RxPrep ..... then and now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmgrlnxdor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just was curious if anyone else noticed the dramatic change in the Rxprep quiz bank from before their update (prior to the 2014 New Year) and now.

My school ( a new one ) purchased the quiz banks for us more than six months prior to graduation, but made it a requirement that we get through all the quiz banks with a score above a certain percent before graduation. Most of my classmates did not bother to even glance at the website until two to three months before graduation.

I, on the other hand, cranked out half of the necessary quiz banks before our one month winter break was even over. At the time, I was flabbergasted with how easy the quiz banks were. Having had some real doozy type exams/quizzes in pharmacy school, I reveled in the fact that the Rxprep quiz banks were freaking easy! I was getting 80-100% without even trying. A graduate of our school the year before told me that all he had done for test preparation was the quiz banks and that he even noticed that a number of questions were almost verbatim. The test bank quizzes were so easy they reminded me of the pleasure of taking easy undergraduate classes prior to pharmacy school. My concern regarding taking the Naplex was seriously reduced seeing as I was getting incredibly high scores on the quiz banks. I felt very confident. This was in December.

Fast forward to February when I went back to take some more Rxprep quiz bank quizzes to complete the requirements of my school.....holy cow, it was totally different with the number of check ALL that apply questions having quadrupled. This of course made getting through the other half of the quiz bank questions that much harder.

So what gives? Did the difficulty level of the Naplex really change that much in one year thus necessitating such a drastic change in the difficulty level of the questions, or is all the hype about the fact that there are going to be more check all that apply and K-type questions over exaggerated to ensure better pass rates? Would love to hear any opinions from those that noticed the change.

....we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming....for me that is more Rxprep quiz bank questions, ..... yay

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I also noticed this one too. I used RXPREP 2013 quiz bank, there were no "Select all that apply type of questions" However, my membership expired. I am planning to buy a new one. At that time questions bank were very easy. What do you think how tough RXPREP Quiz Bank 2014 is now?

How many ranking, point-and-click, short answer fill in- types questions are there? in 2014.

I don't have a breakdown of the number of the different types of questions. There are a lot of check all that apply, equal to at least half of the questions or at the very least a third of the questions. Yes the 2014 quiz bank series of questions is a lot harder than the 2013 series of questions.

I expect this has a lot more to do with the fact that if you don't get 80%, RxPrep "recommends" you buy their ~$1000 course offerings lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how serious they are about the 80% rule they mandate. I'm getting 50-60% and find the quizzes pretty hard.
Am I going to fail because I'm not hitting 80%??

I think they set the bar that high to make sure that most of us try our best driven by anxiety.

Considering how much they charge for the lessons to help "remediate" these low scores, I respectfully but vehemently disagree XD they're likely doing that for the money instead.