Rutgers Advanced Standing IDP 2016-2017 application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea when the second one is?

Members don't see this ad.

How was the IV for those who had on sept 30?
It was quick and casual for me but the length depends per person. It's a one on one interview and the school is very organized with the Iv and presentation process. After the presentation with the dean and school representatives we were toured around the dental building. There were about 37 of us in the first batch and they will start accepting next week! So I guess as soon as the first call is out for acceptances the

Cont. the invite for the second batch will be released soon. I heard they received 1300 application this year and 30 seats are available for the idp program. It's an impressive school with state of the art facilities! Very organized program for the dental students and they said they had the most clinical requirements out of most dental schools so they really are strong clinically.
Ps. They told us not to bother reapplying of we don't get acceptance this cycle, not sure if this applies only for those who were interviewed and got rejected. I hope this post helps a lot of you! Good luck on us all!

Members don't see this ad :)
do they accept stufents who have attempts on nbde? nebody knw who has got accepted with attempts?
They mentioned they don't really like seeing attempts for the nbde, i thought they won't see the number of attempts but they do.

How many people are invited to the interview? Does anybody know, can share any info?
They mentioned they don't really like seeing attempts for the nbde, i thought they won't see the number of attempts but they do.
but who knows maybe others have attempts for nbde and got accepted. You can never be sure nowadays....

Cont. the invite for the second batch will be released soon. I heard they received 1300 application this year and 30 seats are available for the idp program. It's an impressive school with state of the art facilities! Very organized program for the dental students and they said they had the most clinical requirements out of most dental schools so they really are strong clinically.
Ps. They told us not to bother reapplying of we don't get acceptance this cycle, not sure if this applies only for those who were interviewed and got rejected. I hope this post helps a lot of you! Good luck on us all!
Hi, Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck next week.
Quick question - Your reference to presentation: Is it given by the school about their program or is it given by interviewees on certain topics?
Thanks again for your time.

Hi, Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck next week.
Quick question - Your reference to presentation: Is it given by the school about their program or is it given by interviewees on certain topics?
Thanks again for your time.
Your welcome!
It is given by the school about their program.
1 hour is allotted for the whole interview process
about 2 hours for the program and financial aid presentation and
the last one is the tour in the dental building.
They also discussed how they went through the selection process.. :)

Your welcome!
It is given by the school about their program.
1 hour is allotted for the whole interview process
about 2 hours for the program and financial aid presentation and
the last one is the tour in the dental building.
They also discussed how they went through the selection process.. :)
Can u tell us what they are looking for in A lil depth?like what experience in US?do they prefer GC holders?

Thankyou so much for the information that you gave so far.

Thankyou so much for the information that you gave so far.
1. They don't like seeing nbde attempts they said it's not a good indicator.
2. Toefl score - not so much of a big factor cause they're gonna assess ur english skills in the actual interview.
3. They don't like seeing failures in the classes that you took in the past ( ece/Wes ) -really important.
4. Letters of recommendation- doesn't really count as much as the others.
5. They're not really particular if your a permanent resident, citizen or on a visa
6. It doesn't matter which state u came from. New Jersey resident or out of state, we're all given fair chances

7. Experience in the us is always preferred of course.

hai kyunna thank you for sharing your experience
I had recently completed my Nbde Part 1 and 2, I had done MDS in Oral surgery and have 6 years of academic experience,
post BDS I had 1year of general dentistry experience, I had few publications , 2 months of volunteering in USA.
my GPA comprehensive is 2.6 for my BDS and my MDS grade average is 3
can anyone comment on the possibility of chances that I have for DMD/DDS program.

Members don't see this ad :)
hai kyunna thank you for sharing your experience
I had recently completed my Nbde Part 1 and 2, I had done MDS in Oral surgery and have 6 years of academic experience,
post BDS I had 1year of general dentistry experience, I had few publications , 2 months of volunteering in USA.
my GPA comprehensive is 2.6 for my BDS and my MDS grade average is 3
can anyone comment on the possibility of chances that I have for DMD/DDS program.
You have a good work experience and background! It's even better than mine cause I just graduated last year. CE courses will help too. I suggest make your personal statement really good like something that would inspire the admission committee! I'm suspecting it's my personal statement that pulled me through to get an interview call... Good luck!

You have a good work experience and background! It's even better than mine cause I just graduated last year. CE courses will help too. I suggest make your personal statement really good like something that would inspire the admission committee! I'm suspecting it's my personal statement that pulled me through to get an interview call... Good luck!
Hi..any recommendations for professional help for personal statement?

Hi..any recommendations for professional help for personal statement?
Actually I didn't get any help with mine,just be honest with yourself and tell them the real reason why you want to be a dentist in the us.

Did they mention when are they going to send calls for the second batch? Does anyone have a clue?

Last edited:

I heard from Ms Brenda that the second batch would be at the end of the year

I heard from Ms Brenda that the second batch would be at the end of the year
Yeah I think so too. But they would probably call either end of this week or next week.

Yeah I think so too. But they would probably call either end of this week or next week.
Did Ms.Brenda say this at the interview about when she will send out the next batch interviews?

Did any one hear acceptances from Rutgers from the first batch interviewed on September 30?

Did Ms.Brenda say this at the interview about when she will send out the next batch interviews?
Not that I remember. But they did it that way from the last cycle.

Did any one hear acceptances from Rutgers from the first batch interviewed on September 30?
Someone from the fb group posted that they started sending acceptances just today.

Someone from the fb group posted that they started sending acceptances just today.
Hey all the best for the result.
Next batch iv wud be out by next week then.Do you have any idea how many batches they iv, 2 or 3?

Hey all the best for the result.
Next batch iv wud be out by next week then.Do you have any idea how many batches they iv, 2 or 3?
I'm not too sure if it's out next week though, what's just confirmed is the iv for second batch is December. I think just one batch for the second one.

I'm not too sure if it's out next week though, what's just confirmed is the iv for second batch is December. I think just one batch for the second one.
Okay thanks for the info. Based on num of acceptances , I think it can be guessed chances for 2nd batch or another 3rd. Based on some prev cycles they accepted half candidates iv'd from first batch and half from second and left few (3-5) were accepted from a third and last batch. But that was just in the past. They cud accept almost all from first nd iv few for sec.

Okay thanks for the info. Based on num of acceptances , I think it can be guessed chances for 2nd batch or another 3rd. Based on some prev cycles they accepted half candidates iv'd from first batch and half from second and left few (3-5) were accepted from a third and last batch. But that was just in the past. They cud accept almost all from first nd iv few for sec.
Yeah I think you're right. I was also reading posts from previous cycles and they send out second batch invites for iv soon after they accepted from the first batch.

Yea, good luck to all waiting for the call:)

Reactions: 1 user
Got acceptance today! Goodluck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone receive rejection email?
Nothing yet, I'm waiting for them to receive any kind of email but so far I haven't received anything.. not even a rejection or waitlist email. Do you think they're sending acceptance email one by one?

Nothing yet, I'm waiting for them to receive any kind of email but so far I haven't received anything.. not even a rejection or waitlist email. Do you think they're sending acceptance email one by one?
Same thing here, nothing yet. I know four applicants got admitted already and they all received the email about the same time.

Same thing here, nothing yet. I know four applicants got admitted already and they all received the email about the same time.
What time did they receive the email?

Do they send rejections so soon? Also since it was weekend, its possible other results wud be emailed on monday.

Do they send rejections so soon? Also since it was weekend, its possible other results wud be emailed on monday.
they will put us all in the wait list

Bt have they sent all acceptances out ? I heard they select most from 1st batch , are around 20 students accepted?

Bt have they sent all acceptances out ? I heard they select most from 1st batch , are around 20 students accepted?
I am not sure about that. Until this moment, I know 5 people who've come out and said they got accepted. Lets just wait till Monday and hope we get an answer.

I am not sure about that. Until this moment, I know 5 people who've come out and said they got accepted. Lets just wait till Monday and hope we get an answer.
Yea, I hope so, good luck to you and @kyunna

Thank you , I really need that since I'm still in the 'waiting for an IV' zone.:xf:

Hey is it true they only accept citizens or permanent residents?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey is it true they only accept citizens or permanent residents?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
i dnt think tht is the case.. I know few people who are nt citizens or green card holders and got accepted.

Meanwhile I am also eagerly waiting fr iv from atleast one school.. :(