Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It looks like they are doing IS first.

Its that or they are using a ranking system to choose their candidates. It looks like mostly the higher GPA/MCAT students are being chosen first, so its possible that IS/OOS also factored into these calculations. In the end its still early and we will all get our chance to shine, I would not be surprised if many OOS students with similar stats will be chosen soon. They interviewed into April last cycle so I am in no hurry this time around.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry but it seems like you're continually posting your frustrations here. It's almost becoming spam-like. I would recommend just getting in contact with Rowan directly via phone - we don't know what the issue is.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to remind you that people do know SDN exists and there may be some eyes here that you don't want seeing you frustrated like that. It doesn't matter you have a screen name because some names are easy to figure out so please keep your composure. If you have any questions like that, just call up Admission and ask. They are always nice.

actual complete email

I have seen in the past where people had to call and confirm that the school got their secondary or primary, not just in this school but ALL the schools. I would say its a good habit of just calling to confirm that the school got anything you sent out.

how long did it take some of you guys to become complete after sending in your letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!!!! Today at around 4PM!!! Woooooooo!!:claps:

Reactions: 18 users
i had a question. on my application checklist, it shows that everything is received except my LORs. But on the document status tab it shows that my LORs were received. is anyone else having this problem? or is this just a matter of waiting? I sent in my LORs on 9/3

i had a question. on my application checklist, it shows that everything is received except my LORs. But on the document status tab it shows that my LORs were received. is anyone else having this problem? or is this just a matter of waiting? I sent in my LORs on 9/3
Yeah I had the same issue, it eventually got updated for me.

Guys I have my interview on Friday!! (9/26) Any advice? How was it?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just randomly checked on my application status in the portal today, and saw that it said my application was incomplete because of a letters of reccomendation problem. But when i clicked on letters of reccomendation it said that all 3 of my letters had been recieved. So I called admissions, and they pretty much said yea thats an error, we'll just manually go in and fix it. Then I got an email like 2 mins later that my application was complete. Sooo just a heads up for other ppl, might wanna check, idk why it took me so long to look back

Submitted on 8/27, but no complete email just yet. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Submitted on 8/27, but no complete email just yet. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Try giving them a call to check in, cannot hurt since its been about a month. Sometimes they might be missing something or an error may have occurred along the way.

Reactions: 1 users
Try giving them a call to check in, cannot hurt since its been about a month. Sometimes they might be missing something or an error may have occurred along the way.
thanks man, just called and left a message

My application says complete but I never received a complete email. Should I give them a call?

I got an email from Rowan saying my application is complete and under review--despite not hitting submit OR paying. My essays weren't pasted in yet! I have no idea how it happened. Terrifying. Hopefully when I call them tomorrow morning they'll be understanding.

Nothing for me :/ despite having everything complete. The letters haven't been entered manually so my application still isn't complete.

I got an email from Rowan saying my application is complete and under review--despite not hitting submit OR paying. My essays weren't pasted in yet! I have no idea how it happened. Terrifying. Hopefully when I call them tomorrow morning they'll be understanding.
I got this email as well and never even opened the secondary. Just a glitch I'm thinking. Sit tight!!

Is your app complete now?

Are these all early decision interviews? Or are these regular interviews? I just haven't heard a word :(

I had my interview on Tuesday and I am regular decision

looks like I'm another who never received the secondary. going to call them tomorrow as this is one of my top choices. good luck to those getting II's!

I have fallen a little behind on getting my secondaries sent in. I lived in NJ for a few years and would love to go back. Is it too late to be worth submitting and paying the money? I want to be realistic, but if I'm not too far gone I would really like to submit my application.

I have fallen a little behind on getting my secondaries sent in. I lived in NJ for a few years and would love to go back. Is it too late to be worth submitting and paying the money? I want to be realistic, but if I'm not too far gone I would really like to submit my application.
not too late. they are behind on the supplementals this year. interview invites are just starting to go out. apply!

not too late. they are behind on the supplementals this year. interview invites are just starting to go out. apply!
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Should I call them if my app is still not complete after 20 days?

my primary was released two weeks ago but no secondary yet. how long did everyone take to receive secondaries?

my primary was released two weeks ago but no secondary yet. how long did everyone take to receive secondaries?
my primary was verified 9/10 i got a secondary 9/11

I received a secondary from Rowan (9/22) the day before my primary was released to the schools (9/23).

I think they send secondaries to everyone.

I've found Rowan to have the fastest admissions office of any school so far. Not only did I somehow receive a secondary before AACOMAS even sent them my primary, I submitted my secondary on 9/27 and was marked as complete on 9/30. Pretty quick.

There may be a glitch with your app, or maybe your stats are low and you got screened out (do they screen pre-secondary? I'm not sure). Perhaps try giving them a call?

Last edited:
Just got the call too!! Accepted!! WOOOOOO

Reactions: 6 users
You guys mind sharing your stats? And congrats on getting accepted! =)

Congrats to those accepted!

I received the secondary 2 business days after verification and 3 business days before release. I believe they do screen, but calling admissions shouldn't hurt.

I should try calling the admissions on Monday. Hopefully I didn't get screened out.. Thank you all for your response!

I should try calling the admissions on Monday. Hopefully I didn't get screened out.. Thank you all for your response!

They do not screen before giving out secondaries.

Had a question, I got an interview last month 18th through the EDP. Haven't heard back from them, is this a "silent rejection", because I see that there have been people accepted already. I have called and emailed, the admission dept, the professor who interviewed me and haven't heard anything back from them.

Seems like I am having a terrible cycle for this school.
Took 3 weeks to get the secondary application because of a technical issue.
And 25 days to be complete because of another technical issue lol.

I called today to figure out why my app was not still complete, and a woman told me she would get back to me once she checks my app, and she did not..... -_-
After 5 hours of waiting, I called again, and a different person answered and resolved the issue right away for me. Finally complete.

I hope there wont be another "technical issue" when I get an interview invite lol..

Last edited:
Seems like I am having a terrible cycle for this school.
Took 3 weeks to get the secondary application because of a technical issue.
And 25 days to be complete because of another technical issue lol.

I called today to figure out why my app was not still complete, and a woman told me she would get back to me later, and she did not..... -_-
After 5 hours of waiting, I called again, and a different person answered and resolved the issue right away for me. Finally complete.

I hope there wont be another "technical issue" when I get an interview invite lol..

Yea, I have had everything sent in for like a month without having my file marked as complete. When I checked my status they only had one letter listed when I had sent an Interfolio packet. Turns out someone entered it wrong and after I called them they fixed it and I got my "file complete" email. Just keep checking your portal and call them if you think something is missing.

Do you guys see the tab to add updates/additional documents on the portal? It's gone for me..

Did anyone have an interview and has still not heard back? I interviewed less than ~2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything even though I see on here some people got acceptances last friday! Should i be worried?

I have the same problem - primary released on 9/18 but no email from RowanSOM about the secondary. I spoke to admissions yesterday and they are having a technical problem with primary applications from that "cycle." The woman I spoke to was very nice and made sure that my letters of recommendation were all set in the system so there would be no further delay once I submitted the secondary.

Also, I am a reapplicant wait listed from last year. They had a problem with my letters of recommendation last year not showing up in the system despite having been released to them through virtual evals. It seems like I'm having really bad luck with this school! I would suggest to anyone who has waited a fair amount of time and has not received a complete email to call, because it seems like the issues are usually technical glitches that can be easily solved. Just be nice to admissions!