Rutgers- GSBS MBS 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got accepted via email (newark)!!!

:clap::soexcited::clap::soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks!! I submitted on feb 3rd and just heard back today! I wasn't really complete until about 3 weeks ago though because my official DAT scores hadn't been entered into the system until then

Members don't see this ad :)
To everyone that heard back:
Did your scores say Self-Reported when you heard back?

Yeah. I actually e-mailed them about that just to make sure they received the official scores - which they did. Also, the status page was not updated and it still says 'No decision' under the decision tab even though I received my acceptance over a week ago.

Yeah. I actually e-mailed them about that just to make sure they received the official scores - which they did. Also, the status page was not updated and it still says 'No decision' under the decision tab even though I received my acceptance over a week ago.

Thanks! I have all my stuff in and just wanted to make sure my file would be looked at.

My status page has the self-reported and official scores, but my page still says no decision even though I was accepted.

@Applesandteeth When do classes for the masters program typically start? It said in my letter that orientation is aug 4th and 5th but do classes start after that or in september? Also, do students who are invited to take dental classes start earlier than others?
Thanks!

Yeah, I had to move in August because of orientation (I'm not from NJ), but most people just got a hotel for a few days for that.

Graduate school classes start in September.
The students who are invited to dental histology or dental physiology start the last week of August.

Reactions: 1 users
Just recently found out about Rutgers and was wondering if it would be too late to apply if I sent everything in this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just recently found out about Rutgers and was wondering if it would be too late to apply if I sent everything in this week?

It's kinda late in the application cycle, but you never know. I would call the office and ask them if they've filled all their seats yet.

@Applesandteeth When do classes for the masters program typically start? It said in my letter that orientation is aug 4th and 5th but do classes start after that or in september? Also, do students who are invited to take dental classes start earlier than others?
Thanks!
Med school (MGM) classes starts second week of August typically

Obv that only applies if you get into that class

Does anyone about the programs advising? Are there advisers or just do your own thing? If there are advisers, are they helpful? @Applesandteeth

Posted using SDN Mobile

Med school (MGM) classes starts second week of August typically

Obv that only applies if you get into that class

I'm sure seats are limited for graduate students but how do you register for the class/what does getting into the class depend on (academics?).

I'm sure seats are limited for graduate students but how do you register for the class/what does getting into the class depend on (academics?).
The school tells you if you are allowed to. They contact people via email saying that they are eligible to take the med school classes.

The school tells you if you are allowed to. They contact people via email saying that they are eligible to take the med school classes.

Do you know when you typically find out about this?
Thanks! :)

Does anyone about the programs advising? Are there advisers or just do your own thing? If there are advisers, are they helpful? @Applesandteeth

Posted using SDN Mobile
I remember reading in the program description that there are advisors as well as personalized advising from RSDM.

Do you know when you typically find out about this?
Thanks! :)
I think like a month to 6 weeks beforehand. They need to finalize the med school class first - so whenever they do that

Reactions: 1 user
I got my acceptance last week! This may be soon but does anyone know where they're going to live next year? I haven't heard back from all the schools I applied to yet but I was getting a head start and was trying to find places nearby to get an idea of expensive apartments are!

I got my acceptance last week! This may be soon but does anyone know where they're going to live next year? I haven't heard back from all the schools I applied to yet but I was getting a head start and was trying to find places nearby to get an idea of expensive apartments are!

congrats! to the newark campus?
join the fb group I made: https://www.facebook.com/groups/385505348254992/

yes to the newark campus! :) and the facebook group is an awesome idea!

Hey all! Got my acceptance last week for newark and decided to join after reading through this thread.

The acceptance was a little informal by email but a few days later I recieved a paper acceptance in the mail. My online application still says no decision so theres that. The times I have spoken with the admissions people they have been very helpful and nice so I wouldnt completely shy away from contacting them.

Im from maryland so I have been looking at apartments in the area. If anyone can recommend neighborhoods for me to look at thatd be awesome.

See you guys on the fb group!

I know this cos i am a medical student there.

Sorry you disagree with the policy but it is what it is....
I know this cos i am a medical student there.

Sorry you disagree with the policy but it is what it is....

Hi robflanker. Do many Medical Scholars get into the medical school? I know if you receive a 3.5gpa and 30 on your MCAT, you get an automatic interview, but I was just wondering if the success rate of that interview is high or low.

Hi robflanker. Do many Medical Scholars get into the medical school? I know if you receive a 3.5gpa and 30 on your MCAT, you get an automatic interview, but I was just wondering if the success rate of that interview is high or low.
No clue - there were about 10 in my class, but i've no idea how many the pool is that tries to get in

No clue - there were about 10 in my class, but i've no idea how many the pool is that tries to get in

Thanks. Just to clarify though, there were 10 medical scholars that moved onto NJMS medical school? or there were only 10 medical scholars in your MS class?

Thanks. Just to clarify though, there were 10 medical scholars that moved onto NJMS medical school? or there were only 10 medical scholars in your MS class?
10 GSBS students went into the NJMS class my year. I know there is at least 2 in the year below me, and at least 2 in the year below that.

10 GSBS students went into the NJMS class my year. I know there is at least 2 in the year below me, and at least 2 in the year below that.

Do you mind me asking what your stats are? I'm just deciding between Tulane's MS and Rutger's. Tulane has an overall 80% success rate into MD, DO, or DDS school, while Rutger's only has 50%. I think based on that I should choose Tulane, but it doesn't have a guaranteed interview like NJMS.

Has anyone heard from admissions lately?

Do you mind me asking what your stats are? I'm just deciding between Tulane's MS and Rutger's. Tulane has an overall 80% success rate into MD, DO, or DDS school, while Rutger's only has 50%. I think based on that I should choose Tulane, but it doesn't have a guaranteed interview like NJMS.
I am a medical student who didn't go to the GSBS program...... don't think my stats help you much.

If you are an NJ resident, NJMS is very good to in-state residents; its less good to OOS

Hey all! Got my acceptance last week for newark and decided to join after reading through this thread.

The acceptance was a little informal by email but a few days later I recieved a paper acceptance in the mail. My online application still says no decision so theres that. The times I have spoken with the admissions people they have been very helpful and nice so I wouldnt completely shy away from contacting them.

Im from maryland so I have been looking at apartments in the area. If anyone can recommend neighborhoods for me to look at thatd be awesome.

See you guys on the fb group!

Based on what i read, there is a on campus housing option - 180 West Market Street apartments. It is across the street from campus + mostly intended for GSBS students.

Based on what i read, there is a on campus housing option - 180 West Market Street apartments. It is across the street from campus + mostly intended for GSBS students.
Intended for all NJMS, NJDS, GSBS, residents, PT students....

I applied for Medical Scholars. 3.4 cgpa 3.4 sgpa 30 MCAT. I was banking on the guaranteed interview for NJMS, but I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore.
I think I can get a higher MCAT score if I study more, but I think I'd have to take the new MCAT :( At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm going to Tulane instead. I'm 80% sure, unless you guys have anything to convince me otherwise?

Does anyone know anything about the AAP program for the piscataway campus. NJMS seems to like their GSBS students but I don't know how legit the GSBS program at RWJMS is...any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Has anyone heard back from either the Newark or Piscataway Programs in the past week to two weeks? Still waiting to hear back :/

Has anyone heard back from either the Newark or Piscataway Programs in the past week to two weeks? Still waiting to hear back :/

I don't know if this is true or not, but when I got my acceptance letter from Newark it said I had to let them know of my final decision by May 6th. So they're probably waiting to hear back from more people and if some people reject the offer then they'll send out more acceptances.

@robflanker

If I am entering as a medical scholar this upcoming fall 2014, then am I applying to NJMS to enter fall 2015 or fall 2016? The reason why I ask is because the AAP program at the piscataway campus eliminates the 'glide' year; however, no class credits will transfer to med school. Thanks for all your help!

@robflanker

If I am entering as a medical scholar this upcoming fall 2014, then am I applying to NJMS to enter fall 2015 or fall 2016? The reason why I ask is because the AAP program at the piscataway campus eliminates the 'glide' year; however, no class credits will transfer to med school. Thanks for all your help!
You can apply to whichever you want - depends if you have the rest of your app in order.... LOR, MCAT, ECs, research... it also depends on how much GPA repair you need (if you need a lot, you will want to apply with a full year of grades under your belt)

If you don't, then apply 2016; if you do, consider 2015

I don't know if this is true or not, but when I got my acceptance letter from Newark it said I had to let them know of my final decision by May 6th. So they're probably waiting to hear back from more people and if some people reject the offer then they'll send out more acceptances.

that makes sense. Hopefully I will hear something back after the 6th.

Just got my acceptance to dental scholars!:clap:

Reactions: 4 users