Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone OOS applying here? Silent on my end. I think 83% of their students are NJ residents, is that based on self selection or do they have a bias? I sent them a letter of intent via portal but not sure what else to do.

I am OOS and got accepted here (was part of the 9/10 group of interviewees). I plan on attending Rowan, but am now looking for any help on dealing with the super high OOS tuition rates (around 60k for OOS). Rowan is a NJ state school, so they definitely have bias towards IS, but I believe the high percentage of IS students is because the high tuition discouraged many OOS students from attending.

Members don't see this ad.

waiting is killing me! hopefully we find out soon! i interviewed 10/1- I am afraid if could be a while :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long did everyone wait for a decision on an interview after submitting the secondary? I submitted mine on 9/16 and haven't heard a thing yet
I submitted late august and got the II first week of September-- I'll echo most everyone else's sentiments tho and encourage you not to expect others' timelines to be indicative of some kind of norm. There is no norm in this process haha

Interviewed 9/15 and got the acceptance call last Friday 10/7! I think it depends on when your interviewer is able to present to the admissions committee so hang in there my fellow interviewees!
Congrats! :highfive:

I submitted late august and got the II first week of September-- I'll echo most everyone else's sentiments tho and encourage you not to expect others' timelines to be indicative of some kind of norm. There is no norm in this process haha
what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

to everyone accepted-- did you guys receive the acceptance packet in the mail? I only got the letter from Paula after the 2 weeks

Really loved this school... Anyone know how many they interview/ accept? Slash any insight on approximately how long after the interview you receive an answer? 2-4 weeks it seems?

waiting is killing me! hopefully we find out soon! i interviewed 10/1- I am afraid if could be a while :(
I interviewed the same day, haha. Really hoping to hear back next week, but don't think it's very likely.

Anyone else who interviewed 9/15 hear anything back yet?

Anyone else who interviewed 9/15 hear anything back yet?
Nope, hanging in there. I actually called this week just to see if I was waitlisted or what but they never got back to me. I assume it's either our apps are pushed back, they're debating over it, or the interviewer has not been able to meet with admissions to discuss our app?

Those are my guesses since there are some applications who heard back at random days. I am riding this one out at this point.

Nope, hanging in there. I actually called this week just to see if I was waitlisted or what but they never got back to me. I assume it's either our apps are pushed back, they're debating over it, or the interviewer has not been able to meet with admissions to discuss our app?

Those are my guesses since there are some applications who heard back at random days. I am riding this one out at this point.
I was about to do that... because if they waitlisted us they would tell us that through the phone right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was about to do that... because if they waitlisted us they would tell us that through the phone right?

I assume they can't just leave us hanging so I think our apps may have not been reviewed or they are in the process of discussing it. Once a decision has been arrived, I *think* they will call (according to past RowanSOM treads Ive read) to update us on our status.

Waitlist comes via snail mail. They will only call if you're accepted

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

to everyone accepted-- did you guys receive the acceptance packet in the mail? I only got the letter from Paula after the 2 weeks
I heard the acceptance packet is actually an email attachment...i only got the letter as well.

I received the acceptance packet via email (with letter), then the acceptance letter in the mail about a week later.

Really loved this school... Anyone know how many they interview/ accept? Slash any insight on approximately how long after the interview you receive an answer? 2-4 weeks it seems?
They interview approx 400-500 and probably accept around 250-300 I'm assuming for 186 seats.

to those accepted- congrats! do they call and email on the same day? jut wondering

First time posting here... interviewed on the 10th of September and accepted the 16th!! First acceptance :p

Reactions: 4 users
omg I wasn't expecting this at all. I interviewed on 9/15 and I didnt get a call so I assumed I was rejected or waitlisted. So I checked my mailbox today and there was a letter from rowan, I thought it was a waitlist letter but it was an acceptance!

Reactions: 13 users
omg I wasn't expecting this at all. I interviewed on 9/15 and I didnt get a call so I assumed I was rejected or waitlisted. So I checked my mailbox today and there was a letter from rowan, I thought it was a waitlist letter but it was an acceptance!
Congrats future class mate

:clap:

No, I was complete in late July and I heard back on Sept 22. It takes time, be patient!

That's like a 2 month wait for you, I'm in the same boat but haven't heard anything. Maybe I'm just being neurotic - I don't want to pester them but I also want to know whats going on with my app you get what I mean?

That's like a 2 month wait for you, I'm in the same boat but haven't heard anything. Maybe I'm just being neurotic - I don't want to pester them but I also want to know whats going on with my app you get what I mean?
(July 25th to be more specific). I wouldn't call. They might take it the wrong way or see you as annoying or pestering. Your application is complete, which means they've seen it. Calling won't get them to interview you any faster! I know it's hard, but try to hold off as much as you can on calling them.

Really hoping to get an II here. South Jersey resident, 3.75 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA, 503 MCAT. This school is essentially in my backyard and I was hoping to hear back sooner. Anyone complete in September get an II yet?

Ugh interviewed Sept 15 and still waiting to hear back...This is my number one school, can't wait!

I called last week and they basically said I can hear anytime this cycle and they are still discussing my application.

So guys I'm completely shocked right now. I got an interview here last year but was placed on the wait list. I retook the MCAT like they asked and scored higher in some areas but then lower in two other sections so my overall MCAT score remained the same. So I wasn't expecting to get an interview here as a result but today I got an email with an interview invite. I'm shocked. Completely shocked.

Reactions: 1 users
So guys I'm completely shocked right now. I got an interview here last year but was placed on the wait list. I retook the MCAT like they asked and scored higher in some areas but then lower in two other sections so my overall MCAT score remained the same. So I wasn't expecting to get an interview here as a result but today I got an email with an interview invite. I'm shocked. Completely shocked.
Congratulations!!! Wait so if you interview and don't get accepted they tell you why?

Ugh still waiting and my mcat is higher than the average here. y u no luv me

Congratulations!!! Wait so if you interview and don't get accepted they tell you why?
Thank you!! This is my number one school so I called admissions a lot to talk about my application. My MCAT was brought up a lot. I talked to Dean Watkins specifically three times and she said my overall application was really strong but the one thing holding me back was my MCAT. This was after I asked her what part of my application I should work on. She said to retake the MCAT. So yes if you really want to know why you weren't accepted here/what they viewed as weaknesses in your application, they will let you know. You just have to ask. Everyone from admissions is extremely helpful in that regard from my experience.

Reactions: 1 users

That's awesome!! Congrats. Wishing you an acceptance

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Submitted my 2ry October 5th and just received II (FIRST of the cycle) from RowanSOM! Any tips about the interview style, timeframe, or traveling (car vs train/uber?

Complete early august, IS, no love =/