Sackler 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fhocker4life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Sackler this year? My application is complete but I don't think they start giving out interviews until the late fall?? I hate waiting...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying. Just filled out the app. I've heard they do everything on a later schedule. I visited the school when I was in Israel last April... one of the students said I could still apply for the 2011 class...

i just applied. Do u know the avg stats? Im 32 mcat and 3.6 gpa from berkeley. My friend got in last year with a 34 and 3.4 gps

Members don't see this ad :)
go on google and look up "sackler 2015" on the sdn forums and people post what their stats were and whether or not they got in. But your scores look very good so you shouldn't worry. Did anyone get an interview request? I just got one today.

Stats: 3.56 gpa and 31P MCAT

Seeing this thread makes me so happy! I'm currently a first-year student at Sackler. I gave up an allopathic spot in the U.S. to come here (best decision EVER). All of your stats look great (any MCAT 27+ & GPA 3.4+ stands a solid chance of admission). I wouldn't worry so much about those - once you get the invite for the interview it's much more about showing them you have an easy-going personality that'll adjust swimmingly to life in another country. & if you're serious about coming here, you need to SHOW THEM. A lot of resources every year are spent on trying to weed out qualified applicants who don't really want to go here. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them my way :]]]

thank you for your enthusiasm. what do you love about it? How early in your training are you exposed to patient encounters and how early do you need to be Hebrew fluent?

I have an interview first. I've been looking for their latest matching list all over the web, but nada. Is there anyone here (maybe the 1st year students at tel aviv?) who might have an inkling as for how the matching list looked like? thanks.

Hows it going everyone? I have a Sackler interview in about a week, really excited about it. Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you ?

Had my interview today, went very well. The doctor straight up said he would recommend me to the school so that's very encouraging. Follow the advice of the sababa guy and you'll do fine.

Here's the list, its the first thing that comes up when you type in sackler 2011 match list I don't know how you couldn't find it.
CLASS OF 2011 RESIDENCY POSITIONS:

ANESTHESIOLOGY
Boston University Medical Center, Boston Massachusetts
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Monteifore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
University of California San Francisco Program, San Francisco, California
University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hosp., Rochester, New York

FAMILY MEDICINE
Jackson Memorial Hospital Program, Miami, Florida
Kaiser Permanente Orange County, California
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut

INTERNAL MEDICINE
George Washington University, Washington, DC
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, New York
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
Drexel University COM/Hahnemann University Hosp., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Johns Hopkins University/Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
Lenox Hill Hospital Program, New York, New York
Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
Mount Sinai School of Medicine Program, New York, New York
Oregon Health & Science University Program, Portland, Oregon
SUNY Health Science Center, Brooklyn, New York
Winthrop University Hospital Program, Mineola, New York
Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York

MEDICINE PRELIMINARY
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Monteifore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
Louisiana State University/Ochsner Clinic Foundation Prgm., New Orleans, Louisiana
University of Missouri at Kansas City Program, Kansas City, Missouri

EMERGENCY MEDICINE
Rhode Island Hospital/Brown University Program, Providence, Rhode Island
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts

OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Emory University Program, Atlanta, Georgia
Lutheran Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
St. Barnabas Medical Center Program, Livingston, New Jersey

OPHTHALMOLOGY
Louisiana State University/Ochsner Clinic Foundation Prgm., New Orleans, Louisiana
George Washington University, Washington, DC

OTOLARYNGOLOGY
University of Pennsylvania Program, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

PEDIATRICS
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, New York
Childrens National Medical Center/George Washington U. Program, Washington, DC
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, New York
St. Louis Childrens Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut
University of New Mexico Program, Albuquerque, New Mexico

PEDIATRICS PRELIMINARY
SUNY Health Science Center, Brooklyn New York

PSYCHIATRY
Georgetown University Hospital Program, Washington, DC
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

PHYSICIAL MEDICINE & REHABILATION
Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Mount. Sinai School of Medicine Program, New York, New York

RADIOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC
Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, New York
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center Program, Bronx, New York
Mount. Sinai School of Medicine Program, New York, New York

SURGERY
Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Monteifore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
Drexel University COM/Hahnemann University Hosp., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, California

SURGERY PRELIMINARY
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts

TRANSITIONAL
Maryland General Hospital, Baltimore Maryland
St. Mary's Mercy Hospital, Livonia, Michigan

Urology
Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan

Members don't see this ad :)
Where was your interview? What else did the Dr. tell you?
I had my interview last week, I am super excited. I hope everyone gets an interview ;)

Last edited:
my interview was in San Diego. We didn't really talk about anything specific except if I was willing and able to study in another country, specifically Israel. We talked for about an hour, mainly about his experiences with medical school and we also talked about some medical treatments. He asked me about some of my work in the Emergency department. I think mainly he was looking to see if A. I could study in Israel, and B. I could hold a normal conversation and communicate well. It was very relaxed.

"I think that mainly he was looking to see if A. I could study inIsrael, and B. I could hold a normal conversation and communicate well. It was very relaxed." tendus.

I couldn't agree more! The Interview was the best interview I have had so far!! Mine was in Florida. We had a very interesting conversation that lasted about forty five minutes. It was very relaxed and diverse.

I guess we have to wait a long one here... according to the website they start notifying students starting March all the way through August. Do you think that they will evaluate early applicants' interview before the end of this year? Wouldn't that be nice?

Last edited:
" Do you think that they will evaluate early applicants' interview before the end of this year? Wouldn’t that be nice?"

Maybe, I mean they are having interviews wayyyyy earlier than last cycle. I think the earliest interviews went out in January last cycle, so it seems like they are starting earlier this time. Could be due to inc in applicants though.

Hey Guys
for those of you with II, how long did it take between application complete and interview? Also, did they tell you when they received your transcripts or LORs or do you have to keep emailing the admission office?
Good luck everyone!

I submitted mine at the beginning Oct and had my interview during the last week of Nov.

Did anyone else had/scheduled an interview?

I guess we have to wait a long one here... according to the website they start notifying students starting March all the way through August. Do you think that they will evaluate early applicants' interview before the end of this year? Wouldn’t that be nice? [/QUOTE]

It seems like they are definitely doing things earlier this year than last. I have my interview this coming Monday, and I am so excited! I wish we could find out by the end of the year... that would be awesome!

I interviewed in Washington, DC. It was really relaxed and laid-back. I think it went really well! I'm looking forward to hearing within the next few months. good luck to everyone else

Any news for those who had their interview already?

Last edited:
Hey guys

Just had an interview and it was so laid-back and relaxing. It took literally 15 mins tops.:)

Just wanted to let you all know that my interviewer told me that he checked with the admissions office and their decisions will go out late march/early april. looks like we will be patiently waiting until then.

Wow, that is such a long wait... :(
I can't sleep already :)

I had an interview in Seattle two weeks ago, and got asked the same set of questions others have already posted. My interviewer was really focused on making sure I could handle moving to Israel for 4 years and still do well in school.

anyone who applied in late november or early december get an invite yet?

It seems like the office will reopen on Jan 2nd, 2012

Happy new year to all of us.

Hey guys, I'm also applying to Sackler. I was invited to interview 11/21, and I went to the interview this past Friday, 1/13. It was pretty laid back. I basically spent 2 hours having a conversation with my interviewer, which included a lot of him praising Sackler and talking about how much he liked it when he was a student there. He told me he's going to strongly recommend me to Admissions. So I'm hoping for the best and preparing for a long wait, since it seems Sackler takes forever to make a final decision.

Hey guys, I'm also applying to Sackler. I was invited to interview 11/21, and I went to the interview this past Friday, 1/13. It was pretty laid back. I basically spent 2 hours having a conversation with my interviewer, which included a lot of him praising Sackler and talking about how much he liked it when he was a student there. He told me he's going to strongly recommend me to Admissions. So I'm hoping for the best and preparing for a long wait, since it seems Sackler takes forever to make a final decision.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply?

Back in Late August/Early September I think.

Just interviewed, it went well. (Applied at the end of December, was offerred an interview 2 days after submitting my application) The interview was very relaxed and short. She went over my application with me, and then asked some questions about my experiences with Israel and why I want to be a doctor.

Please post your decisions as you get them! Very anxious to hear back!
:)

I hope to hear from sacker soon... My money is being wasted on deposits to other schools... :(

With 20 research publications in cardiology and oncology journals, I hope that admissions considers this because I am serious about moving to Israel for medicine. Hope to see some of you there but I have not heard back regarding scheduling an interview.

With 20 research publications in cardiology and oncology journals, I hope that admissions considers this because I am serious about moving to Israel for medicine. Hope to see some of you there but I have not heard back regarding scheduling an interview.

I think the program is intended for people that want to come back and do residency in the states or Canada (if possible). It seems that with the Ben Gurion Med school some people each year stay and do residency in Israel. If you look at the match list for Sackler from the most recent year I don't see anybody match in Israel. You could always do your residency in the states and then move back to Israel.

Last edited:
Of course I would do residency in the states. It is all about the USMLE.

I received a request for a second interview, not sure what to make of it. I know of one person who got one last year and he got in, so that's a positive way to look at it. Or maybe they thought I was weird and they want a second opinion. Although i thought my first interview went really well, i spent and hour talking to the guy and he told me he was for sure going to recommend me. I don't know what the deal is...

I don't know what a second interview means, it can't be bad though - they want to get to know you better!

I called today, the school said the admissions committee won't be meeting until late March. She said they only go over some of the applications during that time, so even if you applied or interviewed early, they might not have even reviewed your application.

If you don't hear back at that time, I wouldn't worry because it doesn't mean they don't like you, it means they probably didn't see your application yet.

Good luck everyone!

Thats strange because I called about two weeks ago and was told they meet once a month, and the next meeting would be mid february. unless they just met in the last few days?

I asked specifically about decisions, so maybe they meet to review applications, but not to make any formal decisions.

no i was notified about this a couple of weeks ago, like mid January.

When I spoke to the admissions office this week I was told that decisions were going to go out in march, and they earlier you interviewed, the more likely you'd hear earlier. The woman also said that they were going to try to have the decisions out as early in march as possible. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

When I spoke to the admissions office this week I was told that decisions were going to go out in march, and they earlier you interviewed, the more likely you'd hear earlier. The woman also said that they were going to try to have the decisions out as early in march as possible. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Oh wow, that is pretty soon... This wait is so hard:scared:

It's looks as thought the application process goes until June 1st and that final decisions are released from march to August. I'm still waiting for word on whether I am going for an interview. Is anyone else waiting for a first interview?

Did you call/e-mail to make sure your application is complete?

Received an email indicating one outstanding item that was then delivered by the next day. Nothing since... I should follow-up, also just published another paper since but I don't suppose that they are interested in a paper that uses milti modality imaging for assessing aortas...

Received an email indicating one outstanding item that was then delivered by the next day. Nothing since... I should follow-up, also just published another paper since but I don't suppose that they are interested in a paper that uses milti modality imaging for assessing aortas...

Good for you! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumb up:

I called the office and the nice lady insisted that she had never heard about a second interview... So... I am not sure what is going on here...

But it seems that I've had my expectations high before registering to this website...