Sackler?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timbo0984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the average accepted student to Sackler is. On the phone they say, that its about a 25 mcat and 3.5 gpa but i wanted to know the real deal. Just like the US avg accepted is a 30 and 3.5 , i know that 27 and up and a solid gpa you should be okay. Anything like that for sackler? Let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a student at Sackler and I don't think anyone really knows the exact numbers. It would seem that 28-30 mcat and 3.3-3.6 gpa seem to be the average. Of course, there are people who have numbers above/below who get in, it doesn't hurt to apply.

What are you talking about man?! They accepted you, me, your roommate, my roommate.... Their standards can't be that high!

Members don't see this ad :)
So does that mean someone with a 3.75 science gpa and a 23 MCAT has no chance? My entire essay is about why studying is Israel would be the only place I can get the experience I need before coming back to the states - do you think they take that into consideration at all?

This is a small school with a very diverse group of accepted applicants. In addition, they do not publish an "average" MCAT score or GPA. If you want to go, then apply and see what happens. You cannot rely on anyone on here who says that they can predict whether or not you will get in.

Sheesh, I was trying to be helpful and harrass DocEG all in the same post. But to echo what she said, we're a diverse group, and they do take into account more than just numbers. Good luck with applying. You might also want to consider visiting the school here in Tel Aviv, and meet with Esti Landau and/or Dean Shenkman.

punchberry said:
This is a small school with a very diverse group of accepted applicants. In addition, they do not publish an "average" MCAT score or GPA. If you want to go, then apply and see what happens. You cannot rely on anyone on here who says that they can predict whether or not you will get in.

Sorry DHM, just meant to say that there are only so many ways to say "we don't know exactly who will get in, because really the only numbers we know are our own". However, after I posted my previous reply, I managed to recall the following conversation from the Sackler info session I attended last year

Student: "Is there a specific MCAT score that you are looking for?"
Marcia Warner (Director of Admissions): "We generally look for at least a 9 in each section"
Another Student: "So, if we don't have a 9 in every section, should we still apply?"
Marcia Warner: "Definitely still apply."

This was followed by a lengthy explanation of how the application has to be considered at a whole. Basically, the same thing that was said above.

Good luck everyone; please come and visit Tel Aviv!