Sackler 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm currently a 4th year and i know that the surgery and rads kids did not have any connections neither did our urology guy. i find it a tad insulting that someone who doesnt know a single person in my class would just make assumptions like that.

on a separate note...even if someone does have a connection, they still need to be a qualified applicant which takes a lot of hard work and their acheivment should not be down played.

Could any 4th year or recent grads from Sackler please comment on this? I find it hard to believe that so much of Sackler's apparent success can be attributed to nepotism. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that nepotism isn't a part of the field of medicine and that it doesn't factor in to some people's success, but if all Sackler students were so well connected, why are they at Sackler to begin with instead of US school where they have family connections or what not? Seems like the poster might be painting with broad strokes, although I might be wrong, which is why I would like some other people to possibly weigh in.

Members don't see this ad.

I second wiscobadgers comment...

Last night I dreamed about falafel, the Mediterranean sea and smoking hot, pushy Israeli women. :love:

When are the next round of decisions going out?!?!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the sackler office this week and they said the committee is meeting next week, but They didn't tell me what day. Maybe someone else should call to make sure.

I called the sackler office this week and they said the committee is meeting next week, but They didn't tell me what day. Maybe someone else should call to make sure.

Ya I called and they told me the same thing...beginning of May

Would anyone who has already been accepted care to share their stats?

I interviewed at the beginning of April, but I have not received notification yet. The wait is killing me.

Does anyone know if people who were waitlisted in the last round are supposed to hear back this upcoming cycle (beginning of may) also?

Members don't see this ad :)
this wait is hard, and I just called but I didn't get more info other than "we are reviewing all applications". So no one has heard anything since after the holiday?? I interviewed in mid-march and feels like I've been waiting forever. Imagine all this waiting just to get bad news.

this wait is hard, and I just called but I didn't get more info other than "we are reviewing all applications". So no one has heard anything since after the holiday?? I interviewed in mid-march and feels like I've been waiting forever. Imagine all this waiting just to get bad news.

Did they say when the next round of decisions will be made? I interviewed at the end of January and have not heard back yet.

Did they say when the next round of decisions will be made? I interviewed at the end of January and have not heard back yet.

No other than that a decision might come anytime starting next week to June, so I guess we have no option but to keep waiting.

accepted today!
interviewed 2/14
36R mcat, 3.8 gpa
SO EXCITED!

Awesome!! New decisions are coming, hopefully my file was on their last committee meeting, I want this wait to be over. Anyone else hear who interviewed in March have any news?

Last edited:
Awesome!! New decisions are coming, hopefully my file was on their last committee meeting, I want this wait to be over. Anyone else hear who interviewed in March have any news?

Nothing yet...

As far as I'm aware, acceptances come via mail and wl/rejections via email.

I received an acceptance via snail mail postmarked May 6th. I wish all of you the best of luck. Are any of you planning on being in Israel for the summer? I'm thinking of going to ulpan and seminary.

I received an acceptance via snail mail postmarked May 6th. I wish all of you the best of luck. Are any of you planning on being in Israel for the summer? I'm thinking of going to ulpan and seminary.

Depends when/if I get the news I'm hoping for.

I didn't get anything in the mail, and I live very close to NYC so anything mailed on the 6th should have arrived by now. I also didn't get anything through my e-mail. Im assuming my file wasn't reviewed in the last committee meeting, so the wait continues :(

I didn't get anything in the mail, and I live very close to NYC so anything mailed on the 6th should have arrived by now. I also didn't get anything through my e-mail. Im assuming my file wasn't reviewed in the last committee meeting, so the wait continues :(

Solid reasoning. I'm in your shoes as well.

"Sackler Class of 2015, American Program" is the name of the official accepted students group on facebook.

has anyone received a rejection, without even having an interview? i applied back in january, and haven't had an interview. I have called several times and I keep getting the same answer "still reviewing applications.."

Does anyone know when the last decision will be for acceptance? Also has there been anyone wait listed or actually rejected thus far? If so how do the rejections come?

Does anyone know when the last decision will be for acceptance? Also has there been anyone wait listed or actually rejected thus far? If so how do the rejections come?

Good question. I don't know of anyone that was rejected, but I bet if someone was, they're probably no longer checking in on this message board to respond. There are, however, people who have been waitlisted. See above.

How long did it take for you all to set up an interview after being invited for an interview and then how far out was the interview scheduled?

I'm late in the game here at Sackler; I actually was accepted to the other American Israeli program (BGU MSIH) and then after recently finding out about the program sent a super late application (a little less than 2 weeks ago), was complete this morning and invited right after for an interview. Hopefully I'm not too late but heh it's better late than never.

I finally e-mailed and found out I was waitlisted a month ago.
I never got the e-mail they said they sent me.

I would encourage you to inquire if you haven't heard back. If you are waitlisted, you only get 1 week to respond.

I would encourage you to inquire if you haven't heard back. If you are waitlisted, you only get 1 week to respond.
Did they give you another week or they told you too bad????

If I can ask, how did you enquire about your status? Did you call or e-mail them? When I call I always get the usual "it's under review", maybe I should email them instead?

Seems to me, for everybody that's worrying, they're going through the people who applied earlier. For people like me (interviewed in april)....I'm sure they just haven't gotten to us yet, so now isn't the time to worry yet.

I unfortunately have been rejected which obviously crushed me. Although in fairness i wanted to check back in and answer my own question for those who didnt know.
The rejections come via snail mail, mine was sent out on may 9th. I interviewed the first week of April.
I wish you all good luck since, I didnt have much of that this time going around.
Although bitterly I say this, to all wondering< Sackler is an amazing school and it would have been a dream of mine to study there for all the obvious and personal reason.
Good luck all and hope no-one experiences my pain!

I'm currently in China and my brother just called me from the states to tell me I just received my acceptance from sackler via snail mail! Definitely very excited. I interviewed early February btw.

Received acceptance letter in the mail May 11!! (Dated May 6)
Interviewed mid Feb. From Toronto.
Good luck to the rest of you!!!

For those of you recently accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?

For those of you recently accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?

30O
3.7 GPA
Lots of community service and medical internships

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Thanks guys. Im right there with ya with my stats, so hopefully I'll be there with ya in TV.

Sorry to change the tone of the conversation, but is anyone here worried at all about the political climate in Israel and any escalating terror that might have a big impact on someone willing to spend the next 4 years in Israel?

Sorry to change the tone of the conversation, but is anyone here worried at all about the political climate in Israel and any escalating terror that might have a big impact on someone willing to spend the next 4 years in Israel?

Yeah it's crossed my mind for sure. The whole region is such a question mark right now. And the PA/Hamas will be petitioning the UN for recognition of statehood in September, so **** could blow up in a big way this Fall.

At the same time security is a huge priority in Israel, and many many people are working incredibly hard to keep Israelis safe. They do an amazing job in an incredibly challenging and constantly changing situation.

I think you'd be crazy to NOT be concerned in the slightest. Syria could plausibly fall apart in the next four years, with unforeseeable consequences emanating from Hezbollah in Lebanon....and on and on with the hypotheticals. It's just a clusterf**k. Nobody can guarantee your safety, but Tel Aviv will most likely not become a pile of rubble (let's hope) any time soon. There will be problems, maybe (probably?) major problems, but life will go on. That's my $0.02 anyway.

At least you can guarantee this: You'll have a more interesting experience living in Israel for 4 years than living in middle America.

Good luck! :luck:

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this information - it can't be easy but is much appreciated as you have helped give others a more complete view of the ongoing process. Best of luck to you, too.
I unfortunately have been rejected which obviously crushed me. Although in fairness i wanted to check back in and answer my own question for those who didnt know.
The rejections come via snail mail, mine was sent out on may 9th. I interviewed the first week of April.
I wish you all good luck since, I didnt have much of that this time going around.
Although bitterly I say this, to all wondering< Sackler is an amazing school and it would have been a dream of mine to study there for all the obvious and personal reason.
Good luck all and hope no-one experiences my pain!

Thanks DrVariables for your information; it makes me a tad more nervous for my interview but it's good to know.

Does anyone know what the attrition rate at Sackler is? I saw the match list and was very impressed but it left me wondering if this is like the Caribbean where the match list is impressive but you know lots of people don't even get to that point.