Rutgers vs UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrFoofs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your opinions please! Got accepted to both and can't decide.

I would like to know about the atmosphere of both schools (snow vs swamp), board pass rates, clinical exposure, how exams are done (blocked or weekly), the facilities and the possibilities of specializing. If you have anything else, please share!

So far, I like both schools and please don't say to pick whichever is cheapest because money is not what I want to be worried about because this is an investment for my future.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

They both have high boards rates, both have good clinical exposure (Maybe Rugters has an advantage on this since it's in Newark), both give you chances of specializing. idk how either exams are done.

but two completely different locations, if money isn't the issue then I choose UF. I just couldn't see myself living in Newark for 4 years without family close by. IMO

They do block exams, on the computer, in the IDL rooms at UF.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about the specialization rates? I know I shouldn't be thinking about that this early on, but I want that door to be open to me if it appeals to me while in school

Money is not what you want to be worried about because you're making an investment on your future? Choosing a cost efficient school is a an investment on your future. Its acknowledging that you'd have a much more manageable debt. A more manageable debt allows you to pay down school debt faster, it allows you to put money aside for a practice faster, it allows you to experience more worth while CE courses FASTER when you're done with school, it allows you to pick a worth while residency without the interest accumulation killing you overnight while you learn as much as you can possible can.

Cost matters. i'm assuming you'd be saving on living expenses if UF is your state school. Open up a loan calculator do the numbers. Do it for future MrFoofs.

Reactions: 2 users
Money is not what you want to be worried about because you're making an investment on your future? Choosing a cost efficient school is a an investment on your future. Its acknowledging that you'd have a much more manageable debt. A more manageable debt allows you to pay down school debt faster, it allows you to put money aside for a practice faster, it allows you to experience more worth while CE courses FASTER when you're done with school, it allows you to pick a worth while residency without the interest accumulation killing you overnight while you learn as much as you can possible can.

Cost matters. i'm assuming you'd be saving on living expenses if UF is your state school. Open up a loan calculator do the numbers. Do it for future MrFoofs.
And I understand that, however, I didn't want to have everyone here tell me to pick the cheapest school. I'm trying to look at both schools holistically and decide what is best for me.