Royal Dick Stats - Canadian applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mildredjrt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

My apologies if something like this has already been posted but I am wondering if anyone might be open to sharing their GPA that they applied to Edinburgh with? From the University of Guelph, I will have a 3.90 (85%) for my last two semesters but only a 3.00 overall (75%). I am also writing the GRE early this summer before I start my applications in July.

I have great references lined up and extensive experience, I just went through some things in my first and second year of university and kind of lost my way a bit in the grades department. I had my sights set on OVC but I am being realistic in the sense that its just so hard to get in there these days. My second choice is Royal Dick but I am not sure I have a chance because they look at my overall GPA and not just my last two semesters like OVC.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

It might help to re post this on the "What are my chances?" thread. I believe that more people will view it and give you good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there! I once was in a similar situation as you... I graduated from Guelph in 2011 and got rejected from OVC so then I decided to apply to international vet schools and I've now accepted an offer from Edinburgh and I am supposed to start at the Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies this coming August.
I was also worried that they looked at the entire 4 years of university since I did much better in 3rd and 4th year then 1st and 2nd. But, unlike OVC I feel like they really consider your experience, references and essay. So even though your overall GPA is a little lower, I think you still have a chance and that you should definitely apply :)

Have you considered the other international schools? I also applied to RVC, Dublin, Glasgow, and both in the Caribbean (St-Georges and Ross). I ended up being accepted to all of them, but I decided on Edinburgh! Although I am also applying to OVC but I won't know if I'm in for another month or so.

Hi there! I once was in a similar situation as you... I graduated from Guelph in 2011 and got rejected from OVC so then I decided to apply to international vet schools and I've now accepted an offer from Edinburgh and I am supposed to start at the Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies this coming August.
I was also worried that they looked at the entire 4 years of university since I did much better in 3rd and 4th year then 1st and 2nd. But, unlike OVC I feel like they really consider your experience, references and essay. So even though your overall GPA is a little lower, I think you still have a chance and that you should definitely apply :)

Have you considered the other international schools? I also applied to RVC, Dublin, Glasgow, and both in the Caribbean (St-Georges and Ross). I ended up being accepted to all of them, but I decided on Edinburgh! Although I am also applying to OVC but I won't know if I'm in for another month or so.

Such good information thank you, sounds like we had a similar experience! I am also going to apply to RVC and Ross, I am not really too keen on the 5 year programs some UK schools have, just financially speaking haha If you would be open to it would you be okay with me emailing you with some questions about Edinburgh and your applications?