Sackler University, Tel Aviv, Israel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

PB

Hello,
does anyone attend Sackler or know someone who attends Sackler?
I've heard good things about their clinical programs. Also, I've heard that it's very comparable to any U.S. school, and their USMLE rates are over 90%.
Please provide me with more information if you have it. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

hi, i know alot about the sackler faculty of medicine, though i'm not attending there.
i do know it's hard to accept, like all med schools in israel. i'm attending the faculty of medicine in hadassa ein karem in jerusalem, though i don't study medicine, i study pharmacy (just finished my 1st year), but if all goes well i will transfer to medicine at the end of next year.
what i can tell you about the hadassa med school is that it's one of the finest in the world. and it is known around the world too.
not to mention the fact that it's great to study in jerusalem.
i would like to here more about you, where are you from, what's your name, what are you studing, and if you have more questions i would be happy to try to help.
my e-mail is: [email protected]
looking forward to here from you.
osnat
Originally posted by PB:
Hello,
does anyone attend Sackler or know someone who attends Sackler?
I've heard good things about their clinical programs. Also, I've heard that it's very comparable to any U.S. school, and their USMLE rates are over 90%.
Please provide me with more information if you have it. Thanks so much!

Sackler is first-rate. It has an office in New York City through which US students should apply for the American program, which is separate from the Israeli students. I no longer have access to the details--when I retired I left everything for my successor.
I had no reason to look for a web site, but I'll bet they have one. Otherwise, the US office is in New York City, Manhattan.

US students are not encouraged to transfer back to a US med school, so if you go you will complete the degree there. The basic sciences are given in English, but for the clinical years you must learn Hebrew brecause that phase is done in Israeli hospitals. It wouldn't hurt to learn some Russian and a few other languages as well!

Pass rates on the USMLE are high.

There is a second Israeli med school in the Negev also recruiting Americans. Again, I don't have details.

------------------

hi , i'm a 5th year med student form israel , studing in technion-haifa, just for your knwledge , there's a program for american students - studing the first 2 yrs. (i think) of med school in manhatten and the other 2 in haifa. it's called the "turo" program. you can check it out on www.technion.ac.il/medicine