Program-Specific Info / Q's Rush University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Rush has completed all of the interviews?
They said at my interview that the final group would be near the end of January.

Members don't see this ad.

They completed all of their interviews. I was in Monday's interview session and they said it was the last one.

Members don't see this ad :)

I believe that the interview they just had was the last session and they will be sending out their results by mid-february

Reactions: 1 user
I was in the last group to interview and got my acceptance via e-mail today. They're giving until Feb 19th to accept so I'm guessing the next round of acceptances/people being taken off the waitlist will be around then. Best of luck to all!!

I was in the last group to interview and got my acceptance via e-mail today. They're giving until Feb 19th to accept so I'm guessing the next round of acceptances/people being taken off the waitlist will be around then. Best of luck to all!!
Congratulations!! Will you be accepting their offer?

Congratulations!! Will you be accepting their offer?
Thanks Cal12! Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Rush didn't offer me any scholarship money so I think I'm going with Wash U instead. Aaaahhh this process is so nerve-racking

Thanks Cal12! Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Rush didn't offer me any scholarship money so I think I'm going with Wash U instead. Aaaahhh this process is so nerve-racking
This process really is sooo stressful, but it's made better by the fact that we're all going through it together! Good luck at Wash U- I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

Bumping this thread back up since I will too be attending Rush this summer!! To other people who were also accepted - is there a facebook group or anything that's been created so that we can more easily connect? Also is anyone else coming from out-of-state and also trying to figure out where to live? I've only been to Chicago 3 times in my life so I'm a little overwhelmed about that part haha

Bumping this thread back up since I will too be attending Rush this summer!! To other people who were also accepted - is there a facebook group or anything that's been created so that we can more easily connect? Also is anyone else coming from out-of-state and also trying to figure out where to live? I've only been to Chicago 3 times in my life so I'm a little overwhelmed about that part haha
Meeeeeee! I've been obsessively checking out apartments on multiple websites just to get an idea of where to live.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just filled out my 2016-2017 FASFA last night so I think that's where most of my student loans will be coming from, but so far I've heard nothing from Rush...maybe I'll call them soon just to check on if there sure there isn't any money they wanna give me too! Haha, but also my access is denied when I try to login to that "RUconnected" portal they mailed us about so I need to call about that as well. Are you guys having any issues with logging on to the ruconnected.learn.rush.edu website?

Congratulations on your acceptance!! FWIW- here are a couple suggestions on where to live- just based on my own experiences of living in Chicago the past 6 years and thinking about easy transit to get to Rush (I've never been a student here though..)

- University Village: about a mile from Rush, tons of students (UIC is right there). There are just some surrounding neighborhoods that I wouldn't walk around in at night.. but that can probably be said for most areas of Chicago
-Wicker Park/Bucktown: a ton going on (restaurants, shopping, parks, etc.), about a 20-30 minute ride on the CTA Blue Line right to Rush. Considered trendy and bohemian-ish although it has definitely gentrified in the past 10 years or so
- Fulton Market/West Loop: very trendy, definitely the neighborhood that's growing the fastest right now. about a 15 minute ride on the Pink Line

Good luck!!

I just filled out my 2016-2017 FASFA last night so I think that's where most of my student loans will be coming from, but so far I've heard nothing from Rush...maybe I'll call them soon just to check on if there sure there isn't any money they wanna give me too! Haha, but also my access is denied when I try to login to that "RUconnected" portal they mailed us about so I need to call about that as well. Are you guys having any issues with logging on to the ruconnected.learn.rush.edu website?

If only there was a classy/professional way to beg ask for free money, hehe. And I haven't had any problems with RU connected! Btw, you filed your 2015-2016 FAFSA, right?

If only there was a classy/professional way to beg ask for free money, hehe. And I haven't had any problems with RU connected! Btw, you filed your 2015-2016 FAFSA, right?

Yup I did the previous FASFA back in December! And omg I totally wish there was an easy way to beg for money hahah

I did get an email today that mentioned a facebook group today from Rush, it's called "RU OT Class of 2018"! See y'all there :)

Congratulations on your acceptance!! FWIW- here are a couple suggestions on where to live- just based on my own experiences of living in Chicago the past 6 years and thinking about easy transit to get to Rush (I've never been a student here though..)

- University Village: about a mile from Rush, tons of students (UIC is right there). There are just some surrounding neighborhoods that I wouldn't walk around in at night.. but that can probably be said for most areas of Chicago
-Wicker Park/Bucktown: a ton going on (restaurants, shopping, parks, etc.), about a 20-30 minute ride on the CTA Blue Line right to Rush. Considered trendy and bohemian-ish although it has definitely gentrified in the past 10 years or so
- Fulton Market/West Loop: very trendy, definitely the neighborhood that's growing the fastest right now. about a 15 minute ride on the Pink Line

Good luck!!

Thank you so much!! For me, the most stressful part of starting school at Rush is gonna be the whole "moving across the US and finding somewhere to live and adjusting to a big city" thing haha so this is super helpful :)

@OTwah do you know how to join the group? i've entered it into the facebook search bar but nothing comes up
Yeah it took me awhile to find it since only the class of 2016 page would pop up in the search. Eventually I specifically searched under the "groups" tab and it worked...so weird haha but here's the link to it! My access is still pending but I'm sure Julia will add me/us soon https://www.facebook.com/groups/1722579661298565/

Does anyone know if Rush is still pulling people off the wait-list?

Does anyone know if Rush is still pulling people off the wait-list?

I would imagine they will...I know someone who was accepted off the waitlist and they had to give them their decision by Mar 30th

Just found out that I have been accepted off of the waitlist!! I absolutely loved Rush and Chicago, but I am a little worried about the limited time I would have to move all the way from California. I would also prefer to live with roommates, but I'm sure everyone has already figured out their living arrangements at this point. Can anyone tell me how difficult it was to find a place to live?

Just found out that I have been accepted off of the waitlist!! I absolutely loved Rush and Chicago, but I am a little worried about the limited time I would have to move all the way from California. I would also prefer to live with roommates, but I'm sure everyone has already figured out their living arrangements at this point. Can anyone tell me how difficult it was to find a place to live?
Congrats ! I am attending Rush. I live in Chicago currently and while I wouldn't consider it hard to find a place to live here - it is definitely time consuming. Cost of living is the medium to high range a one bedroom will definitely cost $1000+. I know this is intimidating and might sound weird but you could always look for a sublet or something of the sort on Craigslist. I had a few friends that worked out for... Especially if it's just got a few months to get school started. Domu, Craigslist and hotpads are good places to look for apartments. Let me know if you have specific questions regarding neighborhoods or distance from Rush etc. good luck with your decision !

How hard is it to find housing? Is anyone else freaking out about last minute housing? Is it unreasonable to expect to pay <800 a month in a safe neighborhood?

I'm from SoCal. Have you found housing already? How much are you paying?

How hard is it to find housing? Is anyone else freaking out about last minute housing? Is it unreasonable to expect to pay <800 a month in a safe neighborhood?

I have lived in Chicago 3 years and I will say it's unlikely you will find a place for <800 unless you have a roommate and even then depending on neighborhood that may be tough. Studios in the "Lakeview area " start at 1000+ not sure what rent is like closer to campus but I can't imagine it's much cheaper... Try craigslist there might be people looking to fill a room. Obviously questionable but I have had a few friend have craigslist roommate work out!

Hey everybody! For those who applied to Rush, did you all meet the requirement for an OT letter of recommendation? Here is my dilemma...

I have volunteered a lot of my time at Lurie Children's OT/PT department, however, they have a strict "don't ask us for a letter of recommendation" policy. I have shadowed other OTs at other places for a few hours at a time, but they wouldn't be able to write me a strong letter of rec because they've only known me for a few hours! I'll be volunteering at RIC starting in August, but I won't be able to meet the 100 hour requirement to get a letter till December.

I was able to get a letter of rec from a recreational therapist I worked with in a different department at Lurie Children's. Got any advice on what to do? I'm worried I'm not going to be able to apply to Rush just because of one letter...

Hey everybody! For those who applied to Rush, did you all meet the requirement for an OT letter of recommendation? Here is my dilemma...

I have volunteered a lot of my time at Lurie Children's OT/PT department, however, they have a strict "don't ask us for a letter of recommendation" policy. I have shadowed other OTs at other places for a few hours at a time, but they wouldn't be able to write me a strong letter of rec because they've only known me for a few hours! I'll be volunteering at RIC starting in August, but I won't be able to meet the 100 hour requirement to get a letter till December.

I was able to get a letter of rec from a recreational therapist I worked with in a different department at Lurie Children's. Got any advice on what to do? I'm worried I'm not going to be able to apply to Rush just because of one letter...

Never mind, I got everything settled!