Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Rowan send out a "complete" email after everything is received?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was marked complete yesterday. Submitted everything early august

I submitted 2nd of August when they were having issues with uploading LORs from AACOMAS. I emailed them Aug. 25th and they responded quickly and very nicely that I was complete. So it may be that you are complete but they just never marked it.

I called them a while back got told I was complete August 10th. Never got an email

Anyone have any idea of the number of II's send out each/last year? There were 6,000 applicants last year?

How long ago were your letters uploaded? My application did not show "complete" status until several weeks after my committee letter was uploaded to AACOMAS.

All my letters were sent out to AACOMAS back in late Aug. I was complete early September and submitted my secondary in mid September.

I received a email from the dean today and she personally said mu my file is now complete. I also received this complete email the same day:

We have received all of your required application materials. Your application is currently under review with our Admissions Committee. You will be notified by our admissions office if the committee would like to schedule you for an interview. You may track the status of your application by logging into the applicant portal at https://somamp.rowan.edu.

Why are some people getting a complete email while others arent?? This is frustrating...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea of the number of II's send out each/last year? There were 6,000 applicants last year?

They said that they interviewed a little over 7% of applicants last year so 430-450 I think.

Last edited:
All my letters were sent out to AACOMAS back in late Aug. I was complete early September and submitted my secondary in mid September.

I received a email from the dean today and she personally said mu my file is now complete. I also received this complete email the same day:

We have received all of your required application materials. Your application is currently under review with our Admissions Committee. You will be notified by our admissions office if the committee would like to schedule you for an interview. You may track the status of your application by logging into the applicant portal at https://somamp.rowan.edu.
Actually, I'm confused now. My secondary app tab shows all green check marks, including next to letters of recommendation. The document status tab shows my committee letter. But the status shows red Xs next to letters of recommendation and application complete! I'm 99.99% sure those were all green check marks last time I looked. I guess I need to email or call admissions too!

Actually, I'm confused now. My secondary app tab shows all green check marks, including next to letters of recommendation. The document status tab shows my committee letter. But the status shows red Xs next to letters of recommendation and application complete! I'm 99.99% sure those were all green check marks last time I looked. I guess I need to email or call admissions too!
That's what I had since mid August. Just updated Monday and got complete email. I don't get it either. Maybe there are two reviewers, one who checks the letters into the system and one who actually reads and reviews them. Idk

I have check marks by everything but no date by my letters. Anyone whos complete have a date by their letters?

I have check marks by everything but no date by my letters. Anyone whos complete have a date by their letters?

Mine is the same. I had the problem where my "Letters of Recommendation" and "Application Complete" had a red X next to them, even though they had received everything for a few weeks. I called and someone in the admissions office promptly took care of it.

That's what I had since mid August. Just updated Monday and got complete email. I don't get it either. Maybe there are two reviewers, one who checks the letters into the system and one who actually reads and reviews them. Idk
I just started calling them and as I did I opened the status tab so I could explain exactly what I was seeing, and my status is now completed. I am almost positive it was last time I checked prior to yesterday too. So strange, right?
EDIT: And less than 30 seconds after this post, I received a complete email!

Just called and they said my app was complete even though I never got a complete email either...

Just called and they said my app was complete even though I never got a complete email either...
i see. I wonder why some people get emails and some dont. I figured it was computer automated in the first place.

I submitted my secondary 8/2 and things were all marked complete at that time as well---should I be worried? I'm beginning to worry..the silence/wait is so tough.

I submitted my secondary 8/2 and things were all marked complete at that time as well---should I be worried? I'm beginning to worry..the silence/wait is so tough.

I was complete since first week of August and just got an II last week. It all depends on how you're ranked in their system. Not many II have gone out, and they only interview 4 candidates per interview day.

I was complete since first week of August and just got an II last week. It all depends on how you're ranked in their system. Not many II have gone out, and they only interview 4 candidates per interview day.
do you know if its 50/50 IS and OOS being interviewed or is that part random as well? Do you know the turn around after interview?

do you know if its 50/50 IS and OOS being interviewed or is that part random as well? Do you know the turn around after interview?

I'm sure they favor IS more. It says on their website. Also, the committee meets every third Thursday of the month.

For what it's worth, 3 of the 4 people that interviewed the day I was there were out of state applicants.

I'm sure they favor IS more. It says on their website. Also, the committee meets every third Thursday of the month.

Where did you hear about the committee meeting every 3rd Thursday? Would love for this to be true- would get to hear back sooner than expected.

Where did you hear about the committee meeting every 3rd Thursday? Would love for this to be true- would get to hear back sooner than expected.

From alumni, current students, and even previous years' threads on SDN. However, take this with a grain of salt, as we all know sometimes information is spread wrong.

what percentage of interviewees get accepted here?

any advice for the interview?

Alternate listed via letter in the mail today :(

Secondary submitted 10/3; I have the LOR "incomplete" status as well.
Sent an email on 10/5, but will call them about this and my complete status next Mon, 10/19.

Are both of you IS? Stats?
Yes I am in state. To be honest stats don't matter as far as I know once you are selected for an interview but if you want to know mine just PM me and I'll tell ya :)

So... anyone hear back today? Pretty sure the admissions committee met today.

Just wanted to chime in and say this to anybody waiting for a decision:

One of my best friends goes here and is pretty close with April and Marisol (the two awesome ladies that work in the admissions office) and she went in and asked them what was up and why they think I was placed on the alternate list and not accepted. Here is what they told her:

For some reason (they don't know why) the admissions committee is accepting a lot less people and placing a lot more on the alternate list. At roughly this time last year, about half of the seats for the class were filled. This year, however, only about 20 people have been accepted. So keep your head up...even if pure placed on the alternate list it seems you still have a good shot of eventually getting accepted!

Pre-interview phone call!!!So excited to hear more soon!:)