Rutgers Pharmacy Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokkinbubbles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a student currently enrolled in the 7-year BS/PharmD joint program between Montclair State and Rutgers, and I will have an interview from EMSOP some time in April. I was wondering how the interview is like, what questions might be asked, what can I expect, etc. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I assume you're applying to transfer in?.

Members don't see this ad :)

Urgghh....honestly...you got a very hard obstacle to beat. If you're applying to transfer in, the stats are damn near impossible. In 2010 (my year), there were about 15 spots available with 2200 applicants. I'm sure the numbers are much worst now. One of my good friends got in, and she said that during the interview it's all about conveying your passion for pharmacy. I'm just going to bump this thread so someone with real exp can help answer your questions.

Urgghh....honestly...you got a very hard obstacle to beat. If you're applying to transfer in, the stats are damn near impossible. In 2010 (my year), there were about 15 spots available with 2200 applicants. I'm sure the numbers are much worst now. One of my good friends got in, and she said that during the interview it's all about conveying your passion for pharmacy. I'm just going to bump this thread so someone with real exp can help answer your questions.

Ah, I see. I mean for this program I'm in, my advisor says that I'm guaranteed a spot. I just have to maintain a 3.5+ GPA and then pass the interview, and I'm in, hopefully!

Ah, I see. I mean for this program I'm in, my advisor says that I'm guaranteed a spot. I just have to maintain a 3.5+ GPA and then pass the interview, and I'm in, hopefully!

Ah..if you have a guaranteed spot then you shouldn't worry at all. That interview is just customary.

I interviewed there. Nothing too odd, except the "sell me this pen" and "what jungle animal would you be?" kind of tripped me up.

I interviewed there. Nothing too odd, except the "sell me this pen" and "what jungle animal would you be?" kind of tripped me up.

Oh, what other questions were you asked? I also heard there was an essay– is the topic just generally random?

Status
Not open for further replies.