Sackler 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm waiting on an interview as well.
I called the office this morning. she confirmed that admissions decision won't be made until late march, but there should be another round of interview invites at some point in February whenever the committee meets again.
Good luck to everyone!

Interview!! I am curious how much the interview is worth?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's hard to tell... Does an interview with Sackler mean they are ok with your numbers and want to establish an opinion about your personality? I don't know.

Quick question for anyone in the know....their website specifically indicates that Sackler grads aren't treated as foreign medical grads in New York. I'm curious - does this extend to all other states as well? Or do I have to take the foreign medical exam for all residencies outside of NY? Thanks!

Quick question for anyone in the know....their website specifically indicates that Sackler grads aren't treated as foreign medical grads in New York. I'm curious - does this extend to all other states as well? Or do I have to take the foreign medical exam for all residencies outside of NY? Thanks!

I am pretty sure that its only for New York. That is why a fairly large percentage of its graduates do residency in New York. Its probably easier to get more competitive residencies there as well.

As a graduating 4th year, I can tell you that there is no "foreign medical exam" anywhere. You take the steps, and although you will be considered an IMG in most places, you can be considered for a residency position anywhere in the US without additional exams. Sacklers are considered strongly in NY because people know us in NY, but that's starting to be true for a lot of other locations too.

Good luck to all of you waiting for responses - Sackler is a great place!

As a graduating 4th year, I can tell you that there is no "foreign medical exam" anywhere. You take the steps, and although you will be considered an IMG in most places, you can be considered for a residency position anywhere in the US without additional exams. Sacklers are considered strongly in NY because people know us in NY, but that's starting to be true for a lot of other locations too.

Great, thank you! :thumbup:

Finally submitted my application a few days ago and received an interview invite today! So excited. Did anyone here by chance interview in Portland, OR?

The opportunity to spend four years studying in Israel sounds incredible.

Just called to update my mailing address. She said decisions will go out at the end of March via snail mail.

The wait is getting so hard!

Please start posting decisions as you get them.
Good luck to all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called to update my mailing address. She said decisions will go out at the end of March via snail mail.

The wait is getting so hard!

Please start posting decisions as you get them.
Good luck to all :)

I was told that the adcom meets tomorrow.... hmmmm.

I was told that the adcom meets tomorrow.... hmmmm.

Did you talk to them today? The woman on the phone seemed out of the loop, she said I'd hear back between March and August - HUGE window. I need to make decisions about summer and next year!
I hope whoever you talked to knows better! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you talk to them today? The woman on the phone seemed out of the loop, she said I'd hear back between March and August - HUGE window. I need to make decisions about summer and next year!
I hope whoever you talked to knows better! :xf:

Someone I had spoken to who had interviewed recently claimed that this is what the interviewer had told them. Looking through previous threads as well as this one suggests that the people in the office are often somewhat uninformed as to when the decisions are made. I suspect that most of us who have interviewed will hear something this month or early April. It might be that those who end up on the waitlist won't find out their 'final status' until sometime during the summer. :bang:

Someone I had spoken to who had interviewed recently claimed that this is what the interviewer had told them. Looking through previous threads as well as this one suggests that the people in the office are often somewhat uninformed as to when the decisions are made. I suspect that most of us who have interviewed will hear something this month or early April. It might be that those who end up on the waitlist won't find out their 'final status' until sometime during the summer. :bang:

Thanks jf1987!

:luck: good luck everybody!

Snail mail should be on its way I suspect. If anybody gets something let us know please! I am in Canada so it's going to take longer for me.

what makes you suspect this? did they tell you that the first round of acceptances went out? If you use last years thread as a model, then we prob wont be getting acceptances/waitlists until early April.

what makes you suspect this? did they tell you that the first round of acceptances went out? If you use last years thread as a model, then we prob wont be getting acceptances/waitlists until early April.

Someone I spoke to who recently interviewed said that they were told that the adcoms were meeting on the 6th of March to make decisions. However, this could be wrong.

I received my Sackler acceptance letter in the mail today! YAHOO!! first med school acceptance. couldn't be happier. :D

I received my Sackler acceptance letter in the mail today! YAHOO!! first med school acceptance. couldn't be happier. :D

Congratulations!!! :D

When I spoke to the office they said they aren't reviewing all applicants right now (just the earliest batch of applicants). So that I and others have an idea if they looked at our applications or not in this meeting, when did you submit your application and when did you interview?

i was early FOR SURE. I was complete September 9th, II November 14, interviewed a week later.

Accepted today too! I also was complete in September. Interviewed dec 13th... Good luck!

You guys get mail on Saturday eh?

We don't get mail on Saturdays here in Canada. Maybe monday...

I interviewed Dec 1st and I live in NY and have yet to get a letter..it might just be because of mail delivery issues. Im going to call the office tomorrow and ask them about it! Hope my letter comes tomorrow though!

What were you're scores to those accepted ?

ACCEPTED!!! First acceptance!:love: finally after 8 interviews!

Has anyone spoken to them this week?

Does anyone know if there is any chance we can get decisions via e-mail? If we don't receive mail this round does it mean we were rejected, or does it mean our applications haven't been reviewed? I tried calling them but they were very busy and couldn't answer any questions.

Has anyone spoken to them this week?

Does anyone know if there is any chance we can get decisions via e-mail? If we don't receive mail this round does it mean we were rejected, or does it mean our applications haven't been reviewed? I tried calling them but they were very busy and couldn't answer any questions.

It's match week this week. Don't expect them to answer any questions until next week.

Has anyone received an interview invite lately? if so, when did you submit your applications?

wait listed via e-mail :(

3.2 29R (11 7 11)

Interviewed mid Jan

Anyone know how hard it is to get off the WL?

wait listed via e-mail :(

3.2 29R (11 7 11)

Interviewed mid Jan

Anyone know how hard it is to get off the WL?

Congrats, I think that since you interviewed in January that you will have a good chance at going from WL to accepted. I know of someone that is considering to apply still.

Does anyone know whether the WL moves by interview date or by file score?

Congrats, I think that since you interviewed in January that you will have a good chance at going from WL to accepted. I know of someone that is considering to apply still.

Does anyone know whether the WL moves by interview date or by file score?

Thanks for the optimism! I needed that! :)

Why do you think that its good I interviewed in January? My stats are really low
I don't know how they consider wait lists

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the optimism! I needed that! :)

Why do you think that its good I interviewed in January? My stats are really low
I don't know how they consider wait lists

As I understand, the entire application is considered rather than simply GPA and MCAT scores.

Has anyone spoken to them for this week? Does anyone know if they are still sending out acceptances?

this school kicks butt

i'm a graduating 4th year, and it was definitely worth it to come here. you guys should all have an insane time here if you end up making an appearance...

if you have any questions, let me know. i'll post a match list sometime this coming week

hey, you speak like a pediatrician...

Last edited:
Has someone made a Sackler accepted facebook page yet, or should i make one?

haven't heard of a fb page yet...

question: how long after the interview did you hear back of your acceptance?

I interviewed way back in November, and the first acceptances I know came out a week or two ago. I got my acceptance on the 12th on march

Can any current or alum Sackler students please comment on this. Im concerned about getting residency out of sackler. How does residency matches here compare to the carrib? I know sackler is far better but im curious about numbers, places and competitiveness of matching. Also, I heard sackler does not have patient simulation center. What do students do to learn for this section of the boards?

LIJInternal Medicine Prelim
UPennAnesthesiology
Penn StateAnesthesiology
JeffersonAnesthesiology
University of Illinois Chicago Anesthesiology
University of ArizonaAnesthesiology
SUNY Downstate taten island LIJAnesthesiology
med-prelim
SUNY DownstateER
Penn StateER
UC/Swedish HospitalFamily Medicine
AlbanyFamily Medicine