Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it too late to submit my primary here? 3.7cGPA, 3.51sGPA, MCATS: 25, 30, OOS from CA, above average ECs

If you're already verified, you should be fine. If you just started to submit primary, then it is starting to be late.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you're already verified, you should be fine. If you just started to submit primary, then it is starting to be late.
Thanks for the advice. I am already verified and just got the Rowan secondary. Just submitted letters through Interfolio. I'll be submitting the secondary tomorrow.
The more I read about the school the more I like it. I really hope I can get some OOS love.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the advice. I am already verified and just got the Rowan secondary. Just submitted letters through Interfolio. I'll be submitting the secondary tomorrow.
The more I read about the school the more I like it. I really hope I can get some OOS love.

Keep in mind that OOS tuition is $59k, which no chance where you can gain IS status for tuition. You'll be paying $59k a year for 4 years. If money is no concern to you, then I would say Rowan is a really great school to be in. Everyone is super friendly and helps each other.

I've been waiting 3 weeks for a secondary (OOS)...

I just got my secondary this morning after about a 2.5 week wait!
For the first essay prompt, "How did you learn about osteopathic medicine," do ya'll think an anecdote would be a good idea or are they looking for a dry, direct answer?

I just got my secondary this morning after about a 2.5 week wait!
For the first essay prompt, "How did you learn about osteopathic medicine," do ya'll think an anecdote would be a good idea or are they looking for a dry, direct answer?

I just gave an honest answer how I learned about osteopathic medicine. You can use an anecdote if you wish. I didn't know about DO's until I shadowed one.

anyone know if adcom is meeting today? thought that admissions staff said decisions would be made today regarding recent interviewees...waiting on a call (crossing fingers/holding breath)

anyone know if adcom is meeting today? thought that admissions staff said decisions would be made today regarding recent interviewees...waiting on a call (crossing fingers/holding breath)
When I interviewed they said today they were meeting. No phone call or anything yet on my end! I've been holding my breath all day, too!

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! Just got the phone call!!! I'm shaking!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Omggggggg accepted crying on the treadmill. Rowan 2020!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Omggggggg accepted crying on the treadmill. Rowan 2020!!!!!!
I just saw your profile picture! We interviewed together, Mike the guy from Freehold! Congrats and see you in the summer!!!!

Congrats to all! I will be looking forward to meeting you guys in class this summer! Does someone want to set up a Facebook page?

For anyone who was already accepted from a while ago, how long does it take for them to mail the official acceptance packages? And congrats everyone, I look forward to meeting you all next year!

For anyone who was already accepted from a while ago, how long does it take for them to mail the official acceptance packages? And congrats everyone, I look forward to meeting you all next year!
Give it a couple weeks. It takes them a little bit of time to mail the packages out, but they will definitely come!!

Congrats to all that got in!!
If you have any further questions, post here or PM me anytime. happy to provide some insight into what life will be like for you next year :)
(also - enjoy all the free time while you have it now!!)

Congrats to all! I will be looking forward to meeting you guys in class this summer! Does someone want to set up a Facebook page?
If there isn't a Facebook page already, I'd love to create one. I'm pretty sure I need to add people to start it, so let me know if you're interested!

Reactions: 1 users
If there isn't a Facebook page already, I'd love to create one. I'm pretty sure I need to add people to start it, so let me know if you're interested!

I was accepted back in October. Let me know when and if our Facebook group gets up and running. I look forward to meeting all of you!

Did you guys get an email saying you were complete or did you just get an email saying your secondary was submitted? On my portal I have green checks next to everything but I didn't receive any email stating that I was technically complete.

Did you guys get an email saying you were complete or did you just get an email saying your secondary was submitted? On my portal I have green checks next to everything but I didn't receive any email stating that I was technically complete.

I never received an email I was complete. If your portal says you are complete then you are complete.

Mine had green check mark on everything, but was still saying incomplete. I called their office, the lady fixed it right away. and I received an email saying i'm complete within five minutes. Call them. Hope this helps.

Just as Philocat said, if you're not sure, definitely email or call. My application appeared to be complete mid-September, but actually wasn't until I contacted them in October. The admissions office is very friendly and helpful.

thanks for the advice I actually just got an II just an hour ago!!!!!
Just as Philocat said, if you're not sure, definitely email or call. My application appeared to be complete mid-September, but actually wasn't until I contacted them in October. The admissions office is very friendly and helpful.

Hey guys! Congrats to all who are accepted!

Fourth year here...feel free to post or PM me with any questions you may have. Otherwise, congrats once again to our incoming class, and good luck to those applying... Keep the faith!

Anyone think it's too late to apply here? OOS LizzyM 66. I applied much earlier in the cycle but am thinking about adding this one.

No, probably not. I believe maybe only about slightly less than half the class is accepted so far. Apply now!

Just got an email with an acceptance packet from RowanSOM!

nice---I'm curious to see if I get recommended for pre-matric so hopefully that's included.

I did. One of the conditions for matriculation was to enter their pre-matric program probably because I'm a non-trad.

Last edited:
still no email---hmmm...

My letter was dated Nov. 16, but I was given the call on Nov. 6...so it would take some time. I just received the email yesterday. It looks like they scanned the documents into a PDF file for me. Not sure if they're still going to mail it out now.

Found out today I'm on the alternate list. Is there a difference between that and the waiting list or is it one and the same?

Just wanted to share some additional information. When i interviewed here last month, the interviewer told me because of the increase in number of applicants, they are looking to increase the class size for this year. Although, he did not know the exact number.

Just wanted to share some additional information. When i interviewed here last month, the interviewer told me because of the increase in number of applicants, they are looking to increase the class size for this year. Although, he did not know the exact number.
They're increasing the class size for the PBL pathway, not the regular "lecture" pathway. I believe they are planning on increasing class size by 20 students.

If you are put on the alternate/waitlist, does anyone know when the earliest is that you could be accepted ?

Submitted my deposit over the long weekend! Only $195 ($100 deposit and $95 background check fee.)

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone! Does anyone know how the NeuroMusculoseletal Institute is integrated into the curriculum at Rowan?

Thanks!

Have they filled up most of their seats yet?