Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone! Does anyone know how the NeuroMusculoseletal Institute is integrated into the curriculum at Rowan?

Thanks!

They do; but mostly in your third and fourth year. You'll rotate there for OMM in your third year and in fourth year as well for the required Pain and Palli rotation. The faculty in the NMI teach for OMM in first and second year, but the bulk of the experience will be felt in the second half of your education.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone happen to notice their portal change before they were accepted via phone? Or did that happen after the fact?

Does anyone know if the committee happened to meet today or not? I called earlier but no one answered so I figured I'd see if anyone on here had any luck on whether there was one or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the committee happened to meet today or not? I called earlier but no one answered so I figured I'd see if anyone on here had any luck on whether there was one or not.
Also am in the same shoes as you didn't hear back today, but was told at my interview the week before thanksgiving that it would be today...

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently, some people have been called yesterday for acceptances. If you didn't hear back yesterday or Monday you are probably waitlisted/rejected.

Apparently, some people have been called yesterday for acceptances. If you didn't hear back yesterday or Monday you are probably waitlisted/rejected.
Remember guys, no one is rejected post interview (extremely rare). You get put on the alternate/ wait list. There's usually some good movement in the spring so keep your heads up!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know who calls with acceptance and rejections? I got a call from a 4th year last night who left a message but didnt tell me if i was in. She just said call her back in the next few minutes or call the admissions office monday? Who did you guys get your calls from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know who calls with acceptance and rejections? I got a call from a 4th year last night who left a message but didnt tell me if i was in. She just said call her back in the next few minutes or call the admissions office monday? Who did you guys get your calls from?

I think you got in! I got a call from 3rd year yesterday and they usually give you a call if you get accepted. Congrats!

They only call for acceptances. If you don't get a call, then you're automatically placed on the alternate/ wait list.
Is there only an alternate waitlist or is there a high priority one as well?

Is there only an alternate waitlist or is there a high priority one as well?

They had a high priority one last year for the first time, but they only started using that in the late winter, early spring. I'm not sure whether they are using that at this point in the cycle, or if they are at all this year. I would definitely ask admissions if you've been placed on the wait list if they are doing a high priority list and if you'd be on it.

Hope this helps!

They had a high priority one last year for the first time, but they only started using that in the late winter, early spring. I'm not sure whether they are using that at this point in the cycle, or if they are at all this year. I would definitely ask admissions if you've been placed on the wait list if they are doing a high priority list and if you'd be on it.

Hope this helps!
So if I'm waitlisted early in the cycle it's probably for alternate? I know I've been waitlisted (didn't get called yesterday) but don't know which it is

So if I'm waitlisted early in the cycle it's probably for alternate? I know I've been waitlisted (didn't get called yesterday) but don't know which it is

Sometimes they place calls on Monday as well, so not all hope is lost. But if you are wait listed, it would be a question I would ask, since last year was the first time they had such a list. Don't know if they are having one from the beginning of the cycle, or if they will utilize it like they did last year.

Sometimes they place calls on Monday as well, so not all hope is lost. But if you are wait listed, it would be a question I would ask, since last year was the first time they had such a list. Don't know if they are having one from the beginning of the cycle, or if they will utilize it like they did last year.
So why would the wait til Monday to call some people because that's just cruel.. Lol Is that common? What I mean is is there a fundamental reason why some people hear back on Friday and then a few on Monday?

So why would the wait til Monday to call some people because that's just cruel.. Lol Is that common? What I mean is is there a fundamental reason why some people hear back on Friday and then a few on Monday?

I completely agree with you, 100%. Sometimes the meetings go late and typically they either have the interviewer call, or the secretary. So if the meeting goes late and the secretary is gone for the day, some calls may go out Monday. This does not happen often, but does occur. But I'm on the same belief, it's tough waiting all weekend until Monday to know for sure.

Hang in there!!

I completely agree with you, 100%. Sometimes the meetings go late and typically they either have the interviewer call, or the secretary. So if the meeting goes late and the secretary is gone for the day, some calls may go out Monday. This does not happen often, but does occur. But I'm on the same belief, it's tough waiting all weekend until Monday to know for sure.

Hang in there!!
Last question and then I promise I'm done. If calls did go out Friday then should I assume I won't be called Monday? Or does that just mean they were reviewed early in the meeting and I could get called Monday morning?

Last question and then I promise I'm done. If calls did go out Friday then should I assume I won't be called Monday? Or does that just mean they were reviewed early in the meeting and I could get called Monday morning?

Haha no problem; that's what I'm here for! I mean, chances are you are waitlisted if you didn't get a call on Monday. Like I said, sometimes some calls go out on Monday, but this is not very often.

And if it is the wait list, it's definitely not the end all. The list does move a pretty good amount in the spring.

I'm always here if you or anyone has any questions.

Good luck everyone!

Haha no problem; that's what I'm here for! I mean, chances are you are waitlisted if you didn't get a call on Monday. Like I said, sometimes some calls go out on Monday, but this is not very often.

And if it is the wait list, it's definitely not the end all. The list does move a pretty good amount in the spring.

I'm always here if you or anyone has any questions.

Good luck everyone!
Ok so most likely I'll assume I'm waitlisted unless proven otherwise. Thank you

Does anyone know how long the delay is before you receive an interview? I've been complete since 11/12/2015, but sent in my last letter or rec on 11/30

Does anyone know how long the delay is before you receive an interview? I've been complete since 11/12/2015, but sent in my last letter or rec on 11/30

I'm curious myself. I've been complete since Oct 6 and still no word about II.

My gpa is 3.75 and MCAT is 33. I've had 4 IIs but Rowan doesn't want to budge.

I'm curious myself. I've been complete since Oct 6 and still no word about II.

My gpa is 3.75 and MCAT is 33. I've had 4 IIs but Rowan doesn't want to budge.

Are you from NJ?

Are you from NJ?

Nope, I am Canadian : D

Judging by the # of pages and replies on this thread, It looks like the turn around rate from completion to II is a bit slower compared to other schools.

Nope, I am Canadian : D

Judging by the # of pages and replies on this thread, It looks like the turn around rate from completion to II is a bit slower compared to other schools.

I'm not sure if Rowan is super receptive to international applicants...

I'm instate, 3.1 gpa and 35 MCAT

With those stats, you could possibly get in. I know someone with a 37 MCAT and a 3.2 GPA who got accepted there. He was also proactive with RowanSOM admissions.

With those stats, you could possibly get in. I know someone with a 37 MCAT and a 3.2 GPA who got accepted there. He was also proactive with RowanSOM admissions.

I surely hope so, how long did it take for you to receive an interview?

Called the office today asking about my app post interview sounds like I was most definitely waitlisted unless calls go out Monday after hours

Just got an interview invite! Complete 8/20!

Reactions: 6 users
Had an interview early November, still haven't hear back. Should I be expecting waitlist and if so, then how do they notify you?

Had an interview early November, still haven't hear back. Should I be expecting waitlist and if so, then how do they notify you?

Waitlist notification comes through snail mail

Just got an interview invite today! Completed 8/20!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all those who received a II! I am rooting for you, and would love to be your classmate. :)

Last edited:
Congrats on the recent II's! When you say complete, is that when you submitted or received an e-mail?

My letters were still unchecked 4 weeks after submission, so I called and got them marked. I guess I'm looking at a complete date of mid-September, rather than my submission date of mid-August?

Haha... what's another month/eternity?

Wow congrats! I think this gives me hope as I've been complete since 10/23. Nice to know I may not have been reviewed yet and passed up.
What are you guys' stats/LizzyM?
Yes definitely don't give up hope! LizzyM high 60's

Wow congrats! I think this gives me hope as I've been complete since 10/23. Nice to know I may not have been reviewed yet and passed up.
What are you guys' stats/LizzyM?

cGPA 3.64 sGPA 3.61 MCAT 27, 504. Also I'm instate.

I got an II today also! I was complete on 10/5. IS cGPA 3.75 sGPA 3.76 MCAT 31

So I didn't get a phone call last Friday for acceptance but I received a quick turn around on where I was at. I got a letter today in the mail saying that I've been placed on the alternate list. I'm not sure if there is a difference between the wait list and alternate list or if there is a difference in how long it takes to get your letter post committee meeting. Just wanted to throw it out there for people who might be in the same boat.

So I didn't get a phone call last Friday for acceptance but I received a quick turn around on where I was at. I got a letter today in the mail saying that I've been placed on the alternate list. I'm not sure if there is a difference between the wait list and alternate list or if there is a difference in how long it takes to get your letter post committee meeting. Just wanted to throw it out there for people who might be in the same boat.

was put on the "alternate list" in October.

Has the wording been different for anyone else? ie...it said "waitlist"? I know last year they were 2 separate things.

Just got an acceptance via email two minutes ago!!!!! interviewed 11/19

Reactions: 4 users