Rude Walgreens customers coming to CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thekellyfiles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work at a CVS in suburban NYC and recently there was a Walgreens closure about a 1/2 mile down the road from my store location. There are about several CVS locations in the area which I believe lead to the demise of that Walgreens. Now that it is out of business,the customers that have used that Walgreens have no other choice but to use CVS and we have to deal with their frustrations. There is a CVS that is actually adjacent to the Walgreens that closed,and that store pledged to take in the displaced Walgreens customers. There are very few Walgreens in the county I work in,the other Walgreens are in the Bronx,which most people don't like to venture into. So I've noticed Walgreen customers all this month, coming to the store location that I work at,requesting to have their prescriptions sent here and filled. The thing is that since the CVS next door to that Walgreen's took in all of those patients prescriptions,they will need to go there for their 1st fill,then use which ever CVS they like for refills. For the most part they've understood that,then you have the rude and nasty ones that think they know more than us. I almost got into a heated argument with one nasty old hag. I recognized her from the week before,when she had approached me about the Walgreen's closure. I didn't know too much about the stipulation then,but I was told by the pharmacist to relay the Walgreens customers to the CVS location next door to the Walgreens for their 1st fill at CVS. All that I could remember was that she handed me her Walgreens vile and thought automatically that I was able to refill her medication. I informed her that she had to go to the CVS down the road next to the Walgreen's. I guess she had a bad experience there because she snapped at me and said "Give me the F'N bottle back". I quickly handed her the empty RX vile back and walked away,I told my co-worker that the old hag sweared at me. My co-worker came over and told her to go to the pharmacist consultation window. I was so stunned by it,and the pharmacist was tied up with several people in need of counsel that he couldn't reconcile the manner in that instant. I immediately contacted my direct supervisor which is the PIC. I explained to her the situation and customer name. That old hag just looked like she was going to be a problem from the start. It was the way she carried herself and spoke,absolutely disrespectful and obnoxious. Her whole demeanor was disgusting. I know that I can't decide which pharmacy she should use. But I would prefer her to never use our location because our location can do better without that miserable trash. She lives in the next city over where that Walgreens was located and there is about 5 CVS stores there. I would prefer her to use those stores instead of being a thorn in our side with her snappy attitude.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, turn off your emotion. That is the only way to survive in retail.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why deal with rude customers? Work for the Indian health services (IHS). Move to an Indian reservation and work as a clinical pharmacist. I hear they pay really well there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Why deal with rude customers? Work for the Indian health services (IHS). Move to an Indian reservation and work as a clinical pharmacist. I hear they pay really well there.

This post doesn't read like it was written by a pharmacist. Sounds like a technician since they mention the pharmacist being busy. Anyways, it took roughly 6 months for me to figure out I couldn't care less about people who act like this. Once I discovered I didn't have to waste my time on them it made the job so much easier. Before this, I contemplated quitting so many times, and dreaded going into work. Now, I love what I do and screw the haters.

Rude customers make my shift more interesting.

Last night we kicked out a hobo that was loitering and eating on my nice, clean vaccine giving table. He threatened to call the pharmacy manager, district manager, regional manager, 911, the FBI, and Obama on me and the front store supervisor. We had a good laugh. I turn rude customers into cartoony caricatures of human beings in my head.

This post doesn't read like it was written by a pharmacist. Sounds like a technician since they mention the pharmacist being busy. Anyways, it took roughly 6 months for me to figure out I couldn't care less about people who act like this. Once I discovered I didn't have to waste my time on them it made the job so much easier. Before this, I contemplated quitting so many times, and dreaded going into work. Now, I love what I do and screw the haters.
Working for IHS is the best. They have one of the most advanced practice of pharmacy besides the VA. They are in charge of the hospital and not the doctors. No customer complains, a lot of vacation and benefits and student loan forgiveness and great salary. Plus you have a chance to become officer, it is really cool. Later on, you will have FDA and DEA come to recruit you. My friends are hired by the FDA and DEA right from the spot. A lot of career advancement and networking.

Edit: they are very strict on selecting employees. You need to have experience and knowledge of software they use. Without these experience, it is VERY DIFFICULT to land a job with IHS. People who obsess with job saturation and negative thoughts like Bmb can never get a job here!!!!!

Last edited:
Those jobs are long gone. They mostly likely accept transferring pharmacists from another IHS.

You just don't want the competition. You are working on a foreign visa so the IHS has to justify hiring you over American citizens.

You just don't want the competition. You are working on a foreign visa so the IHS has to justify hiring you over American citizens.
That is not true. I am working for one of the largest oil corporations now whose revenue is more than 2 billions a year with 10,000 of employees worldwide. Why do I fear of competition?

Edit: America needs talents who can bring the solution to the problems and not doom and gloom citizen. This country has been transformed because of the immigrants and this country will continue supporting talents who stay above and beyond limitation.

Last edited: