Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A little bit of hope...

Technically 2/18 interviewees should have heard back by 2/19.

Perhaps they are a batch behind?
The 2/18 interviewees wouldn't have been discussed at the 2/19 meeting.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if maybe more calls will be going out this week? Usually I see more acceptences than one person posting on SDN, anyone giving admissions calls today?
I was wondering the same. Hopefully they make more calls. Has someone called admissions today?

I was wondering the same. Hopefully they make more calls. Has someone called admissions today?

I interviewed 2/25 and just called. Just learned I am on the hold list. I was told "all the accepted spots are taken" which I took to mean the class is full? Is there a distinction between the waitlist/alternates list and the hold list this year?

Edit: I called again. Hold list means if they had spots I would have gotten one. The hold list is completely separate from the alternate's list where a letter of intent would help. I just need to wait to see if there are any withdrawals. Hope this helps others!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a Facebook group for the class of 2020? I've tried a couple times to search it in FB, but to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Just called they said I'm on the hold list. They found me acceptable but ran out of seats. They told me I'm pretty high priority and as soon as a seat opens I should accept a call. So let's hope that people start dropping out soon!!!! She said to call every two days to check. Which is pretty fast. Still excited I have a good shot.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 2/25 and just called. Just learned I am on the hold list. I was told "all the accepted spots are taken" which I took to mean the class is full? Is there a distinction between the waitlist/alternates list and the hold list this year?

Edit: I called again. Hold list means if they had spots I would have gotten one. The hold list is completely separate from the alternate's list where a letter of intent would help. I just need to wait to see if there are any withdrawals. Hope this helps others!

I can't guarantee it's the same as last year. But if it is....you are in a great place. I was very skeptical of it bc I had been on several wait lists the previous cycle so I totally understand. However I can say for sure that every person placed on the hold list last year was accepted bc they tapped into their regular waiting list as well (which is secondary to the hold list). The list was also ranked. If you have any questions about my specific experience feel free to message me !

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
About how long does the criminal background check take them? And do they get back to you when its completed?

+1 for on hold list.

People will withdraw right?!!

Just got a call from the dean's office to let me know about the hold list. She said it's basiclaly guaranteed a seat for me, and just to wait a few more days till a seat opens up. So I guess I should celebrate?! I'm so happy right now!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a call from the dean's office to let me know about the hold list. She said it's basiclaly guaranteed a seat for me, and just to wait a few more days till a seat opens up. So I guess I should celebrate?! I'm so happy right now!

Just got a voicemail from Dean Watkins telling me to call her back! I hope I get the same message and that we can go to accepted students day!!

Just got a voicemail from Dean Watkins telling me to call her back! I hope I get the same message and that we can go to accepted students day!!
Same, she said that we are guaranteed a seat for next cycle fall if anything. But they never had to do that yet, and all the hold list students eventually got a seat. It's pretty great news. Still not taking my seat off of my other school, but deff gonna look into apartments in the area for the school now.

Members don't see this ad :)

I just finished my conversation with Dean Watkins! I am literally the next person on the hold list and she said she welcomes me to come to accepted students day whether or not I get in tomorrow because for sure I will be in the class!!! I am sooooo happy!!!! Omg. Best wishes everyone who is waiting. The wait is worth it!!

Reactions: 7 users
Stupid question but what's the dress code for the Accepted Students day tomorrow?

Stupid question but what's the dress code for the Accepted Students day tomorrow?

I think someone posted in the fb group saying business casual? I was hoping for something slightly more comfy but don't wanna make any bad impressions haha

So I'm guessing this means that if you were placed on the alternate list you aren't going to get pulled off if it? Should I call and ask about tbat?

So I'm guessing this means that if you were placed on the alternate list you aren't going to get pulled off if it? Should I call and ask about tbat?
Yes you should ask and see what they say please! And let us know what they say

Spoke with admissions. They typically have a lot of movement off of the wait list in the spring and summer because people begin withdrawing. So if you're on the wait list there is still a chance for you to be accepted off of it. Just thought I'd share that info.

Reactions: 2 users
Silly question, but what the difference between the alternate list and the hold list? I know I've been placed on the hold list is it the same thing ad the alternate list? And then there's also a wait list?

Silly question, but what the difference between the alternate list and the hold list? I know I've been placed on the hold list is it the same thing ad the alternate list? And then there's also a wait list?

Essentially the hold list is a deferred acceptance for next year until a spot opens up. You have priority over waitlist/alternates list students.

Previous poster is correct. They began this new approach last year and looks like will continue going forward. Two lists, a hold list as well as an Alternative list. Hold means you get priority if a seat opens up, and if not, you'll have something next cycle for sure. They typically keep the hold list small, so everyone should theoretically make it in during the current cycle (mind you, this is the second year they're doing this, but I anticipate that is the goal). The alternate list is your typical wait list. Rowan's waitlist always has movement, so its definitely not the end all.

Hope everyone enjoys Accepted Students Day tomorrow! Our class is gearing up for match week next week. As a side note, Rowan has a 100% Match rate for the past five years- that is, every single graduate has had a residency in place the last 5 years. Pretty impressive stuff.

Good luck!

-StaystrongDO

I just finished my conversation with Dean Watkins! I am literally the next person on the hold list and she said she welcomes me to come to accepted students day whether or not I get in tomorrow because for sure I will be in the class!!! I am sooooo happy!!!! Omg. Best wishes everyone who is waiting. The wait is worth it!!

It's official! I just got a call from Dean Watkins that I am accepted! :))

Reactions: 6 users
It's official! I just got a call from Dean Watkins that I am accepted! :))
Congrats, hopefully I get the call soon. Even though they said it's almost a guarantee with the hold list the almost part is still kinda bummy. It'd be nice to have a complete reassurance that I'll have a seat next year.

Interview invite today. Woohoo! Was complete 1/19

Does anyone know when students have to tell admissions whether or not they will be attending next year?

Does anyone know when students have to tell admissions whether or not they will be attending next year?
I assume if you don't send back the matriculation packet with "yes i will attend" checked off within their 2 week timeframe that they drop you from their roster.

Hello!
As an international student (I'm Canadian), I'm just wondering how people are finding roommates/places to live in Stratford? Also, does RowanSOM require four years of tuition deposited up front for international students or something of the like?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this school offers merit-based scholarships? and how did you guys find out about it? Is it in the acceptance letter?

Anyone have a phone number for admissions other than the one on the website? Their mailbox is full and have not responded to my emails! Thank you

Anyone having trouble scheduling their interview through the portal? The calendar provided has no dates for me

Anyone having trouble scheduling their interview through the portal? The calendar provided has no dates for me

I don't think you schedule through the portal- you have to call them, unless things changed since I scheduled my interview date

I am interested in getting a cat while in school and was wondering if any of you guys have experience with having RowanSOM friends pet-sit? I know at least another DO school had a pet-sitting facebook group but I don't know if there would be interest at Rowan? Thanks!

I am interested in getting a cat while in school and was wondering if any of you guys have experience with having RowanSOM friends pet-sit? I know at least another DO school had a pet-sitting facebook group but I don't know if there would be interest at Rowan? Thanks!
Good idea, we have a couple pets and I think most of us go off of recommendations from seniors. That would be a nice club to have.

Does anyone know if this school offers merit-based scholarships? and how did you guys find out about it? Is it in the acceptance letter?
A lot of us got merit scholarships that the school applied for us. Going into the new the 3 years we are applying for more on our own.

Hello!
As an international student (I'm Canadian), I'm just wondering how people are finding roommates/places to live in Stratford? Also, does RowanSOM require four years of tuition deposited up front for international students or something of the like?
Thank you in advance!
PM me, one of my classmates is Canadian and I'll try to put you in touch

Does anyone know around when movement on the wait list starts?

Got pulled off the hold list yesterday!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call to be pulled off the hold list! Super excited!!! I'll see you guys in the fall!

Reactions: 5 users
Can any students comment on the 2016 match results?
I'm a first year so I dont know about any of the matches beyond 1 or 2 4th years that I know. They will likely post it over the summer. Give them time to compile it and get organized. Last years is posted on the website for yall to look at :)

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum despite how old my account is, as I never posted until now. But I got accepted to Rowan as I just got pulled of the the hold list and got a phone call about an hour ago for being accepted.

Btw, I know this is sudden, but is there a section on this forums where you can introduce yourselves?