Rutgers Post Bacc 2017.. Military Vet What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Csquared1987

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing my research on this site, and different university Post Bacc programs for the past few days so hear I go...I'm taking summer classes right now and will graduate in December with a BBA in healthcare systems management from a small college in NYC(MCNY). Recently I've spoken to a few of my new professors and some are actually MDs, and I've recently thought about eventually attending medical school.

ADVANTAGES

1. MILITARY VET
2. As of December I'll have 16mos left on my G.I. Bill so paying for a Post Bacc wouldn't be an issue
3. I just turned 29 a few weeks ago. I say that this is an advantage because I've matured a lot and I really wanna push and challenge myself with school, as a teen and in my early 20s I didn't take HS or college serious and my grades and SAT scores showed that. Joining the military and finally finding a sense of direction has helped me a ton.
4. I wouldn't have to work at all during the program because my stipend every month would be more than enough to cover my expenses.
5. An NJ Resident live 10mins from Newark

DISADVANTAGES

1. My GPA as of today is 3.04. I know it's kind of borderline but with these last 2 semesters I know I can bring it up a bit. I'm take 18 credits this summer, and 18 in the fall to graduate in December.

2. Like I stated earlier my SAT scores were bad I don't even remember what they were I took them 12yrs ago.

3. My GPA in HS was bad also

4. Don't have the prerequisite science classes for medical school(Which may not be a be a bad thing)

I live right outside of Newark as I stated before so I was looking at the AAMC post bacc programs in the NYC/NJ area and of course Columbia looks great and is ivy but I'm sure I may not get accepted into the program because I don't quite meet the prerequisites . The programs that intrigue me the most are Rutgers PreHealth and NYU They're programs prefers you have little to no science courses taken which I do, and they don't require an MCAT score (haven't taken it yet) or any standardized test so those bad SAT scores wouldn't hurt me. Also NYU and Rutgers are both Yellow Ribbon Programs which is perfect for my situation, and I would be able to finish the programs in a little over a year . I don't have any children yet, and I wouldn't have to a have job distracting me from my studies while in the program being that i'm using my G.I. Bill.

Do I have a chance to get in either one of thesePost Bacc Programs? Also how is the Rutgers PreHealth? Any feedback I received from anyone on here would be highly appreciative.

Members don't see this ad.