can provide more details if needed, but chances?

Just got the secondary on the 10th. I have a 28 MCAT with a 3.65 GPA. # of extra curricular activities. OOS. I can provide more details if needed, but chances?

When was your primary app verified?

When was your primary app verified?
Where are you from? statistically you are right on par with the school and their averages. Obviously #'s aren't everything and there is more to it, but as long as you fit with their mission, you should have a good shot. Just keep your head up, just like everyone else in this forum and out there should.

Where are you from? statistically you are right on par with the school and their averages. Obviously #'s aren't everything and there is more to it, but as long as you fit with their mission, you should have a good shot. Just keep your head up, just like everyone else in this forum and out there should.

Im from NJ. Graduated from Rutgers. I heard Rowan does not prescreen bf sending out secondaries. Apparently there's an issue. I will call them tomorrow. Why do things like this always happen to me..? sigh,..

Im from NJ. Graduated from Rutgers. I heard Rowan does not prescreen bf sending out secondaries. Apparently there's an issue. I will call them tomorrow. Why do things like this always happen to me..? sigh,..
Gotcha, I would send them an email and ask when they send out secondaries. Especially if you really want to go here. The sooner the better! Good luck

Gotcha, I would send them an email and ask when they send out secondaries. Especially if you really want to go here. The sooner the better! Good luck

I already did a week ago. It seems like they never reply via email in less than one month lol unless I am contacting a wrong person. I am gonna call them tomorrow. Thank you.

What the hell? How come I still havent got the sec app?
If it makes you feel better, I havent gotten **** from the other 13 DO schools I applied to and I would like them to come soon.

Just submitted the secondary and all my letters.....woo...

If it makes you feel better, I havent gotten **** from the other 13 DO schools I applied to and I would like them to come soon.

Well I already got sec apps from other schools 2 weeks ago..
This always happens with my top priority school. This is so stupid..

So im a ***** here, and I know im gonna get some crap for this, but I made a typo on my secondary. For the question that asked me to identify what area of medicine I would like to practice in, I said Internal Medicine, when I actually meant Emergency Medicine. Here is where it gets awful, for the question that asked how I plan to incorporate osteopathic medicine into my goals, I clearly stated that I wanted to do Emergency Medicine (I know, stupid!!! :bang:). So I went ahead and attached a document I wrote explaining my typo and how it should say Emergency instead of general internal medicine and apologized for any confusion.

Now, will this hurt me badly?

Wow. Double-spaced?

What the hell? How come I still havent got the sec app?

Well I already got sec apps from other schools 2 weeks ago..
This always happens with my top priority school. This is so stupid.

I'm sorry but it seems like you're continually posting your frustrations here. It's almost becoming spam-like. I would recommend just getting in contact with Rowan directly via phone - we don't know what the issue is.

Reactions: 7 users
I got an interview invitation today!! My interview will be this Thursday morning!

IS, 3.85 GPA, 28 MCAT, second application, early decision, verified secondary 8/25.

Good luck! =)

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an interview invite. RD. Since i know ill be asked lol, GPA: 3.6 MCAT:33 (11,12,10) a retaker. weird thing is i want an october date, only dates open is for september. I really like the school and Ms. Watkins is oh so wonderful.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview invite. RD. Since i know ill be asked lol, GPA: 3.6 MCAT:33 (11,12,10) a retaker. weird thing is i want an october date, only dates open is for september. I really like the school and Ms. Watkins is oh so wonderful.

were you Early Decision?

No regular decision, for some reason I didn't want to do early decision

Finally got verified!! Secondary invite before it was officially released to Rowan. Feel like I am on a roll :D!

See everyone at the finish line in a year!

Do you mind sharing your stats? And did you also complete the secondary 8/25?
I received a complete email the 26th of august. 3.6cGPA, 3.7 sGPA. IS MCAT 31 (12/6/13). Regular Decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you guys (and girls) actually receive complete emails or do you just have all green check marks on your portal?

It looks like they are doing IS first.